Steve Jobs Funeral To Be Picketed By Westboro Church

Shit if I didn't have things going for me in my life right now I'd be down to go Phelps hunting. Someone could probably get away with murdering some WBBC members fairly easily I'd imagine, idk why it hasn't happened yet. Even a single round from a sniper rifle to the back of Fred's head would probably be enough to make them reconsider their priorities in life.

Making martyrs if them would only serve to justify everything for them and it would be 10x worse.

Aren't those the "God hates fags" people? Oh, I hope that they burn in hell. Those people really are the scum of the earth. This is what organized religion does to people.
There are many more in the States. Or rather, there are very few, but they are very vocal.
Here's another Baptist church in Oregon. And I thought Portland was progressive...
5fbe62bec54afa3f12843c1a9c0d4e92_19413939.jpg

But I don't condemn this minority of bigots and zealots, they were "born that way." ^-^

This is bullshit, the people that go to church are the first ones to criticize and judge people. The man is dead leave him and his family alone.

Steve jobs and apple I have always thought was the devil and anti christ. I support this protest the man ranks up there with bin laden in my list of most hated people on this planet.... oh wait they are both dead now well great year for me here is to a better future the world is a better place with bin laden and Steve jobs dead.

I'm picturing the guy on the coach from that scene in Armageddon where he's wearing lipstick and gazing at lists of people from HS whom he wants to kill.

Pretty sure you have a mental illness.

Steve jobs and apple I have always thought was the devil and anti christ. I support this protest the man ranks up there with bin laden in my list of most hated people on this planet.... oh wait they are both dead now well great year for me here is to a better future the world is a better place with bin laden and Steve jobs dead.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yeah, yeah, Steve Jobs/Apple = just like Hitler, Kim Jong Il, and Chairman Mao all rolled into one. :rolleyes:

I'm picturing the guy on the coach from that scene in Armageddon where he's wearing lipstick and gazing at lists of people from HS whom he wants to kill.

Steve Buscemi, but the movie was Billy Madison.

And yes, anyone who likens Steve Jobs/Apple as worse than Satan probably is at least somewhat removed from reality.

Kind of funny that Jesus hung out with hookers, thieves, and other sinners his entire life.

The people he was most critical of was the church. In fact, he did what a lot of us would like to see the WBC done to them: he beat them with a whip at church. The people he criticized the most were the most pious churchgoers ("You snakes! You brood of vipers! How will you escape being condemned to hell?").

Jesus would facepalm at these people who claim to be his followers. And he'd beat the shit out of them.

Regardless of what you think of Apple and Steve Jobs these people are pieces of shit. They're rejected experiments. Failed abortions. They are the personification of the execution of the Newton. They are stains in the sheets that somehow got lucky.

There are words like honor, respect, faith, and dignity. Lives are built on these words and ideas.

These people use those ideas with something they wipe their asses with.

Steve jobs and WBC go together like bread and butter. They are (well in Steve J's case, was) both ruthless and willing to step on anyone to do what they want, regardless of how much pain and suffering it causes others. I find the prospect of WBC picketing Jobs's funeral ironic and entertaining at the same time.

Carry on!

Only terrorist are on my list now I was a drone pilot for 2 years after high school its habit. paul mcartney and carrot top are at the top now.

Maybe these psychos from the church but if they protest steve jobs they cant be all bad, they have changed my mind of them.

Them nazi's must have ran out of military funeral to protest so they decided to take on Steve. I ain't no fun of Steve but geez why would anybody want to delay such a proceeding, I mean even for a second? Oh I got it! Attention!:(

They were doing this shit before they started getting any media attention, so no, that wouldnt help.

Really? That's why they're picketing at high profile funerals, because they don't want attention and media coverage?

Only terrorist are on my list now I was a drone pilot for 2 years after high school its habit. paul mcartney and carrot top are at the top now.

Maybe these psychos from the church but if they protest steve jobs they cant be all bad, they have changed my mind of them.

