Steve Jobs Funeral To Be Picketed By Westboro Church

Besides being an ignorant assertion, calling my beliefs backward is only making your own intolerance stand out. What you do not know is that in addition to being a devout Christian I also believe in the scientific method. Rational thinking is not the exclusive property of atheists, and if you think rationality is in conflict with faith then you possess an overly simplistic and very inaccurate world view. Either way, I do not dictate what happens to others in regards to their eternal destiny, and I trust that God knows what he's doing. You are free to live your life however you want, and believe whatever you want. I only expect the same understanding from others in return.
I'm glad you can be rational about other stuff. I don't agree with some of my fellow atheists who say "all theists are dumb", which is obviously untrue. Theists can be dumb, (and so can atheists). Theists are irrational about one particular subject - it's as if rational thought cannot reach the area of the brain where these beliefs live. This has been written about and is getting to be better understood. I don't want to argue either ; I only want to stress one point, which is as follows: the chance of me becoming a theist is exactly 0.0% It's not a very, very close approximation of 0.0%, it's actually 0.0% Therefore, if your fictional Hell is real, the chance of me going there is exactly 100% Rhetorical question: do I deserve to go to Hell? If so, for what exactly?

anyway, to anyone who is trying to make this thread about religion: its not. you are all trolls, and its pretty disgusting trying to push your own agenda where it doesnt belong. this thread is about the loss of a controversial but great man,

Nope, sorry this thread is 100% about religion. "Church" is in the damn thread title ffs. Maybe you thought you were posting in the "Steve Jobs is dead" thread? This is the thread where we make fun of religious wing nuts.

On another note, today is Yom Kippur, I think Westboro and the Phelps could use a day of atonement...
Funny how Yom Kippur is the tenth day of the seventh month in the Hebrew calendar, which this year falls on the seventh day of the tenth month. ^-^

Nope, sorry this thread is 100% about religion. "Church" is in the damn thread title ffs. Maybe you thought you were posting in the "Steve Jobs is dead" thread? This is the thread where we make fun of religious wing nuts.

haha i did think i was posting in "steve jobs is dead" my bad. :) anyway i still hate bonehead religious arguments on the internet. people trying to convert people to or from religion, or saying really disguting and hateful things about a dead man both make me sad. :(

haha i did think i was posting in "steve jobs is dead" my bad. :) anyway i still hate bonehead religious arguments on the internet. people trying to convert people to or from religion, or saying really disguting and hateful things about a dead man both make me sad. :(
AFAIK I've never in my life converted anyone to atheism. I don't make this my goal because it's generally impossible. Goals should be achievable - otherwise they're unhealthy.

i thought homosexuality was a side effect of pancreatic cancer? :p

anyway, to anyone who is trying to make this thread about religion: its not. you are all trolls, and its pretty disgusting trying to push your own agenda where it doesnt belong. this thread is about the loss of a controversial but great man, who made lifestyle-altering ideas come to life, and then sold the shit out of them. im not an apple fan myself, owning only an original iphone which i seem to have lost, but i recognize the mans genius and i am sorry to see him go so young and when he undoubtedly had so much more to offer the tech world. rest in peace mr jobs.

Thats prostate cancer homosexual men are all about the prostate stimulation once you get some you never go back.

Supposedly Jobs' funeral was a small private affair held sometime today.

This seems in line with the kind of private person he was, and screws whackjobs out of their platform for bigotry and hate.

the chance of me becoming a theist is exactly 0.0% It's not a very, very close approximation of 0.0%, it's actually 0.0% Therefore, if your fictional Hell is real, the chance of me going there is exactly 100% Rhetorical question: do I deserve to go to Hell? If so, for what exactly?

Since this is a rhetorical question I won't answer, though I do know the answer and it is for the exact same reason that I deserve to go to Hell and that everyone else does as well. However, I disagree with the 0.0% part. I believe in miracles, so anything is possible. I've seen them happen, and many other things that are not explainable by conventional science. That's not irrationality, that's simply a result of observation.

I am glad that you are being respectful though. Civility is all I ever ask for from anyone, and I think that if more people practiced that, regardless of what they believe, then organizations like the WBC which know nothing of civility would be fewer in number in the world, not because of censorship, but because people would not wish to join of their own choosing. If nothing else, I think we can both agree that is a worthy goal to strive for.

Rumor has it that if the Westboro goes to the funeral, terrorists will murder their babies back home.

Just saying.

Supposedly Jobs' funeral was a small private affair held sometime today.

This seems in line with the kind of private person he was, and screws whackjobs out of their platform for bigotry and hate.
That's good. Someone should really do something about those Westboro assholes though. Isn't there someone out there who's received a terminal diagnosis recently, who can do the world a solid before they go?

Its pretty sad how poor God always has to get dragged into things like this every time some group wants to try and dignify their own ignorant beliefs which hold no Biblical truth.

Got a email that Steve Jobs is dead. Thought I make sure by checking here. So its true.
May he rest in peace.

One can only hope that God gives these people what they truly deserve. Perhaps someday they will wake up and understand that what they are doing is sick and hurtful, but I honestly doubt it. One can only feel sorry for their children who grow up in homes filled only with hatred towards their fellow man...

Oh....don't feed the trolls...

... the chance of me becoming a theist is exactly 0.0% It's not a very, very close approximation of 0.0%, it's actually 0.0% Therefore, if your fictional Hell is real, the chance of me going there is exactly 100% Rhetorical question: do I deserve to go to Hell? If so, for what exactly?

Interestingly, the bible agrees with you -- Romans chapter 3. See Ephesians chapter 1 and Romans chapter 9 for answer to your "rhetorical" question. :)

It doesn't surprise me. I remember reading a stat a few months ago that said some 37% of iPhone users would consider upgrading to the next gen. iPhone without knowing any of its specs. Basically, upgrade their iPhone, sight unseen. :rolleyes:

So? How many HardOCP readers would upgrade to an Nvidia 680 or AMD 7900 video card, without knowing any of its specs, sight unseen?

after the rage debocle i'll be jumping ship to nvidia if they implement an eyefinity like setup out of box

To be quite honest, I don't care the specs of the new iPhone. I know they're going to be better anyways. The main reason I don't care is because I'm going to sell it next year, make a profit, and buy a the new one. Rinse and repeat. I could care less about the specs being better, I just care about coming away with a profit after using a year old tech. product.

Logically speaking, I see no reason to upgrade from the 4 to the 4S, but, if I wait a year and upgrade to the 5, I'll only be able to sell my phone for half as much. So it works, I make money every year, completely pay off my new shiny iPhone, and I'll have the latest generation.

So? How many HardOCP readers would upgrade to an Nvidia 680 or AMD 7900 video card, without knowing any of its specs, sight unseen?

Not me. I research everything long before I make any purchases. Now if you were giving away a 680 for free I'd certainly not turn it down. I'd pass on the 7900 though because I don't like AMD's handling of drivers and I don't want the resultant headaches.

What would be awesome is if they put a bomb in Jobs corpse and encouraged the WBC members to come closer to picket.

What would be even cooler is if they detonated the bomb with an iphone app and made an "Theres an app for that commercial" about it.

No one who is actually [H] would upgrade their existing consumer electronic device or computer component without knowing the specs and reading reviews.

Back