Straight Talk has stopped selling AT&T SIM cards...

So is there any real difference between Net10 an ST AT&T sims anyhow? Besides the data cap, I would think it be to the same coverage and service. After all, it's still the AT&T network.

I have 2 ST AT&T sim I am seriously pondering selling on Ebay. Those things are going for about $70. I'll just sell them and buy a few Net10 AT&T sims from Amazon on the cheap and call it even. Seems like a good plan at any rate.

ATT cards for Net10 are cheap as hell on ebay. I just bougnht 4 for like 3 dollars shipped. Just got switched to them and no problems with anything. cards activated and worked just fine, well, one was completely defective but they were so cheap it doeswn't matter.

i think one of the benefits of straight talk, or why they are so appealing, is you can buy some cheap refills on ebay. not sure if that is the case with net10. then again, i've read too many horror stories on howardforums about ST throttling people for hardly any reason, and even worse that sometimes once you get throttled you are stuck like that. since ST and net10 are essentially the same company, i wonder if the same applies to them as well.

i think one of the benefits of straight talk, or why they are so appealing, is you can buy some cheap refills on ebay. not sure if that is the case with net10. then again, i've read too many horror stories on howardforums about ST throttling people for hardly any reason, and even worse that sometimes once you get throttled you are stuck like that. since ST and net10 are essentially the same company, i wonder if the same applies to them as well.

I don't know why they would throttle you since you have a 1.5GB cap with Net10. Use it up and you're done.

Been reading a lot of stories like Zorachus's around the interwebs. Seems like if you even use more than 200 MB in one day, ST will throttle you.

ST should have been like Fight Club - the people who knew about it, shouldn't have talked about it. Now that everyone is hopping on the bandwagon, having so many people pulling so much data down like it's a regular network must test the limits of what's financially viable for them with their MVNO agreements.

Been reading a lot of stories like Zorachus's around the interwebs. Seems like if you even use more than 200 MB in one day, ST will throttle you.

ST should have been like Fight Club - the people who knew about it, shouldn't have talked about it. Now that everyone is hopping on the bandwagon, having so many people pulling so much data down like it's a regular network must test the limits of what's financially viable for them with their MVNO agreements.

Fight Club wouldn't have been so secret if Walmart was pimping it everywhere.

ST ATT sucking in Chicago. My brother and I both on it, with Galaxy Nexus, and Nexus 4, wow data speeds slow as 2G / Edge, and group MMS Messaging only goes through 50% of the time, even texts it shows I send to my Wife's phone, she only received like 1/3rd of them. Only thing that works well is phone calls, that's it.

You get what ya pay for I guess ? Might just go back to full official AT&T plan again, yes it's more expensive, but fuck Straight Talk the past few months.

ST ATT sucking in Chicago. My brother and I both on it, with Galaxy Nexus, and Nexus 4, wow data speeds slow as 2G / Edge, and group MMS Messaging only goes through 50% of the time, even texts it shows I send to my Wife's phone, she only received like 1/3rd of them. Only thing that works well is phone calls, that's it.

You get what ya pay for I guess ? Might just go back to full official AT&T plan again, yes it's more expensive, but fuck Straight Talk the past few months.

That's why I'm hesitant to leave Verizon. Sure it's $75/month, but I get unlimited data, 450 min, and unlimited text. Plus, I know what I'm going to get vs. having to guess.

That's why I'm hesitant to leave Verizon. Sure it's $75/month, but I get unlimited data, 450 min, and unlimited text. Plus, I know what I'm going to get vs. having to guess.

That's my issue too but I think I've finally hit the end of my rope with them. Between the high prices, the lack of unlimited data, lack of good phones, locked bootloaders, pulling a fast one with their LTE spectrum, and then the NSA thing there's not much making me want to stay with them anymore.

Moving to T-Mobile or Straight Talk with T-Mobile SIM in 12 months is very likely for me.

Might be a regional thing...Knock on wood, my Straight Talk is 100% perfect

I'd hold onto that plan forever if I were you FWIW. Having unlimited data on one of the best networks in the country will be a very valuable asset in the future.

