Steaming Poo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
weellll I'm pissed. I can't log on either.

I have the game folks (valve) um...why can't I play it now? what the F is wrong with your damn servers?!! It says problem with internet connection or steam network

can't find my account when i say send me the password...yet it finds my email....yet it doesn't send anything TO my email. PIECE OF SH!T

dudewth said:
Good luck. You won't get anywhere. Do you want to know what Valve's customer support is? The steam forums. There's no phone number. It's a smart move in some ways, because there would be about 800 calls a minute from 14 yr old idiots, but a bad move for the person who actually has a problem that can be easily fixed by Valve.

You won't win anything in court. I'm sure somewhere in the "contract" you signed, there is a clause relieving Valve of any responsibility for server lag or downtime. You should also try waiting more than a day after the game comes out to judge how often you'll be able to play.

Phone # on Valve's site

425-889-9642

not sure if you can get customer support from it..but maybe you can complain to someone

-fro

afropuff said:
Phone # on Valve's site

425-889-9642

not sure if you can get customer support from it..but maybe you can complain to someone

-fro
That number won't get you anything. Try it though.

Wasn't steam supposed to authenticate the game and not require the cd/dvd in the drive? I thought I remember hearing something about that. My retail CE version still requires me to insert the disc each time. Did I miss something?

I'm installing the retail bought version right now. In less than 10 minutes, I'll know whether I'll be joining everyone in the festivities or if I'll be playing the game.

If this doesn't work, I'm going to watch Chronicles of Riddick instead... then try logging on later. I don't see this steam shit living too much longer. Hopefully they'll realize the error of their ways and send out a patch which allows the game to run without using Steam.

BTW, this is one of the funnier threads I've read for a while. Some people are really fscking pissed LOL. I'm not trying to anger anyone, I'm in the same boat probably... it's just funny.

BoogerBomb said:
Anyone at Valve would suffice as a way of venting.

I'm in Bellevue, Wa. at work a few blocks from Valve. I'm gonna get HL2 on the way home, but I might have to come back to Bellevue later and teabag someone from the sounds of it.

I have logged on several different times today, all without a hitch. I was playing HL2 for the last 20 minutes before I had to take a break and cook my lady dinner, now I am typing here to let you all know that is still works great for me.

In fact it just logged in again as I was typing this. :D

[LYL]Homer said:
I'm in Bellevue, Wa. at work a few blocks from Valve. I'm gonna get HL2 on the way home, but I might have to come back to Bellevue later and teabag someone from the sounds of it.

*snicker* :D

Tiny said:
I have logged on several different times today, all without a hitch. I was playing HL2 for the last 20 minutes before I had to take a break and cook my lady dinner, now I am typing here to let you all know that is still works great for me.

Same here. You preloaded and bought it via Steam I assume? I did the same. Maybe the people having the problems are mostly retailers? Gogo Vivendi.

Is the check with Steam only to register HL2 or does it have to log you in with Steam every single time you load up the game?

[LYL]Homer said:
Is the check with Steam only to register HL2 or does it have to log you in with Steam every single time you load up the game?
You can start Steam in Offline mode if there is no internet connection present. I'm not sure if you can play HL2 like this, but I've been able to watch CS demos and play CZ with bots like this before.

I had an account on steam from ages ago, worked fine all day (ok, day here in NL) and then about an hour ago I try to relog on again, nothin.

piece of shite.

I mean, meh, its all been said. Valve, steam sucks arse, patch please.

dudewth said:
Same here. You preloaded and bought it via Steam I assume? I did the same. Maybe the people having the problems are mostly retailers? Gogo Vivendi.

Yup, bought the Broze package and pre-loaded it all about two weeks ago. The only problem that I have had with STEAM is that it sometimes loses my FAV SERVERS list for CSS. No big deal though since I have my one favorite server memorized now.

Tiny said:
Yup, bought the Broze package and pre-loaded it all about two weeks ago. The only problem that I have had with STEAM is that it sometimes loses my FAV SERVERS list for CSS. No big deal though since I have my one favorite server memorized now.
The same thing happens to me, except mine are usually CS/CZ servers. I'm not a fan of CS:S yet because of the quick switch bug. It completely owns me.

dudewth said:

Nope...bought the bronze...everything is pre-loaded and I can't log into shit. How did I know they were going to fvck this up.... :mad:

Self

Tiny said:

well that is very odd

I dunno if everyone else gets this (I'm assuming so) but it told me that the registration is busy so I can play in offline mode. It's unlocking the game now.....

WTF. Valve, just put out a no Steam patch. What happens in 2 or 3 years and you want to play this and the steam servers are down from a mutiny? lol

It just goes to show that Valve can sell dogshit in a box and n00bs will still buy it

C4rniV0r said:
It just goes to show that Valve can sell dogshit in a box and n00bs will still buy it
n00bs. Well put. You win. Congrats. Your cookie is in the mail.

zoobaby said:
Other people that did not do the pre loads and have an account already? WTF were you thinking? Did you not read anything at all about how HL2 authentication was going to work? All I can say is, that is what you get for procrastinating. You knew a steam account was going to be needed, why wait until the last minute? I just don't get it.

I have an account already. But I wanted the retail version so I went out and bought it today.. And now I can't register my CD-key. I mean all they have to do is accept a 25 digit code and add it to my account and the system can't even handle it. That is just plain wrong. Were talking under 1kb of data here!

So is there any official word yet on when this might get fixed or what the actual problem is? I didn't just buy the Gold version of HL2 to have the records of that deleted, did I?

CKMorpheus said:
So is there any official word yet on when this might get fixed or what the actual problem is? I didn't just buy the Gold version of HL2 to have the records of that deleted, did I?
Nothing will be deleted. This happened back when 1.6 came out. Their servers are just getting raped and will be back up when things calm down.

Netrat33 said:
weellll I'm pissed. I can't log on either.

I have the game folks (valve) um...why can't I play it now? what the F is wrong with your damn servers?!! It says problem with internet connection or steam network

can't find my account when i say send me the password...yet it finds my email....yet it doesn't send anything TO my email. PIECE OF SH!T
EXACT same bug... im pissed

dudewth said:
Nothing will be deleted. This happened back when 1.6 came out. Their servers are just getting raped and will be back up when things calm down.

how long 'till they get counceling and press charges(aka, get survers back up)?

dudewth said:

I had it pre-loaded just not purchased. Came home today paid to have it unlocked. Then wehn it tries to unloack says im too busy now go away.

StArWaRrIoR said

I
dunno if everyone else gets this (I'm assuming so) but it told me that the registration is busy so I can play in offline mode. It's unlocking the game now.....

Same exact thing happened to me a few hours ago.
Been playing SP and wondering wtf regarding " them getting back to me "
SP is great though!

At this rate, Duke Nukem Forever will be released before I even see the opening screen of Half Life 2.

:(

help a noob, i've never used steam before, i needed to restart my comp. because it locked up while trying (just like every other person in the world) to register for steam. When i restarted my comp. i went to try to register and when i hit "Next" it says "action can not be completed while steam is offline"....is it offline because of them or do i need to turn something back on, on my comp??????

Steam is back up for certain users, please retry logging in at this time. If this problem persists try deleting your Clientregistry.blob. Thank You - Steam

*holding longest breath ever*

Oh...I think I'm logging on now!

WOOHOO on!

I uninstalled everything then reinstalled..dunno if that helped for sure..

This is still ridiculous though!

Ive ben able to login to my account no problem. But it still cant connect to unlock my game. :( :(

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahav

*takes deep breath*

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back