Glad to know our drone pilots have the same maturity level as COD gamers on Xbox live... :eek:

Westboro shitheads should be put in the ground, and their funerals picketed, and their graves desecrated. "because it's the right thing to do"

Westboro Baptist is a bunch of real life trolls. It's one single family, with many of the members being lawyers. They want to be assaulted or harassed in such a way while picketing so they can sue people.

Here's another Baptist church in Oregon. And I thought Portland was progressive...^

Yeah, because one or two churches (which I'm pretty sure are protected by freedom of speech) is enough to condemn the entirety of Portland. :rolleyes:

Despite the classic adage, a few bad apples do not spoil the whole bunch.

@MavericK96 Yeah, but quote the line above too. I said they were very few but vocal.
I know Portland is a great city, especially for music, that's why I was surprised by this one church's retrograde attitude.
Freedom of speech is one thing, but this is hate speech, which takes precedence legally.

Westboro Baptist is a bunch of real life trolls. It's one single family, with many of the members being lawyers. They want to be assaulted or harassed in such a way while picketing so they can sue people.

That's basically their business model... piss people off while picketing so that they can sue for money. They are true leeches on society and suffice to say, no one will shed a tear if they're gone.

I wonder how the head of this so-called church is going to feel when he stands before God and God says, "You were wrong. I love everybody, which is why Jesus went to the cross. Also, here's all the people that turned away from Christ as a direct result of your actions."

John 3:16 and John 3:17 tell what the bible is about. The message of Christianity is loving God, forgiving those that have wronged you, and living according to godly principles. Nowhere did Jesus say hate your enemies, preach hatred, and spite people you disagree with. This so-called church is not representative of Christ's teachings. They're an embodiment of evil.

I wonder how the head of this so-called church is going to feel when he stands before God and God says, "You were wrong. I love everybody, which is why Jesus went to the cross. Also, here's all the people that turned away from Christ as a direct result of your actions."

John 3:16 and John 3:17 tell what the bible is about. The message of Christianity is loving God, forgiving those that have wronged you, and living according to godly principles. Nowhere did Jesus say hate your enemies, preach hatred, and spite people you disagree with. This so-called church is not representative of Christ's teachings. They're an embodiment of evil.

Their actions have nothing to do with religion, they are just another example of people who try and use their religion to excuse their bad behavior. Oh sure they aren't crashing planes into buildings but it's the same idiotic mindset.

Don't worry you will find out when you end up in the same place. Pretending to be a model Christian won't get you to where you wan't to go.

All so-called churches are not representative of Christ's teachings. We are all the embodiment of evil.

There fixed that up for you

He's not going to feel anything because he'll be dead. None of that other stuff is real.

Don't worry you will find out when you end up in the same place. Pretending to be a model Christian won't get you to where you wan't to go.

How, exactly, am I pretending to be anything in my post? I simply pointed out a fact. A good tree produces good fruit, a bad tree produces bad fruit. The fruit being produced by Westboro is decidedly bad, and their message is not in accordance with the Gospel. Is it not written that many false teachers and prophets would be in the world, or do you think it is man's role to remain ignorant of evil? In that light, I would ask you by what basis are you casting judgment upon me? Have I spoken anything in contradiction to the Gospel? Am I teaching a message of hate? What fruit has fallen from my tree? I am a private individual sharing an opinion, not a pastor leading a flock. As for where I am going, I certainly know what I deserve but I also know the pardon that was purchased for me. Can you say the same of yourself?

All so-called churches are not representative of Christ's teachings. We are all the embodiment of evil.

Some are more representative than others. As for all being the embodiment of evil, that is precisely why it is by God's mercy, and not by any action of men, that salvation is achieved, lest anyone be able to boast of themselves.

While I do enjoy discussing theology this topic is not a theological discussion. It is in regards to the protesting of Steve Jobs' funeral by a decidedly unsavory bunch of people. Now if you would please return to discussing the topic instead of leveling personal attacks against me and insinuating that I am no better than Fred Phelps I would greatly appreciate it. Any additional personal attacks, regardless of how you choose to veil them, will be reported for moderation.

