Steam Summer Sale 2011

Btw for anyone that loves tower defense and missed Sanctum the last time around.... don't miss it this time. I bought the 4-pack and gifted them out and my brother and cousin have played nothing else all weekend. I didn't have time to play it a lot but what I did play shows it well worth the cheap price tag, and it will improve with patches and upgrades. Good game.

Agreed, Sanctum is awesome. I played for a couple of hours Friday and Saturday night with a friend and we had a great time. I'm not sure how much fun it would be solo, though.

Edit: Speaking of tower defense, I'm surprised Defense Grid isn't on sale again. That's pretty awesome too.

I'm starting to hate this game. The saved game function doesn't work and it doesn't seem to autosave properly either. Just played for an hour and 40 minutes and then I died and there were no saves even though I manually saved it 3 times.

Really? I never hard saved it, I always just continued from autosaves and never lost any time/content.

EDIT: Just bought all the JC2 DLC.

Really? I never hard saved it, I always just continued from autosaves and never lost any time/content.

EDIT: Just bought all the JC2 DLC.

I googled the issue and came up with a bunch of hits. It's a known issue that was never patched. I'm completing missions but it doesn't autosave.

Borderlands is not a traditional FPS, it has RPG skill trees and is filled with loot ala Diablo II.

That's why I tried it in the first place. I really do like it. Art style is great, game play is fun. I'm not great at shooters in general, first person specifically. It's a failure of me, not of the game.

That's why I tried it in the first place. I really do like it. Art style is great, game play is fun. I'm not great at shooters in general, first person specifically. It's a failure of me, not of the game.

That's why this game is good. Accuracy isn't really important. :D

I held back on this sale mostly due to low income but I ended up with Need for Speed Hot Pursuit and Assassin's Creed II, I lucked out today since I missed it earlier this week. Not bad for only $19.79 spent.

Did a search and didn't see this posted.

Heads up. DOW II Retribution is $7.49 for PC Download on Amazon, the key can be used for activation on Steam
(Select PC Download, then select standard edition)

http://www.amazon.com/Warhammer-40K...Y6VA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1310330449&sr=8-1

Aint that a kick in the nuts. Probably one of the worst things about these sales is that literally within a week of buying something you almost always see it a lot cheaper.

But at least it's on another distribution network and not a game on Steam doubling in price just hours after it's lower initial price.....*cough* Terraria *cough*

I bought Retribution earlier, it's a lot better than I thought it would be. The last stand multiplayer mode is pretty fun if you get some tolerable teammates.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Well I bought the GTA4 complete bundle a few days ago, retard me thought at most it might be 50% off if it pops up. But whatever, I'm sure everyone has a steam bitch and moan story about how what they just bought went on a super sale a week/day later. Overall spent $16 more than I could have, but whatever, no sense crying over spilt milk.

How does the GTA 4 pack compare to Vice City and San Andreas? TIA.

It's GTA4, what's there to say. Next generation of graphics for the franchise. There are some things that are different between the two. Overall, I'd say go for it if you liked the GTA3 series, it's worth it for $10.

It's GTA4, what's there to say. Next generation of graphics for the franchise. There are some things that are different between the two. Overall, I'd say go for it if you liked the GTA3 series, it's worth it for $10.
Yeah, I was thinking about the game play itself vs. VC and SA. I figure the graphics will be much better - maybe too much for my 8800 GT to handle, but I'm due for a new computer/build later this year, and it may not be a bad idea to have this game's license in my account.

Just picked up the Borderlands GOTY ed for $7.50

Cant beat that price, get the full game and all 4 DLC's!

Damn, I really wanted to buy BC2 Vietnam but steam won't let me since I bought the original through EA. All I need is the key to unlock the content, so I don't see what the problem would be.

Final Damage wasn't bad for me: I only spent $24.99 total.

