Steam sales have started

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then it can remain part of the regular sale, not as a daily deal.

Going from the regular Xmas sale price of 25% off to the daily deal extra markdown of an additional 8% to 33% isn't much of an extra deal? Is a daily deal that only saves a few extra dollars worthy of a daily deal?

I don't consider a $50 game 40% off at $30 stupidly cheap, nor would I find it 60% off at $20 stupidly cheap, but that 60%/$20 would make my rule.

(Still wouldn't have bought it @ $20 anyway though...)

Agree'd I stick to one Rule $5 - $10 Max

Damn it. Damn it. Damn it. Bought BC2 for my brother, then I bought Oblivion (lost retail version) and NFS Hot pursuit. AHHHHh!!!

50% off of the inflated $49.99 price for a one day sale on Singularty is pretty lame. much better games have been offered for less than half that price.

I've gotta say that right now I'm enjoying Singularity immensely. I'm on a bit of a break from work right now and have been playing Singularity almost every night. This title is on my sleeper hit of the year list, along with Just Cause 2, and Two Worlds Two. Yeah, I'm glad I bought this for $18 at D2D last week, but at $25 it's still worth it, and this is especially true if you want to play it right now - hey, we've got another long weekend here... free time is precious... and it's cold outside... no better time to stay indoors in front of your PC.

Oblivion.. is it worth it? Im not a fan of Bethesda games like Fallout. Do the texture packs work for steam version?

oblivion, worth it? it was one of the best games ever IMO. and yeah the mods should work.

Oblivion.. is it worth it? Im not a fan of Bethesda games like Fallout. Do the texture packs work for steam version?

yes

and yes . . .

Sir, you seriously have not played Oblivion? :confused:

Seriously?

SERIOUSLY?

Baby Jesus is crying now :mad:

Haha.. before I make the plunge or anything.. how does it play? Does it play 1:1 like FallOut but in medieval times? I got pretty bored of Fallout..

Well, if you want my OPINION, I feel the same way you do about Fallout, but I loved the shit out of Oblivion and played untold amounts of hours of it.

I also agree with Derangel somewhat, it isn't THE best game ever, but I feel that properly modded, it's definitely one of THE best games ever.

However, Morrowind is superior to Oblivion in many ways, just not graphically.

Well, if you want my OPINION, I feel the same way you do about Fallout, but I loved the shit out of Oblivion and played untold amounts of hours of it.

I also agree with Derangel somewhat, it isn't THE best game ever, but I feel that properly modded, it's definitely one of THE best games ever.

However, Morrowind is superior to Oblivion in many ways, just not graphically.

What do you think is the largest difference between the 2? I played morrowind couldnt really get into oblivion, I cant really give straight answer as to why.

Based on what I have read so far I think that I would really enjoy Oblivion, and may pick it up.

I also think that's a fairly good deal on NFS:HP, seeing as it's a recent release.

The problem is, with my current backlog these games are bound to show up at these or lower prices again in the next year or two- and I can't say for certain I would get to them before then. So I think I may hold off.

Maybe... Perhaps.

I'm glad I picked up Penumbra to get Amnesia for cheaper..I'm enjoying that game.

What do you think is the largest difference between the 2? I played morrowind couldnt really get into oblivion, I cant really give straight answer as to why.
Morrowind is an RPG. Oblivion is a hack-and-slash with "skill advancement".

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCOMBO BREAKER!!!! :D

you hit it RIGHT on the nail there

Oblivion retains some of the RPG elements, but moves away from them at the same time by giving you hack and slash gameplay. It seemed like they focused a lot on getting a great game world with great environments and stuff.

They just went a little too light on the main storyline. It's almost like they created all that stuff then ran out of gas when it came to the main questline.

If you play and just go straight through the story, you can be done with the game in as little as 10 hours

if you do all the side quests, faction quests and whatnot and mod the shit out of the game, you could be playing untill you're in a nursing home.

But there's no reason to explore or do anything in the game apart from the main quest because of the scaling enemies and randomized dungeon loot (which means 99% of the time you'll get silverware instead of something useful).

Oblivion is also very "samey". Morrowind had many unique handcrafted area, items, quests, and factions. Oblivion just doesn't have any real...consequence.

np everyone wants Free games :) & battlefield vietnam for 5.00 its a steal

Steam cant touch this deal HAHA

A little disappointed that Transformers is still 20 bucks

Only thing worth getting today IMO is Oblivion, if anyone doesn't have it yet.

A little disappointed that Transformers is still 20 bucks

Only thing worth getting today IMO is Oblivion, if anyone doesn't have it yet.

Its worth $20, though I'm not sure if the online is still alive. If the online is dead then maybe not.

I already have GTA4, and want Episodes from Liberty City...what happens if I buy the complete pack? Do I end up with two installs of GTA 4, or will it just add EFLC to my game?

I already have GTA4, and want Episodes from Liberty City...what happens if I buy the complete pack? Do I end up with two installs of GTA 4, or will it just add EFLC to my game?
The games you don't have will be added to your account, and you lose any duplicate copies.

just adds EFLC to your games, you can kiss the extra copies goodbye.

Was waiting for a deal on Amnesia, finally snapped it up for $4.80 :D

It's doing a fairly good job of scaring my senseless, surround sound makes it pretty intense :eek:

well hit some issues with purchases. Bought the Crysis pack but have the memory leak problem which makes the games unplayable in under 5 minutes. All 3 games eat ~10mb of memory every second until all my physical memory is used up.

Bought the FEAR pack but the first game and its expansions dont like my logitech stuff and run at 15fps.

Gutted. No workarounds for my crysis issues and the FEAR problem can be temporarily fixed by disabling the logitech drivers each time i play but even then its only temporary and framerate drops back to 15fps after a few minutes.

On the plus side. I picked up Plans VS Zombies. Which i'm hoping to play in a few minutes :D

Alright deals today, bit on Blood Money. Won't bother posting them because my prices are in €.

Theatre of war: -75%
Team fortress 2: $5.00
Dawn of Discovery: $14.99
Empire & Napoleon Total War GOTY: $24.99
Flight control HD: $1.70
Supreme Commander 2: $3.74
Command & Conquer: Red alert 3: -75%
Guardians of Graxia: $2.49
Madballs in Babo:Invasion: $2.50

The Hitman Collection: $7.49
Comes with: Bloodmoney, Silent Assassin & Codename 47

Star wars Jedi knight collection: $5.00
Comes with: Jedi outcast, Dark Forces II, Jedi Academy, Mysteries of the sith, Dark Forces

Stalker Bundle: $4.99
Coems with: Shadow of Chernobyl & Pripyat

Far Cry Complete Edition: $7.49
Far Cry + Far Cry 2 (Fortunes Edition)

Last edited:
This sucks.

The MAIN game I wanted from this sale, Napoleon total war, which I was hoping I'd be able to snag for 10bucks or under is on sale today.

However it's ONLY on sale in the pack with Empire for 20 bucks. Individually the games are both 22 bucks a pop and I already have empire (hence why I wanted Napoleon).

Why did Valve stop discounting individual games within a pack? Can't they figur eout a way to know if you own one of the games already and thus let you buy the other one for the discount? That'd have been a sale for me but not now.

Even let us gift the damn game away that we already have a copy of but unless it's a valve game or pack that's no go.

Might jump on Command and Conquer: Red Alert 3 for $5. I had no idea there was a C&C 4. When did that happen?

I'll probably get TF2 for $5.

I was thinking I'd get Empire: Total War until I saw the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back