Steam Summer Sale leaked? 2015 edition.

Debating the Metro Redux package for $10. I have played the original versions of those games before.

Dammit Q-BZ. Wolfenstein is capped at 60FPS, and I've got a 144hz monitor. You're gonna have to redeem yourself for this one. There is no excuse for this console foolishness.

I hate waiting for the Steam sale I rather sell a kidney to someone who needs one.

It works and looks glorious, but speeds the game up bigtime, like playing in fast forward. Sigh...wtf man? There is no excuse for this bullshit. I'll be making use of that new refund feature on steam.

It's up to you but really...those are two awesome games and I hate to see you miss out just over that issue.

Did anyone in the user comments figure out a fix?

http://steamcommunity.com/app/201810/discussions/0/558756256592922657/

http://www.deadendthrills.com/forum/discussion/210/wolfenstein-the-new-order-config-tweaks

Seems to be an inherent issue with the Id Tech 5 Engine itself. Might be something useful in these threads for you.

Last edited:
Thanks man, no luck there. I can tell there is an awesome game there, but after gaming @144hz I just can't go back.

Focused on the important thing.

KUWxDg9.jpg

does playing that mini-game get you anything good, like extra discounts or is it just more of those stupid trading cards?

You get a couple of trading cards/day and there's a profile badge that levels up with your max level.

But the game plays itself if you just start it. Sure, you might want to check in and spend the money on upgrades but it's literally progress quest + cookie clicker.

Why would you want to replay it? It's plenty long and as far as I know there's no choices to be made.

It's up to you but really...those are two awesome games and I hate to see you miss out just over that issue.

Did anyone in the user comments figure out a fix?

http://steamcommunity.com/app/201810/discussions/0/558756256592922657/

http://www.deadendthrills.com/forum/discussion/210/wolfenstein-the-new-order-config-tweaks

Seems to be an inherent issue with the Id Tech 5 Engine itself. Might be something useful in these threads for you.

I have a similar complaint regarding the game. Really, it's with Id Tech 5. This has to be the worst game engine in existence. 60 FPS cap sucks on a 144hz display, but I guess it doesn't really matter. I can't hit 60 fps anyway, thanks to this engine also not supporting SLI. Also, the texture pop in is horrible. Every time I move there are things fading into view. It really hurts what I sense will otherwise be a great experience. I'm going to suffer through it for all the good i've heard about these games, but it's a damn shame that crap like this exists.

Seriously, why does Beth anchor themselves with dog shit game engines. If this is the worst game engine, Gambyro is easily a close second, which is their only two engines. They need to drop them both and try again.

Debating the Metro Redux package for $10. I have played the original versions of those games before.

I've never played either of the Metro games...I'm considering this. If you could describe how they play in terms of other games, how would you do that? Specifically, how heavy is the story in terms of narrative vs having to find it yourself, how linear is it vs being able to explore and "choose your own path" etc?

Have only picked up Legend of Grimrock 2 so far, discounting on both indie and AAA titles has so far been pretty underwhelming IMHO.

Have only picked up Legend of Grimrock 2 so far, discounting on both indie and AAA titles has so far been pretty underwhelming IMHO.

Yeah.... At this point I'll be happy if I can just get the Skyrim DLC, Dark Souls 2 (vanilla due to my oldish rig), and Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion.

Like any steam sale. suckers buy everyday, smart folk wait till the last day. :)

I've never played either of the Metro games...I'm considering this. If you could describe how they play in terms of other games, how would you do that? Specifically, how heavy is the story in terms of narrative vs having to find it yourself, how linear is it vs being able to explore and "choose your own path" etc?

They are linear games with the only branching in narrative being the endings which are affected by a series of relatively minor actions you do throughout the game (eg. steal or not, kill or not doing certain sequences).

Honestly its like CoD single player but with a much more deliberate pace and stealth aspects as opposed to being basically purely action (although Metro Last Light supposedly has a mode to make it very action oriented, dunno I don't play that style). Sprinkle in a bit of survival item management and hub areas.

They're good atmosphere, graphics and an interesting (not western based) background. Otherwise nothing significantly stands out good or bad.

They are linear games with the only branching in narrative being the endings which are affected by a series of relatively minor actions you do throughout the game (eg. steal or not, kill or not doing certain sequences).

Honestly its like CoD single player but with a much more deliberate pace and stealth aspects as opposed to being basically purely action (although Metro Last Light supposedly has a mode to make it very action oriented, dunno I don't play that style). Sprinkle in a bit of survival item management and hub areas.

They're good atmosphere, graphics and an interesting (not western based) background. Otherwise nothing significantly stands out good or bad.

