Storage Driver Missing During OS Install

HF is such a good resource and I'm so stuck that I'll stop lurking and post.

I'm hoping someone can just tell me I'm an idiot and give a fix :)
We recently purchased several HP towers

Model: TE02-0250xt​

Our process is always to wipe the drives and install VL copies of Windows. I wiped the drive and installed Windows, but it showed no drives. It gave me the "Load your own drivers" message.
Ok, this happens, but here's what I tried:

HP support site - Storage driver Package contains no drivers Win10 or 11 will recognize
Intel RST Download - Contains no drivers Win10 or 11 will recognize
Occasionally, I have seen a fix being to change from RAID/AHCI to SATA in bios - Option doesn't exist

This is a z690 MB, so it's not an out-of-date issue. Also, HP had some kind of driver on there to begin with, so it exists :)
I still have one of the PC's that is stock, so i'm wondering if I can steal the INF from there and install windows, but I'm hoping there is a more straightforward approach someone can recommend.
Thank in advance

i would start with a bios update and clearing, and then make sure its in full uefi mode(look for legacy or CSM and turn those off). the last z690 based asus board i used had an intel controller and did not need drivers fed to it.

bios from Jan 13: Download
edit; wait, thats for the 1000i... do you have the 1000i or 0000i version of that system?
edit2: got here and punchin your s/n, see what page it takes you too and if there is a bios update.

Last edited:
i would start with a bios update and clearing, and then make sure its in full uefi mode(look for legacy or CSM and turn those off). the last z690 based asus board i used had an intel controller and did not need drivers fed to it.

bios from Jan 13: Download
edit; wait, thats for the 1000i... do you have the 1000i or 0000i version of that system?
edit2: got here and punchin your s/n, see what page it takes you too and if there is a bios update.
Thanks for the reply. That was actually my first hurdle, being that the downloads page doesn't specifically mention my model, which is odd since while i just purchased these, they are 12th gen. So it shouldn't be something new in HP's system. I believe I looked at both of those (1000i and 0000I) and only one had a storage driver on the HP site, which didn't work. I'm not a very happy HP customer right now, but I think I'm just going to manually steal them from the working PC.

Edit: also that was good advice.. But HP Bios are the most barebones I've ever seen. No mention of CSM module, legacy boot, etc.

Thanks for the reply. That was actually my first hurdle, being that the downloads page doesn't specifically mention my model, which is odd since while i just purchased these, they are 12th gen. So it shouldn't be something new in HP's system. I believe I looked at both of those (1000i and 0000I) and only one had a storage driver on the HP site, which didn't work. I'm not a very happy HP customer right now, but I think I'm just going to manually steal them from the working PC.

Edit: also that was good advice.. But HP Bios are the most barebones I've ever seen. No mention of CSM module, legacy boot, etc.
the go here part would be more helpful if i included the link... did you find it on the support page?
and yeah, can you see it in bios?

You need what is called the "F6" drivers. They call them that because during the old NT/XP days you had to press F6 to load the drivers. Now you just click the 'load drivers' button on the select disk screen.

The drivers on the HP site are probably in a cab or bundled somehow that need to be extracted until you have the .inf files.

These should also work for you. Just download, extract and copy the folder to the USB drive you are installing Windows from, then load driver and select that folder.

https://www.station-drivers.com/index.php/en/component/remository/func-startdown/5718/lang,en-gb/

Yes, this is a legitimate site.

I still have one of the PC's that is stock, so i'm wondering if I can steal the INF from there and install windows, but I'm hoping there is a more straightforward approach someone can recommend.
Thank in advance
Since you have one of the PC's, what if you were to remove the HD from that system and connect it via USB. Then have windows search that drive for the drivers?

Back