That's my issue too but I think I've finally hit the end of my rope with them. Between the high prices, the lack of unlimited data, lack of good phones, locked bootloaders, pulling a fast one with their LTE spectrum, and then the NSA thing there's not much making me want to stay with them anymore.

Moving to T-Mobile or Straight Talk with T-Mobile SIM in 12 months is very likely for me.

Don't think that ATT/Sprint/Everybody else doesn't do the same thing...because they absolutely will if ordered too.

What do you mean "pulled a fast one with their LTE spectrum?"

I'd hold onto that plan forever if I were you FWIW. Having unlimited data on one of the best networks in the country will be a very valuable asset in the future.

Don't think that ATT/Sprint/Everybody else doesn't do the same thing...because they absolutely will if ordered too.

What do you mean "pulled a fast one with their LTE spectrum?"

Without a contract Verizon could end unlimited data any day they want. They simply haven't yet. There is no contract protecting your unlimited data. People buying phones at full price are off contract and Verizon can change things at any time.

True enough about ATT/Sprint/Everybody but we know for a FACT that Verizon did it. That's the catch. If proof comes out that T-Mobile did it then T-Mobile doesn't get my money either. I'll vote with my wallet.

The spectrum that Verizon uses for their LTE is supposed to be open to any and all devices. Google lobbied hard for that to be part of the spectrum. However, Verizon uses their proprietary CDMA to keep other devices locked out.

For $15 more, ATT is coming out with a brand new pre-paid plan. officially AT&T network and support, and support LTE.

AT&T restructures and improves GoPhone prepaid plans
http://www.androidcentral.com/att-restructures-and-improves-gophone-prepaid-plans

Starting next week, AT&T will shift to a new three tier prepaid plan structure:

$60 per month: unlimited talk and text with 2GB of data, $10 per 1GB additional
$40 per month: 500 minutes, unlimited text with 200MB of data, $5 per 100MB additional
$25 per month: 250 minutes, unlimited text with no data, $5 per 50MB of data additional

Wow that 60 a month is crazy, tmobile's unlimited 50 a month will have a hard time considering the coverage and spotty lte.

For $15 more, ATT is coming out with a brand new pre-paid plan. officially AT&T network and support, and support LTE.

AT&T restructures and improves GoPhone prepaid plans
http://www.androidcentral.com/att-restructures-and-improves-gophone-prepaid-plans

Starting next week, AT&T will shift to a new three tier prepaid plan structure:

$60 per month: unlimited talk and text with 2GB of data, $10 per 1GB additional
$40 per month: 500 minutes, unlimited text with 200MB of data, $5 per 100MB additional
$25 per month: 250 minutes, unlimited text with no data, $5 per 50MB of data additional
Are you sure about what that "Official ATT Support" means?

Sure, you could get ATT's call centers but does that mean your cell traffic has the priority as one of their regular customers?

Sure, you could get ATT's call centers but does that mean your cell traffic has the priority as one of their regular customers?

Honestly not sure ? Is this a MVNO like Straight Talk riding on ATT network, a third class citizen ? Or since this pre-paid directly from ATT, does that mean it's ATT network, like a contract customer ? Is there even a difference, do they have different lines they use for Straight Talk over their contract customers ?

Considering almost no one was using their gophone service, which did have priority on their service prior, I would assume this has the same priority stack. This is most likely a move to get some of the MVNO's pie, since they are bleeding the major carriers big time right now.

This is most likely a move to get some of the MVNO's pie, since they are bleeding the major carriers big time right now.
Agreed, but if AT&T didn't bleed their customers so bad to start with , they would have never gone to one of the MVNO's

This current offering from them is to little too late for me, and probably many others

Agreed, but if AT&T didn't bleed their customers so bad to start with , they would have never gone to one of the MVNO's

This current offering from them is to little too late for me, and probably many others

Its not too late for me, I would do this still. The only thing that has me contemplating TMO still is their unlimited data, but my data usage very rarely goes over 2gb a month.

Back