He's not going to feel anything because he'll be dead. None of that other stuff is real.
That's true. When you are dead you don't exist anymore, and therefore it doesn't make sense to talk about events that happen to a person after death. You can only talk about what happens to their corpse. I.e. "Bob's corpse was set on fire", or "Jim's corpse was dropped from a helicopter @ 8000 meters", etc.

It is beyond the scope of this thread to discuss the validity of such assertions. I respond only since you addressed me directly, and I will only say that we will disagree on this matter though I will note that I have much less to lose in the unlikely event that I am incorrect.

Come on guys, lets not let religion creep its way into a topic about a religious group.

i think an unmarked snow plow driven remotely in some other country should just sorta make its way through the picketing crowd.

Kind of funny that Jesus hung out with hookers, thieves, and other sinners his entire life.
The people he was most critical of was the church.

It was the money changers in the temple he had a problem with. (i.e. the people making a profit off religion)

As for the "hookers, thieves, and other sinners", he also told them to go and sin no more.

It is beyond the scope of this thread to discuss the validity of such assertions. I respond only since you addressed me directly, and I will only say that we will disagree on this matter though I will note that I have much less to lose in the unlikely event that I am incorrect.
Pascal's Wager? Really? Even if I thought I could gain some benefit (or avoid some horrible penalty) by becoming a theist, it would change nothing because theism is actually not a possibility for me. It's simply not compatible with my brain, or with the information I have about reality. Theism isn't only impossible for me; it's also not a possibility for a fair number of other people on this planet. When you suggest that others who don't share your backward beliefs will suffer in Hell, it's entirely unhelpful to anyone (except you I guess).

Pascal's Wager? Really? Even if I thought I could gain some benefit (or avoid some horrible penalty) by becoming a theist, it would change nothing because theism is actually not a possibility for me. It's simply not compatible with my brain, or with the information I have about reality. Theism isn't only impossible for me; it's also not a possibility for a fair number of other people on this planet. When you suggest that others who don't share your backward beliefs will suffer in Hell, it's entirely unhelpful to anyone (except you I guess).

You're talking to a brick wall dude. lol just give up

Have to hand it to ol' Steve; he sure can become the head of any conversational table or forum and boy do sparks fly.

Wait, you guys didn't know pancreatic cancer is a side effect of gay sex? You haven't been reading your Chick Tracts I see.

When you suggest that others who don't share your backward beliefs will suffer in Hell, it's entirely unhelpful to anyone (except you I guess).

Besides being an ignorant assertion, calling my beliefs backward is only making your own intolerance stand out. What you do not know is that in addition to being a devout Christian I also believe in the scientific method. Rational thinking is not the exclusive property of atheists, and if you think rationality is in conflict with faith then you possess an overly simplistic and very inaccurate world view. Either way, I do not dictate what happens to others in regards to their eternal destiny, and I trust that God knows what he's doing. You are free to live your life however you want, and believe whatever you want. I only expect the same understanding from others in return.

You're talking to a brick wall dude. lol just give up

I'm glad somebody understands that arguing is pointless. I am not here to proselytize nor argue. Argument is never my goal. I simply voiced an opinion about what I think of WBC's teachings and attitudes. Others saw fit to use it as an opportunity to attack me for my faith and make broad claims about religion and the afterlife. I have no interest in arguing as it solves nothing, but I will stand firm on my convictions, however unpopular they may be with some individuals.

Now will people please return to the topic at hand, or is this going to become yet another derailed and locked thread?

Wait, you guys didn't know pancreatic cancer is a side effect of gay sex? You haven't been reading your Chick Tracts I see.

i thought homosexuality was a side effect of pancreatic cancer? :p

anyway, to anyone who is trying to make this thread about religion: its not. you are all trolls, and its pretty disgusting trying to push your own agenda where it doesnt belong. this thread is about the loss of a controversial but great man, who made lifestyle-altering ideas come to life, and then sold the shit out of them. im not an apple fan myself, owning only an original iphone which i seem to have lost, but i recognize the mans genius and i am sorry to see him go so young and when he undoubtedly had so much more to offer the tech world. rest in peace mr jobs.

Back