Steam Wuakecon Weekend Sale!

Maplehamwich

[H]ard|Gawd
http://store.steampowered.com/sale/quakecon2012

Day 1: "Skyrim" Sale today! 50% off at $29.99
Day 2: "Rage" Sale, 50% off at $9.99 [It is cheaper at Gamefly for $6.49 ]
Day 3: "Fallout" Sale, 66% off of Fallout 3 GOTY and Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition at $6.79 and $10.19 respectively.
Day 4: "Quake/Doom" Sale, 75% off of Quake 4 and Doom 3 at $4.99 each.

-Edit-
Do'h "Wuakecon=Quakecon"

Last edited:
Not me. Going to have to get cheaper than 30 bucks, and I loved Morrowind/Oblivion. Newblivion with better graphics new locales and more loot needs to be <10 bucks or no sale. I haven't once felt interested in playing it yet, but I could get excited for the right price. 30 bucks is not the right price.

Hoping for $20 this Christmas, when I'll actually have time to, you know, play the game ;)

Only 25% off Quake titles during QuakeCon? That seems insulting.

I paid around $30 for Skyrim and don't regret it one bit. Honestly with the play time I got out of it it's worth $50.

I like the Origin color scheme they use for the Quakecon ad. :D I hope they put the Heretic and Hexen pack on sale because I have been having the strangest urge to play those games again.

Skyrim is worth $30. With all of the mods free? All day.

Also, get tribes. Best fps going imo. Graphics are not the greatest but the gameplay sure is.

Not me. Going to have to get cheaper than 30 bucks, and I loved Morrowind/Oblivion. Newblivion with better graphics new locales and more loot needs to be <10 bucks or no sale. I haven't once felt interested in playing it yet, but I could get excited for the right price. 30 bucks is not the right price.

wow you're missing out I played Skyrim from Release day till just last month before I finally got the gumption to try some other games. I love Morrowind and like Oblivion but this one was by far the best experience with/without mods and the mods are the icing for sure.

its more than worth the $30 because there just so much content even without the buttload of mods available.

wow you're missing out I played Skyrim from Release day till just last month before I finally got the gumption to try some other games. I love Morrowind and like Oblivion but this one was by far the best experience with/without mods and the mods are the icing for sure.

its more than worth the $30 because there just so much content even without the buttload of mods available.

Upgraded Oblivion isn't worth 30 bucks to me, I don't care how many mods it has. If it had coop multi, sure. But not another expansive single player Bethesda RPG. I've just played too many similar ones to get excited about a new one with a high price.

I've just played too many similar ones to get excited about a new one with a high price.

That's really the kicker - after Oblivion, Fallout 3, Fallout: NV ... no hurry to jump into this. Even if Skyrim is the best yet, it is still to an extent more of the same.

Also can't help but feel the series has suffered some consolitis/watering down for a mass audience since Morrowind. Daggerfall made me an Elder Scrolls fan but since Oblivion it's been less of an "essential" series for me.

Just bought skyrim yesterday, anyone know how good steam is with price adjustments? have over 200 titles, so heres hoping.

Skyrim is well worth $30, just for the time you can put into it... I grabbed it when ti was $40, still worth it..

Upgraded Oblivion isn't worth 30 bucks to me, I don't care how many mods it has. If it had coop multi, sure. But not another expansive single player Bethesda RPG. I've just played too many similar ones to get excited about a new one with a high price.

You, sir, are completely missing the point. It's about the story and the exploration.

And it's not an upgraded Oblivion. Oblivion sucked more cock that Deputy Doofy's Vaccuum cleaner. It's in another league than Oblivion.

