Steaming Poo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
has taken over 20 minutes and counting to log me in to play half-life 2

had an error logging me in because the network is fubar

is really beginning to piss me off

tjr1973 said:
Absolutely unacceptable. I was fortunate in downloading it weeks ago and authenticating it this morning at 5:30 A.M. If I was one of those people who went to the store, bought the game for fifty plus dollars, brought it home and couldn't play it, I would be mad as hell. Valve and VU are the ones who made everybody authenticate it. As such, they should have been ready. What a bunch of crap.

This is me, returned a bunch of games to EB, NFS underground, Jedi Academy, H&D 2, Manhunt and used my last $30 F@CKING dollars to buy it and now I can't play it, F@CKING BULLSHIT!

yes same here i could not get on the steam forums.
and it took for ever to make an account.
they really messed this game up.
with the bull crap of makeing ancount and unlocking files.
steam is poo

... definately does NOT have the network resources to require an on-line activation while at the same time offering people who buy the game online to download over a gigabyte of data.

I'm home on lunch and couldnt even log in to play a game that I had paid for and downloaded weeks ago! :(

Steam Network Status: http://www.steampowered.com/status/status.html

Akuma said:
....is the future of game publishing.

God help us if this is true.

FUCK STEAM! Its shit, you people who think it isn't are just kissing Valves ass.

Stop it.

the steam u are talking about is what come off the poop.
and boy does it smell.
STEAM SUX

theNoid said:
God help us if this is true.

FUCK STEAM! Its shit, you people who think it isn't are just kissing Valves ass.

Stop it.

Actually not kissing anyone's ass. Just finishing the sentence... p00n

Don't get mad at those of us who like it just because it is giving you problems.

...is what comes out of hell when you pour water in it.

Maybe thats why steam sucks so much...its possesed from hell.

gave me problems initially,took me about 20+ minutes to start being able to play my copy of HL2 and is an inconvenience.

However since at least since they allowed me to play my HL2 CE in the meantime since their authentication transaction/whatever timed out due to busy servers, I am not worrying about it anymore and am just playing the game. I don't like the way i get port probe detections from friends.valvesoftware.com, but hey whatever the game seems cool so far.

...helps get wrinkles out, but an intense stream of steam will burn or possibly cut you.

(I cant believe I'm the first one to make a joke, albeit a bad joke.)

SIDE NOTE: when making sure I spelled albeit right I got this wonderful ad...
albeit.jpg

Im still waiting for the fucking thing to activate my god damned copy. They knew they would need additional resouces so they scrounged up a K6 server to handle the additional load apparently. A friend of mine has been trying all day to no avail.

Keeps saying im too busy go away.

This is my first time using steam and I am very thoroughly unimpressed with this crappy process.

Hell is too good for them. Or at least the portion of the people that worked on steam. Took an hour to authenticate my copy. another 30 minutes to, "Unlock game files" and now it won't recognize that the dvd is in my drive. I paid $80 for a shitty tshirt. Thanks valve.

If I was an admin on this forum..I would honestly remove every one of the threads with Steam, Half-life 2, or HL2 in the thread title and ban the people who attempt to make a thread with those 3 words in it. This is fucking ridiculous. Every other thread is about one of those 3, FUCKING POST YOUR PROBLEMS IN ONE OF THOSE INSTEAD OF SPAMMING THE FORUM WITH STUPID FUCKING THREADS.

Sad. I hate how people complain when thousands upon thousands of people are trying to do the same fucking thing they are doing and complaining. 95% of the time it's gonna happen. Just wayyyyy to many people trying to get on. When I purchased it an hour ago, the Credit check server was overloaded, but steam allowed me to play HL2 while they "get back to me." (IMO, that was pretty damn cool of them to do that) But, it's taking 3+hours to download it still going only about 30kb/sec. Eheh.

Maybe you should of made a steam account earlier? Instead of the day 10,000+ other people are. :)

So Cram it. Please.

F@ck all you pre loaders downloading the game I don't give a rats ass, I paid $54.99 for the f@cking game at the game store came home installed the CD's and it doesn't work that is f@cking BS. I hope you go spend $60 on something that doesn't work and then have others tell you you are the idiot and "you should have expected it not to work u r a dummy" F@CK YOU!!!

how long does it roughly take some of you to dl the game from steam? i have cable broadband so..? how large is it?
actually on this topic, i am already registered with steam but havent bought the game yet. would you guys recommend getting the actual box right now? or stick with steam?
it seems most of you are swaying against not using steam. say i actually buy it from best buy or whatever, will i also get cs:s with it? and will i be able to play right away? thanks a lot,

I created a steam account in time for the supposed first release date. I left my computer on with steam running everytime I heard a new preload was out. I paid my money. I authenticated sucessfully. Why can't I play my game?

AKTHOR said:
F@ck all you pre loaders downloading the game I don't give a rats ass, I paid $54.99 for the f@cking game at the game store came home installed the CD's and it doesn't work that is f@cking BS. I hope you go spend $60 on something that doesn't work and then have others tell you you are the idiot and "you should have expected it not to work u r a dummy" F@CK YOU!!!

Anger issues dude. BREATHE. Its JUST a video game.

-zac

Im waiting for it to be unloacked. Its all downloaded and got the same card processign error as you did and was cool with that. It just wont unlock the game. Valve hsa know for years that they would need extra resources just for this game. Did they do anything about it? No. In fact people were reporting that according to Steam that Valve REDUCED the bandwidth and servers for activation/unlocking. Poor planning on Valves part. They knew millions would be buying the game today.

AKTHOR said:

You sound like a little girl. Dont come on here and complain about this shit. The other rest of us on the forum dont give a rats ass if you cant authenticate. Dont come on here and whine like a 9 year old girl. Either wait a few days. Live with it. Or return the damn game.

Can't log on and even when I could I can't get the gd game to work. After all these years of waiting for this game I expect better then this BS! I hope the Fookers from Valve read this forum so they can become enlightened.

First you need Steam to play the game. Second, the Steam servers are overloaded and will be for the next few days. Given that you slacked for so long, you are better off buying the game and installing it then try to get authenticated via Steam.

If you try to DL via Steam you are only exacerbating the issue.

AKTHOR said:

Need a tissue?

Bytz said:
Can't log on and even when I could I can't get the gd game to work. After all these years of waiting for this game I expect better then this BS! I hope the Fookers from Valve read this forum so they can become enlightened.

Yay!! Another whiner thread. Starting to look like the WOW forums in here....

Whining babies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back