Hydrophobia: Prophecy $3.00 (mid-week sale at the beginning, not the official sale)
Killing Floor $4.99 (Gifted)
Mass Effect 2 $6.80 (Gifted)
Dragon Age Origins - Ultimate Edition $10.20

I wanted to get Dead Space 2, but I waited too long thinking about it. I can wait until the Holiday Sale though.

Damn, I really wanted to buy BC2 Vietnam but steam won't let me since I bought the original through EA. All I need is the key to unlock the content, so I don't see what the problem would be.

Yes, I'm having the same problem.

Pretty lame that they just re-capped sales today...was hoping for some good surprise deals that we didn't see coming...

Anyhow, picked up Borderlands DLC Pack, Eufloria, The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom, Solar 2 and Aquaria today.

I wonder how many people exceeded their AT&T/Comcast bandwidth limits due to the Steam summer sale. :eek:

I wonder how many people exceeded their AT&T/Comcast bandwidth limits due to the Steam summer sale. :eek:

I was doing pretty good hitting my cap each month, this month is gonna be a struggle with all the games I've picked up. Fotrunately, I don't need to download all of them right away...:p

I was doing pretty good hitting my cap each month, this month is gonna be a struggle with all the games I've picked up. Fotrunately, I don't need to download all of them right away...:p
Congrats on having the patience to not download all of the games right away!

Lol I finally bought something from the (in)famous steam sales. Picked up Just Cause 2 and Sanctum. Both seem like really cool games. I wanted to get portal but its still a bit too much for me.

Now, if only I could dl them, since the steam servers seem to be hammered, haha.

I spent about $80, was going to pick up DNF but forgot. My picks:

Shift 2
Bejeweled 3
Red Faction: Armageddon
Universe Sandbox (really cool on the triple head)
Shift 2
Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition
Jamestown
Gary's Mod

Ya PHUK the Bandwith caps, AT&T hasnt imposed theres yet and from what others her on the forums are saying you get 2 warnings when you go over the 250 cap and then they charge an additional $10 for every 50 gig over. Oh well i bought about 10 games in the last 3 or 4 days hehe. Time to play them no more downloading.

Pretty lame that they just re-capped sales today...was hoping for some good surprise deals that we didn't see coming...

Anyhow, picked up Borderlands DLC Pack, Eufloria, The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom, Solar 2 and Aquaria today.

They been doing that for the past few sales not sure why you're surprise :confused:

Got nailed for quite a bit today:
Terreria
Sanctum
Borderlands full pack
Just Cause 2 and all dlcs
Neverwinter Nights Platinum
etc etc etc

Does anyone have an extra copy of AaAaAA!!! they can sell me for a couple bucks or trade for braid?

I have one more copy of Magicka on Steam if anyone is interested for $2.50.

PM me or friend add me on Steam at http://steamcommunity.com/id/Fliff

I'll only be on for an hour or two before I sleep so if I don't respond in a while I'm probably sleeping.

Edit: Sold

Last edited:
My damage was moderate. Mostly indie games I had on my wishlist waiting for the sale, with a couple bigger titles.

Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath
Nimbus
NightSky
Hitman: Blood Money
Chime
Terraria
Sanctum
Atom Zombie Smasher
Jamestown
Defense Grid Map Packs
Grand Theft Auto Classics
SpaceChem
Bob Came in Pieces
Dawn of War II: Retribution
Back to the Future: The Game
Bit.Trip.Runner

*crosses fingers* Come on 12 tickets, get me a win in the grand prize give away :D

I find it funny that Terraria is taking up a slot on the recap sale, since it probably was only popular because of the mistake price of $2.50.

It probably wasn't a mistake. Most likely it was a limited sale at that price and then a bump up to $5 once that volume was fulfilled. It is not the first item during this sale to have a price jump after a few hours.

The only other option is more of a conspiracy theory, namely that Valve didn't want it to outsell Portal 2 which was the other popular item on super-sale for the first time that day, so when it was in danger of happening they raised Terraria's price to slow its sales pace and ensure it would stay at #2 and not beat out Portal 2's sales volume (which by all accounts it came close to doing).

Back