Steam version of Final Fantasy VII

I don't really think they could or would change the game enough to ruin it, but those illustrations do show the different focuses of Square/Enix from then and now. #7 reminded me a bit of Blade Runner.
It started with #8, which at least had a cool atmosphere and completely sunk from X on. It's like Demolition Man mating with Sailor Moon.

X was cool as shit the only thing that wasnt cool was the lame ass manboy main character

and then they made 12 and it was like this is cooll kind of but really i just wanted turn based combat.

X was cool as shit the only thing that wasnt cool was the lame ass manboy main character

and then they made 12 and it was like this is cooll kind of but really i just wanted turn based combat.

Tidus got better. If they had picked a good VA it would have gone a long way towards making him more tolerable.

I liked 12's story but yeah I didn't like the gameplay either.

Tidus got better. If they had picked a good VA it would have gone a long way towards making him more tolerable.

I liked 12's story but yeah I didn't like the gameplay either.

The voice actors in western versions of things tend to be terrible unless they are a Lulu/Spike Spiegel esque (low slightly "gloomy" voice) character...

XII was the best of the PS2 ones IMO... I liked how you could run from one end of the world to the other. The enviroments were very FF, had waay more personality and you could run around towns and felt more like you could explore stuff. X just had single/few screen towns which made them feel kind of...2d. The battle system was fine, and kind of required more future planning.

The voice actors in western versions of things tend to be terrible unless they are a Lulu/Spike Spiegel esque (low slightly "gloomy" voice) character...

XII was the best of the PS2 ones IMO... I liked how you could run from one end of the world to the other. The enviroments were very FF, had waay more personality and you could run around towns and felt more like you could explore stuff. X just had single/few screen towns which made them feel kind of...2d. The battle system was fine, and kind of required more future planning.

SE is getting better at casting VAs. Most of the main cast of FFXIII was pretty good (Vanille aside).

They did a great job making the world look amazing in FFXII, it's easily one of the best looking PS2 games out there. I just don't really enjoy MMO-style battle systems that much. I get bored and look for ways to break the game and holy crap did the Gambit system make it easy to break.

There was no character development in 12

i invested a bunch of time and wouldnt have cared at all if all my friends in the game got stabbed in the face

SE is getting better at casting VAs. Most of the main cast of FFXIII was pretty good (Vanille aside).

They did a great job making the world look amazing in FFXII, it's easily one of the best looking PS2 games out there. I just don't really enjoy MMO-style battle systems that much. I get bored and look for ways to break the game and holy crap did the Gambit system make it easy to break.

agreed

From the most recent SQUARE ENIX Members newsletter
In celebration of the FINAL FANTASY franchise's 25th anniversary, Square Enix is offering Members exclusive access to this classic at a promotional price of $9.99.

If anyone wants to buy it for $9.99, I recommend signing up for the free membership before it's released.

I picked up a ton of Japanese in my downtime at school and from friends JUST for that reason alone. I was heavily into Final Fantasy since the earlier ones, and couldn't get into the English they were speaking at all, I always enjoyed the Japanese voices so much more, they had all the right emphasis when talking and the emotion felt more raw.

From the most recent SQUARE ENIX Members newsletter

If anyone wants to buy it for $9.99, I recommend signing up for the free membership before it's released.

I went digging through my trash to find my Squenix newsletter and that wasn't in it. What the hell? Do you have a link?

I went digging through my trash to find my Squenix newsletter and that wasn't in it. What the hell? Do you have a link?

http://uman.square-enix-europe.com/...7&code=SEA-182877&lang=en&page=email&id=EMAIL

FF7PCNews.png

It should be $10 indefinitely, not "promotional pricing". It's more than 10 years old.

Is this out yet? Apparently it's out on the Square Enix store, but the site's giving me an error, I'm assuming therefore that it's not out. :mad:

I'll check that out later after work. I'm curious to see if anyone can actually get it.

How is that this is out and i still cannot find one gameplay screenshot?

Can someone post screens of the game? I want to see if anything was actually updated. What resolutions are supported?

I was actually able to purchase it. I'll do some testing with it tonight & post my own screenshots (even if others have).

Its probably 100% identical to the old PC version just windows 7 compatible with achievements.

I just hope if has windowed mode.

Its probably 100% identical to the old PC version just windows 7 compatible with achievements.

I just hope if has windowed mode.

I'll just be glad to play it on my gaming PC with either my KB&M or wireless 360 controller. :)

Anyone here actually purchased and downloaded the game yet? I read that the Square store is having problems.

are those screen shots from mods or is that was this new downloadable version is? :O

cant wait to play this and ball my eyes out like a bitch and 10yr old again when you know who dies

Looks like a mod, this is a screenshot from the store page:

FFVII_PC_08.png

got it installed. Same graphics with very minor model smoothing.

Funny part is it works with eyefinity....... stretches the image to shit but it sill worked.

It was awesome when I was 15. I know better than to try and go back and play it. Better left in the past...it goes in the same grave as my teenage angst and my linkin park cd.

It appears that each battle only runs at 15 fps? I thought that was a bit odd.

I can't believe that they had to gall to release this with almost no updates to the graphics. What a cash grab.

I can't believe that they had to gall to release this with almost no updates to the graphics. What a cash grab.

You're right. It does look kind of disappointing, since the PC version has already been out really...

there are some updates to the character models......but they are so minor that they mine as well of done nothing at all.

I still bought it. I'll buy any and all FF7 releases to show my support (as long as its not a remake FFXIII style). Hopefully my 10 bucks will help them realize that FFXIII was complete shit and they need to get back to what makes Final Fantasy great.

Put 30 minute into it last night. Most of the achievements are pretty retarded. I mean they don't even have an achievement for going to Turtle's Paradise which makes going to Turtle's Paradise just that much more disappointing.

also I'm very confused on the pump up ability using that would give you like 80% of all achievements and pretty much kill most of the reason for playing it.

Back