Steam weekend deal: Sid Meier's Civilization IV

OHHHH damn you STEAM, damn you damn you damn you. I have firmly resisted your insidious tentacles invading my PC for years and you have found the perfect bait. I am lost, so lost.

It's not fair that these deals go up on Mothers Day weekend
Picking mom up today, busy weekend
argh
never played civ either
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

I think it is because they didn't have a mid-week madness deal this week.
Could be. Steam seems to have random deals, sometime last for just hours and sometimes for weeks.

I honestly can't find anywhere where it says weekend deal, and I went back and checked 3 times.
I was referring to the title of this thread. But I also saw that screen shot CompuDrew posted.

I only got the $5 version but I'm thinking I should've splurged the extra $5 and get the 3 EPs. Oh well.

SlickDeals (finally) posted this deal on their FP.

As a new player to Civilization, would you play the original or do you just install all the expansions and play?

As a new player to Civilization, would you play the original or do you just install all the expansions and play?
I personally would start off with the original vanilla version first. You're going to spend the first couple of games learning the game anyways. The expansion packs adds new leaders, units, buildings, wonders, great general, scenarios etc. So it builds upon the original version and might necessitate some small changes in strategy.

My favorite is still Alpha-Centauri. Civ4 is cool too though, ate many of my hours...:rolleyes:

The philosophy, integration and superlative voice/video work set Alpha-Centauri as a supreme achievement in turn based gaming. Civ. IV comes in second place and still consumes significant amounts of my time.
Play a little with Civ IV (patch to latest), then move to Beyond the Sword (patch to 3.19), then move to mod. packs.

When I logged into my Steam acct. (still downloading Civ. 4), I saw their banner ad selling Civ. 5 for $50 as a pre-order (same as Amazon's price).

Another $10 slips from my pocket to steams... Had Civ 1-3, and CivNET. Nice to pick up 4 with all the add on s.

Been playing through this morning.
Damn addicting, but still lost as to how/when to do some things. Too busy expanding.

If I get bored/stuck w/ GTA VC, then I'll install Civ. 4, which finished downloading on my Steam acct.

Been playing through this morning.
Damn addicting, but still lost as to how/when to do some things. Too busy expanding.

Don't expand too much - unlike earlier versions, civ 4 doesn't really reward early expansion.

The entire civilization series has shaved off years of my life - but damn, they sure were good years...

Had to bite for $10

F'n Civ4/Steam, just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in.

I didn't get around to even installing this. Damn GTA - VC took up all my gaming time over the weekend. :eek:

Back