Steam Summer Sale 2011

I wish Steam had a mobile version. All that flash and crap just make it impossible to browse on a cell phone. Guess I'll have to wait til I get home tonight.

Oh boy Steam is so messed up right now -- In my client I've got the sales page half in English and half in German lol!

^^^ Same LMAO I thought it was a play on the "camping" theme but I guess not 'cause after a reload, it's all English :D

Tempted to get Test Drive Unlimited 2, Medal of Honor and maybe The Witcher 2. I never evn played the first one, but I see people playing part 2 all the time.

Goddamit. Time to find somebody to take my steam login away for a week.

Oh boy Steam is so messed up right now -- In my client I've got the sales page half in English and half in German lol!

Glad thats not only me lol

Tempted to get Test Drive Unlimited 2, Medal of Honor and maybe The Witcher 2. I never evn played the first one, but I see people playing part 2 all the time.

What are peoples thoughts on TDU2? Never played the first one and a lot of user comments didn't seem that great when the game came out but it does look kind of fun...for $10 maybe?

Really tempted by Medal of Honor for $10.19...even if it does suck I could still probably muster $10 of entertainment out of it...maybe :p

Edit: Also probably grabbing the Bit.Trip games for $2.50 each. They are amazing, I love that studio. Hoping to see a Terraria sale later for really cheap like $3-4.

That is so awesome that pc gamers are crashing Steam's gianormous servers. Next person that starts a "pc gaming is dead" thread needs to be redirected here then kicked in the nuts.

Does anyone want to trade me Dawn of War Retribution for:
I have a couple copies of L4D2 or Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor and I also have Braid.

I'd be willing to trade for the game, or the complete DLC pack, or both for the game/DLC pack for L4D2&CoH.

For the best deals, don't buy anything that's not on the daily deals list. If something else is on sale (outside of the daily deal), it will continue to remain on sale till the 10th of July.

You could buy something for 50% off today, only to discover that it is available at 75% off tomorrow under daily deals. So yeah, wait till the last day to buy regular on-sale items, unless it is on the daily deals list.

For the best deals, don't buy anything that's not on the daily deals list. If something else is on sale (outside of the daily deal), it will continue to remain on sale till the 10th of July.

You could buy something for 50% off today, only to discover that it is available at 75% off tomorrow under daily deals. So yeah, wait till the last day to buy regular on-sale items, unless it is on the daily deals list.

+1 well said stick to the daily deals and buy everything else the last day ;)

For those of you on the fence about Medal of Honor, i would say its worth 10$ At least your supporting Dice :) (Since they made Multi)

I paid 60$ for it and was very disappointed but single player is decent and the multiplayer is a nice change up from COD and BC2.

In for Recettear and both BIT.TRIP titles. $10 first day, fairly low damage ($13 if I include getting Hydrophobia earlier).
I'm mulling on MOH but will likely pass due to the backlog.
At this point I have to be more conservative than I was this time last year. :D $5 and under, anything decent, I'll buy. Above $5 it's gotta be real good to get dumped on the backlog. MOH, I'm not so sure of. By the time I'd get the time to play it, it'll probably be a free to play title. :D

Borderlands GOTY went down to $7.50, it's in my buy range, worth it or not?

TOTALLY worth it.
Borderlands is a great game. A lot of people hated on it, but I loved it. I have all the DLC but I haven't played any of it, and I also haven't played MP, only SP. Finished the campaign with Mordecai (the sniper). Definitely plan on going back through and beating the game with the other 3 characters.

Boils down to this - if the thought of being able to use a sniper rifle that sets enemies on fire and a shotgun and SMG that fire acid rounds, all of the above featuring enemies running around on fire/and or melting....if that doesn't tickle your fancy, then you're not going to like Borderlands. IMHO the charm of Borderlands lies in the weapons (and there's a shit ton of them, all with different elemental properties and specs, from clip count to firing speed). The story itself is kinda mish-mash but it's still a very enjoyable game. I would assume the 4p co-op to be even more fun than playing by myself...and I had fun playing by myself, so.......... :)

Last edited:
Does TDU2 support the 360 controller? Also, is it closer to Gran Turismo or Ridge Racer? I'm looking for a good old fashioned arcade racer.

It looks like they disabled searches for now. Oh well, I ignore non daily deals until the last day anyways.

Borderlands GOTY went down to $7.50, it's in my buy range, worth it or not?
I am a cheap bastard but even at full price that game is worth it. its one of only two games that I have ever fully played through more than once. heck I have 220 hours and I never even did co op which was its big draw.

The Witcher 2 is exactly what I was waiting for. I might pick up Medal of Honor aswell for single player.

Oh boy! I totally don't have enough games on steam! In for TDU2 and Witcher 2 today.

How come every developer is on sale except EA? =/

I wanted to snag Dead Space 2 for cheap

Dang network at work is so slow right now I can barely load any internet pages. Steam won't let me login to purchase!

that's how I feel. I'm just waiting to bite on DoW2.
I want it but hoping someone wants the couple steam games I'm offering in trade before I buy it.

damn, pages are loading slow as hell in Steam right now. Witcher 2 almost done dl'ing though.

Got DoW2 Retribution and Test Drive Unlimited 2. Nice deals, hope to see the rest.

Speaking of the devil, does Origin let you download unlimited times indefinitely?

How is MOH for single player? worth $10?

Thanks...

I thought so. Multi-player isn't bad; but a few maps everyone just snipes and you can't move. I bought it on impluse when it was $12. I enjoyed it.

I decided to jump on MoH for that price...probably going to end up grabbing the Bit.Trip games as well. It's a great deal for two amazing games I'm just broke as fuck which is why I have to ponder it :p

Back