Steam Summer Sale leaked? 2015 edition.

Sweet! Now it's switched over. Almost everything on my wishlist is on sale now, a few are fairly tempting, but still nothing quite cheap enough. I'm seeing a bunch in the $25-35 range.

I think Lizard Squad put up this Steam Sale... click on a link nothing happens....
I have Darkest Dungeon already it's a ok game but I guess it's pretty hard played it for 1 hour or so.

Hah! Yeah, some funny stuff showing while they switch it over. My wish-list now shows GTA5 for 30% off an original price of of $84.97 = $59.89. So... that's $0.10 cheaper than it was a few minutes ago. No thanks :p

That's becasue it comes with a shark card or max payne now... :rolleyes:

Hysterical. Servers getting slammed as usual. Took a dozen or more tries to even log into the web store.

They are still updating the site and GTA5 says 30% off but it's listed at regular price.

503 Errors... I can't believe after all this time Valve isn't better prepared for these.

Serpent of the Stagland is on sale I'll get that game just came out guess it's pretty good.

Banished for $8 is taunting me. Aside from that, not much else for me today. Oh I have an exam tomorrow in linear algebra :confused: Not having fun in summer school.

They jacked up the base price because they're bundling stuff with it that no one asked for. Just in time for this sale, too. Pretty damned sleazy, if you ask me.

https://steamdb.info/app/271590/

GMG has been killing them on a lot of this stuff for weeks. Check Amazon digital as well.

These sales are nice but this isn't the end all, be all. At least not for me.

Mirror's Edge (as just an example) had a regular stream of $4.99 sales for so many years and now a flash sale can't go lower than $9.99?

Mirror's Edge (as just an example) had a regular stream of $4.99 sales for so many years and now a flash sale can't go lower than $9.99?

My guess is that it has to do with the next game being officially unveiled the other day. That'll probably create a renewed interest in the first game. Might as well make what you can off it, eh?

Everything in my wishlist is on sale for a good price today.

What I'm wondering is, with the new refund policy, will they do the usual thing of having a sale price early on that get's beat by another sale price for the same game later in the sale? Seems like that would be silly when their refund policy states that you can refund for the lower price.

I'll jump on a few of my WL items though. The Old Blood is $13 today. Nice! (I'm sure it deserves full price, but it's hard to resist...)

Everything in my wishlist is on sale for a good price today.

What I'm wondering is, with the new refund policy, will they do the usual thing of having a sale price early on that get's beat by another sale price for the same game later in the sale? Seems like that would be silly when their refund policy states that you can refund for the lower price.

I'll jump on a few of my WL items though. The Old Blood is $13 today. Nice! (I'm sure it deserves full price, but it's hard to resist...)

I'm sure nothing is changed. What's the point of daily deals and flash sales if everything is at its maximum discount from the get-go?

I'm sure nothing is changed. What's the point of daily deals and flash sales if everything is at its maximum discount from the get-go?

Right, but what's the point of lowering it again, when people can just refund and take that price?

(except maybe counting on the fact that some will be too lazy to do this) I'd fall into this category. Once I've bought something, I wouldn't refund it to get another price. Still though...

also in for the Metro Redux bundle at $9.99...if Shadow of Mordor and Evil Within go on sale for cheap during the sale I'm in as well

Yeah, the Metro bundle is on my list too. Will definitely grab The Old Blood, and the rest I will wait and see for a few days.

You guys may want to sit down for this...

Unexpectedly, the Internet is raging about video games. I know, I know, unbelievable, right? Apparently, Rockstar committed the blasphemous crime of not slashing 75% off of GTAV. Why, they didn't even discount it 50%!

I for one am shocked that Cockstar (get it, cock?) hasn't reduced the price of a game that has been selling like cocaine-infused hotcakes for the past few months. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to post angry image macros on Reddit and rage incoherently on the Steam forums.

On a serious note, the Metro 2033 Redux is definitely a good buy. However, if you have an I7 you'll probably run into stuttering, unpark your cores to fix it.

My guess is that it has to do with the next game being officially unveiled the other day. That'll probably create a renewed interest in the first game. Might as well make what you can off it, eh?

Actually that's the best time for a hot sale. It's the publishers all aboard roundup call to get everyone in on the series train right before a sequel. That's when I find the best deals. Even the more rare DLC sales get action.

will definitely be picking up Scholar of the First Sin and MGS: Ground Zeroes during this sale

Right, but what's the point of lowering it again, when people can just refund and take that price?

(except maybe counting on the fact that some will be too lazy to do this) I'd fall into this category. Once I've bought something, I wouldn't refund it to get another price. Still though...

Or the fact that some people will buy the game and play it a ton right away and have too many hours played.

You guys may want to sit down for this...

Unexpectedly, the Internet is raging about video games. I know, I know, unbelievable, right? Apparently, Rockstar committed the blasphemous crime of not slashing 75% off of GTAV. Why, they didn't even discount it 50%!

I for one am shocked that Cockstar (get it, cock?) hasn't reduced the price of a game that has been selling like cocaine-infused hotcakes for the past few months. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to post angry image macros on Reddit and rage incoherently on the Steam forums.

On a serious note, the Metro 2033 Redux is definitely a good buy. However, if you have an I7 you'll probably run into stuttering, unpark your cores to fix it.

I think you missed the reason for the complaints.

They bundled the game so you can't buy just GTAV on sale. Also some people are saying based off Steam's refund rules because of the way they give you the cash which is redeemed instantly it stops you from being able to request a refund. Also the game isn't even on sale. Only if you buy it with the microtransaction do you get a bundle discount.

Valve must be reading this forum. My comment about Mirrors edge must've triggered them drop the flash sale price down to $4.39 now.

I'm betting on a combination of laziness and people just waiting. I wouldn't want to go through the process of requesting a refund and rebuying. Especially since you have to rebuy as a gift and wait for the refund to go through and then accept your own gift to get it back into your library, at which point your not really saving yourself any time versus just having waited in the first place. Your then also short the cash until both Valve and your bank process your refund, which could end up taking a while. Seems like a whole lot of fuss due to a lack of patience.

I'm sure there will be an unflux of refunds for this reason. I'm sure they expect it and are equipped to handle it. Bottom line is it would still be pointless to offer daily deals, flash sales, etc. if the price isn't actually changing for them. Given that all those things are currently showing timers indicating that price is going to end before the end of the sale, I've got no reason to suspect things will operate any different.

Just realized that DS2 Sins is just a regular deal at $24.99. Perhaps it will be a daily deal for $20 or less.

The million dollar question is whether Ikaruga is going to be on sale, or if dumb fucks are going to vote for something else again.

Back