Steam Winter Sale is LIVE!

I already own crysis otherwise I'd pick it up. It's a great deal for $14ish. Warhead alone is worth that imo I had so much fun with that game.

I picked up shattered horizon for $5. I really wanted to try it but never wanted to waste $20 but for $5 I couldn't pass it up.

SF IV was a fantastic PC port. $10 is a no brained if you don't have it.

Crysis at $13 is a great deal as well.

Sf is ok buy it's meant for the consoles ive never understood the pc. I think I
might pick crysis tonight. If you never like street fighter 2 turbo for snes then I'll say stay away.

Ooh Crysis is so tempting. Might have to pick it up...

Gah I have so many steam games already I need to play though lol

Any point in buying SF4 with Super SF4 on the horizon?

lol, this is the same reason why I passed on l4d since l4d2 is out and probably everyone is just playing that. Killing Floor has been real fun for me so I am happy.

Crysis bought!! Sweet timing especially with the Mech mod just released.

I'll have to check that out, thanks (maybe a link would be nice :D)

Man these deals were horrendous until they changed them, now they rock. I'm in for a steam copy of Crysis and SFIV. I have some left over microsoft points too so I can get the alternate costume pack woohoo!

I wish the Medieval II: Total War Kingdoms pack was also on sale, I would buy them both.

Hope this means more competition for SF4 PC! I actually prefer it to the PS3 version; seems I get better connections with people.

Man these deals were horrendous until they changed them, now they rock. I'm in for a steam copy of Crysis and SFIV. I have some left over microsoft points too so I can get the alternate costume pack woohoo!

Lol, yeah no kidding. Crysis, SFIV are sweet deals. Shattered Horizon too if you're willing to give it a try.

Advantages of 64-bit version? I mean is it worth fretting over at this price?

+1

Google search is a mish mash on the subject for me.
(For the record, I have the retail Crysis, but no copy whatsoever of Warhead.)

Searching for comparisons of Crysis 32 vs 64 come up one of two ways - a bunch of sites saying there's no difference, and others saying 64bit yields better FPS. Everything I've found thus far has been based off the demo, not the final release....so I'm completely dumbfounded as to whether or not there's any reason to not buy the Steam one because it doesn't have the 64bit exe.

They have new deals every day...that's the whole point

+1

Google search is a mish mash on the subject for me.
(For the record, I have the retail Crysis, but no copy whatsoever of Warhead.)

Searching for comparisons of Crysis 32 vs 64 come up one of two ways - a bunch of sites saying there's no difference, and others saying 64bit yields better FPS. Everything I've found thus far has been based off the demo, not the final release....so I'm completely dumbfounded as to whether or not there's any reason to not buy the Steam one because it doesn't have the 64bit exe.
I can tell zero difference in framerate between the 64 and 32 bit. in the built in benchmark 64 bit is actually slower.

Sonofabitch! I figured the Max Payne bundle deal was length of the sale, since it didn't show up on daily deals :[ Now it's back to $15!

Advantages of 64-bit version? I mean is it worth fretting over at this price?
There's no practical advantage. It's not worth fretting over at this price. But if you already own it retail, there's no point in getting it on Steam unless you just want it on Steam. I don't know if they include the editor, either.

I think I might buy Shattered Horizon just because it's a DX10 only release.

Grabbed the Darwinia pack + Medieval TW $7.98 FTW

Freaking got HL: Source few days ago for $7.50, meh... always wanted to replay original HL. That was about the last thing I expected to go on this sale.... Never thought I'd bitch about wasting $5 on a game lol, but some of these sales are insane.

Yeah Shattered Horizon looks pretty fun from the few vids they have on the Steam page for it. Looks a lot like Starsiege:Tribes in outer space. (the free roaming/rocket boosting aspect I mean)

Silent Running looks like a helluva lot of fun to use :eek:

Picked up the Crysis pack, Shattered Horizon, and HL:S.
I hope at some point some info is put out about how much they raked in on these sales...I know I've spent around $100 total now (if not a little more) and that's more than I've spent on games in probably 6 months.

Last edited:
Grabbed the Darwinia pack + Medieval TW $7.98 FTW

Freaking got HL: Source few days ago for $7.50, meh... always wanted to replay original HL. That was about the last thing I expected to go on this sale.... Never thought I'd bitch about wasting $5 on a game lol, but some of these sales are insane.

I can't wait until black mesa source comes out :D

I can tell zero difference in framerate between the 64 and 32 bit. in the built in benchmark 64 bit is actually slower.

mope54 said:
There's no practical advantage. It's not worth fretting over at this price.

Thanks guys, I just bought it. I found a few people saying that the 64-bit version had slightly better draw distance or ran a bit smoother, but as was mentioned most of those claims were based off of the demo and most of the discussions are at least a couple of years old.

Hey, look what I found on another site (a bit old, lol):

crysiscomp.jpg

I know it's not Crysis but it's cool that Far Cry had that dramatic of a difference. Just thought it was neat that it came from here, but them hotlinking to the pic isn't cool.

Has the Unreal Deal Pack ever been cheaper than $13.59 during this sale? I only want Unreal Tournament 3 out of the pack. Is that game alone worth the money?

I actually miss shooting bots!

Shattered Horizons is an amazing game, the only problem with it is a lack of players. Hopefully this sale brings in an influx of new players to enjoy Barf Bag: The Game.

Thanks guys, I just bought it.

I know it's not Crysis but it's cool that Far Cry had that dramatic of a difference. Just thought it was neat that it came from here, but them hotlinking to the pic isn't cool.
Those pictures are bullshit. There shouldn't be any visible difference between 32 and 64 bit versions of a game.

Make sure you grab Mech Warriors: Living Legends :)
There is also a hi res texture pack for both Crysis and Warhead (each about 2gb).

Man I want Crysis so bad, but the Steam copy has Securom and a 5 install limit, just like the disk copy.

I'm still kicking myself in the butt for missing Maximum Edition for $10 on clearance at Target. GRRR

I'm going to have to pass on Crysis. :-[

Yeah I think 32-bit looks better as well. Although I don't see why 32-bit vs 64-bit would make any difference in the rendering of certain objects. Those pictures just don't look right to me.

Man I want Crysis so bad, but the Steam copy has Securom and a 5 install limit, just like the disk copy.

Is the install limit really a problem, though? How many times do you really plan on installing the game? I've been gaming for over 20 years and I can think of very few games that I've installed more than 5 times. And I've never heard of a company not granting you additional installs if for some reason you burn through them really quick...also it's possible the install limit could be lifted at some point. I just don't see why this is a big deal. :confused:

I would buy Shattered Horizon but I already have it :p

Those pictures are bullshit. There shouldn't be any visible difference between 32 and 64 bit versions of a game.

The 64bit patch for Far Cry adds better draw distances and better textures and more animals IIRC.

If you install Crysis through Steam, back it up and reinstall from the backup is this considered one install or two. If it's only considered one install I cant see it being a problem either.

Is the install limit really a problem, though? How many times do you really plan on installing the game? I've been gaming for over 20 years and I can think of very few games that I've installed more than 5 times. And I've never heard of a company not granting you additional installs if for some reason you burn through them really quick...also it's possible the install limit could be lifted at some point. I just don't see why this is a big deal. :confused:

For most games I agree to an extent, but crysis is one of the best games to see on new hardware.

Back