Personally I think the gunplay in 2033 (have yet to play Last Light) feels better than any COD I've played.

Borderlands 2 is the last best FPS I played good luck trying to find games online in Co-op now though. Level cap is what separated everything.

Like any steam sale. suckers buy everyday, smart folk wait till the last day. :)

Wut.

The way to do Steam sale is only buy anything when its a flash sale. If it doesn't show up as a flash sale, then wait for the last day. Buying daily is how the game is done my friend. Waiting until the last day means you miss out on flash deals, b/c not everything goes up on the last day.

Got myself Old blood (50% off) and Age of Myth (75% off) yesterday.

Still waiting on FF13-2.

Ori and the Blind Forest is enjoyable.

Going to grab Lego Marvels for my nephews bday present for $5 :)

I have purchased Legend of Grimrock 2 and Defense Grid 2 so far. $10 or there abouts.

This year I haven't see much I liked (that I didn't already own)... I usually only buy games if they are ~ $5 as I already have a huge backlog of games.

If I never played borderlands is BL 2 worth 9.99?

Absolutely without a doubt. It may just get you hooked, and then you'll want to go back and play the original too. The original still holds up great today. The General Knox and Dr. Ned DLCs for the original are still some of my favorite recent shooter levels.

BL2 is great too. You'll want the Scarlett and Dragon Keep DLCs at the minimum. The Torgue campaign is ok, but hardly necessary in my opinion.

I'm still playing both BL and BL2 to this day with my kids.

Wut.

The way to do Steam sale is only buy anything when its a flash sale. If it doesn't show up as a flash sale, then wait for the last day. Buying daily is how the game is done my friend. Waiting until the last day means you miss out on flash deals, b/c not everything goes up on the last day.

This. I actually missed out on the complete Metro Redux for $13 because I thought it would stay that low. Now it's twice that. (probably still worth it, but I really wish I bought it on day one...)

I just picked up half of my wishlist today for $25 though, so not too bad. :D I've been meaning to try out Remember Me for some time now, and it has never really dropped too low in price at least that I've noticed. Picked it up for $5 today. :cool:

Absolutely without a doubt. It may just get you hooked, and then you'll want to go back and play the original too. The original still holds up great today. The General Knox and Dr. Ned DLCs for the original are still some of my favorite recent shooter levels.

BL2 is great too. You'll want the Scarlett and Dragon Keep DLCs at the minimum. The Torgue campaign is ok, but hardly necessary in my opinion.

This. All of this. BL2 was the gateway drug that got me into BL1, which I ended up liking even more.

I blew right through Old Blood. The game did not dissapoint. :) Now on to New Order.

I blew right through Old Blood. The game did not dissapoint. :) Now on to New Order.

I'm probably halfway through New Order, and i gotta say i like it a lot better than Old Blood. Just a freaking phenomenal game. Don't let your kids or significant other walk in the room when there is some adult shit going on, you'll have some explaining to do :D. New Order is probably the best shooter i played in a long time.

I looked up reviews of Shadowrun Dragonfall Directors Cut and it comes highly recommended but it doesn't sound like it has have any world exploration and you just go on missions. What say you?

Steam has it as a daily deal but it has been this same price ever since the summer sale started.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/300550/

I looked up reviews of Shadowrun Dragonfall Directors Cut and it comes highly recommended but it doesn't sound like it has have any world exploration and you just go on missions. What say you?

Steam has it as a daily deal but it has been this same price ever since the summer sale started.

I didn't play this one, only a bit of Shadownrun Returns (and should really pick it up again as I didn't make it very far for whatever reason.) There's definitely some RPGing and a little exploration, but not Fallout/Wasteland style exploration. At least in Returns, you're in the Seattle area, trying to track down someone that killed your friend. During the time that I played, I hunted around downtown Seattle, went into some night-clubs, did some detective work, got in some fights (the combat is great if you like turn-based which I do...) If the previous console games and the little I played of Returns are any indication, you do end up branching out a bit, and going to some new places. I've heard that Dragonfall is better than Returns too.

Anyway, I know that's not a lot to go on, but there's more to these than just the combat they like to show in the screenshots and videos.

OK, thanks. I think I will buy it because I do like TB combat but what I am really hoping for is Pillars of Eternity to go on sale at 50% off or better. I considered Wastelands2 but too many people say it is a mess of a game so passed on it.

It´s a good story driven RPG with pretty straightforward mechanics. It´s not exploration game at all, you have a home hub and then you go and do things all around the area as the plot unfolds. Honestly, I`ve had more fun with it than I ever had with Pillars (which is still in need of more patches although apparently they´ve already squashed over 1000 bugs). :)

Back