Heck I wouldn't even call it an upgrade to Oblivion. I think they simplified too many features making the game far too casual and allows the player to see the limits of the world much quicker and easily than if you actually had to work hard at the game mechanics to take full advantage of them. I don't get why character creation had to be dumbed down and item degradation totally removed. To me the item degradation really added a feeling of survival to the game since you knew that how poorly you fought would negatively effect the life and effectiveness of your armor and weapon. I also just liked the tone of the writing for Oblivion much better. It wasn't too serious and had some hilarious and just crazy quests which Skyrim doesn't even seem to get close to. I'm sure there are mods that can bring it back to the level of Oblivion but still I feel the base game is quite shallow compared to its predecessors.

Heck I wouldn't even call it an upgrade to Oblivion. I think they simplified too many features making the game far too casual and allows the player to see the limits of the world much quicker and easily than if you actually had to work hard at the game mechanics to take full advantage of them. I don't get why character creation had to be dumbed down and item degradation totally removed. To me the item degradation really added a feeling of survival to the game since you knew that how poorly you fought would negatively effect the life and effectiveness of your armor and weapon. I also just liked the tone of the writing for Oblivion much better. It wasn't too serious and had some hilarious and just crazy quests which Skyrim doesn't even seem to get close to. I'm sure there are mods that can bring it back to the level of Oblivion but still I feel the base game is quite shallow compared to its predecessors.

These are details that I've already heard repeated verbatim from my wife as she played through the game at release (she made me pre-order it for her), but they miss the point: upgraded Oblivion, downgraded Oblivion, similar Oblivion, the point is, it's Oblivion again, and I'm not paying more than 10 bucks for another Oblivion clone RPG adventure, regardless of how much fanboy rage I have to read to the contrary.

I've played through both Oblivion and Skyrim (100+ hours each) and TBH they are essentially the exact same game.

I've played through both Oblivion and Skyrim (100+ hours each) and TBH they are essentially the exact same game.

I had to push myself to finish Oblivion, it just had a shitty ass story and nothing was really compelling. Skyrim was interesting and I felt like I had to know what was going on next and I enjoyed doing the quests.

I guess you have to enjoy storybased Action RPGs.

Yeah I guess I can see that about the story. I was thinking from a gameplay perspective.

Skyrim just feels like New Vegas set in the middle ages.

I get a ton of playing time out of those games, and 30 bucks is exactly the price point I wait for.

If I get 100 plus hours of gameplay out of a game, and I have from oblivion, skyrim, and fallout 3 and NV, I am happy to pay 30 bux.

Skyrim is a much better more enjoyable game for me than Oblivion was, and I put a ton of hours into Oblivion.

it is because the game + addon expansion comming soon will be like a full price game.

Why all the bitching about skyrim? Damn. It allows for mods ffs. The story is way improved over oblivion which I never finished or even cared to. This one is fun. You can play as Conan and with the ultimate warrior as a Dragon! oooohh YEAH!

It is just plain fun for me and looks fantastic with the mods.

I just reinstalled Quake 4 a couple of weeks ago with the latest patch. It looks great in widescreen. Is there any way to register it with Steam?

posted on quakecon.org

Thursday: The Elder Scrolls Sale, with up to 66% off
Friday: Rage 50% off
Saturday: All Fallout titles, including DLC, are 66% off
Sunday: All id games are 75% off

oblivion was crap , all the frat boys were all wow look @ the bloom and shinny!!!
2 voice actors. Oblivion gates x.x god.
I enjoyed skyrim compared to oblivion and loved it even more after it was patched :p

I don't know about mods, but I was able to get into Skyrim much easier than Oblivion. I got so bored of Oblivion after a couple of hours, but Skyrim kept me going for nearly 150 hours.

What really sucks about Skyrim is the GUI. Though I hear and saw a mod that makes it so much better. Never actually tried it though.

I really, really want Skyrim. (Notice I did not say need.) However, I already know I will not play it much for a while since I do not have the time. I bought Max Payne 3 early last month and I have only gotten a little way into that.

Both Batman games also sit unfinished even though I enjoy them both. (Just no time.) I figure later but I still have 4 hours to decide.:confused:

Back