Steam - Ubisoft Weekend Sale

Vicinity

2[H]4U
Sort of [H]ot, Steam's having an Ubisoft sale this weekend.

Thursday - Ghost Recon Complete (no Future Soldier) $7.49
Friday - 50% off Rayman Origins ($14.99), From Dust ($7.49), Shoot Many Robots (4.99)
Saturday - Assassin's Creed Complete ($44.99)
Sunday - Anno 2070 50% off ($24.99)

Last edited:
Will likely snag Assassin's Creed Revelations and DLC bundle if there is a decent price cut on it this week. Here's hoping for 75% off for the bundle!

Will likely snag Assassin's Creed Revelations and DLC bundle if there is a decent price cut on it this week. Here's hoping for 75% off for the bundle!

That's what I'm waiting for. That and Driver San Francisco.

This form of DRM is accepted.. See Diablo 3.

so it seems now apparently...

Always on DRM is now accepted by the masses... Guess ubisoft was forward thinking, not out to screw paying customers...

/shrug & sigh

Looking to get in on some AC and PoP action too. My wishlist is ready ;).

Always on DRM is now accepted by the masses... Guess ubisoft was forward thinking, not out to screw paying customers...

/shrug & sigh

I wouldn't say accepted. I'd say 'dealt with'.

Hoping for a nice sale on Anno 2070 myself.

Kiss your free time goodbye. I was trying to finish AC Brotherhod before I started Revelations and then Anno went on sale in March. 108hrs later and it took Diablo 3 to pull me away. :p (buy the dlc if you get it)

Kiss your free time goodbye. I was trying to finish AC Brotherhod before I started Revelations and then Anno went on sale in March. 108hrs later and it took Diablo 3 to pull me away. :p (buy the dlc if you get it)
That good huh? Would you recommend it to someone who loves Tropico?

Anno 1404 and 2070 are some of the finest build/trade strategy games ever made. They're definitely recommended to fans of Tropico, Simcity, Caesar, Pharaoh, etc. Unique, awesome games. Full multiplayer coop, easily the best coop available to builder/strategy fans.

Rayman Origins has no DRM and is a really good game.

Anoo 2070 is also a really great game and addictive.

Deals kind of stink today. From Dust was quite enjoyable, but I paid $5 at Christmas, and it's only say 8 hours long.

Future soldier isn't out yet, so it IS complete. ;)

Could be included and still be incomplete b/c the games suck donkey balls.

Hoping for asscreed discount. Despite the issues, I have enjoyed the series here and there.

Could be included and still be incomplete b/c the games suck donkey balls.

Hoping for asscreed discount. Despite the issues, I have enjoyed the series here and there.

I never said they were enjoyable, I'm just saying you get the full experience. ;)

I played the demo of Rayman Origins on steam and liked it enough to pick it up for the sale! thanks!

I'm not going to read that. It's simple. The way Diablo 3 is designed, whether you like it or not, requires you to be connected. I think the main reason is the auction house. Otherwise it wouldn't work.

It's not the same as a truly single player experience that requires an always on connection. That I could understand.

Rayman sale price is good for another 12 hours btw (so it's good until mid-day Saturday CST I think).

/shrug & sigh

Ubisoft had thrown in the whole "you can only activate this 2-3 time before we consider if your justified to do it after that............" and all of the past DRM.

Why does every PC game sale now turn into a DRM pissing match? We are all well aware of its existence in the majority of games.

Picked up From Dust. Don't even know what it is, but I've stared at the screen shots since it first came out and considered it. The look reminds me of Black and White.

Mandatory DRM comment.

I've never played Assassins Creed before but I'd like to try it out, should I just get the base ACR or is gold edition or complete worth it?

How are the controls? I have an Xbox controller but I prefer aiming with a mouse.

I've never played Assassins Creed before but I'd like to try it out, should I just get the base ACR or is gold edition or complete worth it?

How are the controls? I have an Xbox controller but I prefer aiming with a mouse.

AC1 is easily the worst of the bunch. It gets insanely repetitive. If you're the type to care about story start with 2 and go from there. 2 does a good job of explaining AC1.

Controls with a keyboard and mouse are as good as you can expect with this type of game. It is clearly meant for a controller, but keyboard and mouse is workable. Buttons can be reassigned so you can customize it to your liking however the game doesn't give you key prompts so much as prompts like "press hand to grab" so you will have to memorize what is on what button quickly.

$20 for AC Rev? Meh. Too much for it's shitty DRM. If it was 75% off I might have considered it.

AC1 is easily the worst of the bunch. It gets insanely repetitive. If you're the type to care about story start with 2 and go from there. 2 does a good job of explaining AC1.

Controls with a keyboard and mouse are as good as you can expect with this type of game. It is clearly meant for a controller, but keyboard and mouse is workable. Buttons can be reassigned so you can customize it to your liking however the game doesn't give you key prompts so much as prompts like "press hand to grab" so you will have to memorize what is on what button quickly.

$20 for AC Rev? Meh. Too much for it's shitty DRM. If it was 75% off I might have considered it.

x2 on AC1 sucking. I have it for 360 and I couldn't get into it at all. Will pick up AC2 and ACB though.

Is it really that bad? I have it, I just haven't had time to go through it yet. Running through Fallout 3 + New Vegas again and the game is pretty far behind another run through Skyrim and Borderlands. Maybe they will fix it by the time I get around to it...after I am done with a Borderlands 2 run through. lol

Back