Steam sales have started

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks for your thoughts on SGW Tolyngee - but i think i'll skip it. i did however pick up K&L2 for $5. looks like it'll be fairly entertaining (for the money).

well you can turn on steady cam and then its just fine. I liked the way the game was done because it was different. there just needed to be much more single player content.

If you do that, all you get for your money is a very short, very linear, very average shooting gallery with a not so annoying camera.

The game doesn't become any better :\

Nah, but thanks for the heads up on the Amazon deals, I'll get Maffia 2 and Metro2033 from there. I think I'm done now.

Did anybody else notice that we can now get the original Quake for $7.49? Whadabagain!

Just watched the vid and actually lol'd. I was thinking about buying it but have decided to buy a different game instead.

On the side bar, someone recorded the last level complete with the ending. Worst. Ending. Ever. If I hear about a K&L 3, I think I'm going to get a riot to storm the IO Interactive building. Do not waste your money on this game. So glad I didn't.

EDIT: Fixed.

Last edited:
On the side bar, someone recorded the last level complete with the ending. Worst. Ending. Ever. If I hear about a K&L 3, I think I'm going to get a riot to storm the EA building out here in Austin. Do not waste your money on this game. So glad I didn't.

Huh? What does EA have to do with it?

Well I caved in and bought Amnesia Dark Descent. I got it from a user on the Forums who is selling Copies for 4.80 Cents :)

my list keeps on growing

Dang, Steam is just choking more and more tonight. Down to about100k/sec D:

edit: 60k/sec now.. might as well just turn it off for the night.

Last edited:
Why not just find another Region. Go into the Settings and Download + Cloud in Steam and find a faster one. I always have great luck with Chicago at night

Help! I have a bad case of nostalgia, and I'm really tempted by the Quake pack (only want Q3 though) and the Unreal Tournament pack. Are they still worth it for the MP?

Help! I have a bad case of nostalgia, and I'm really tempted by the Quake pack (only want Q3 though) and the Unreal Tournament pack. Are they still worth it for the MP?
The Unreal pack is definitely worth it, but I think the Quake pack is a bit overpriced. Then again, I was never into Quake as much as UT, so it all depends on how much you like the games and what they're worth to you.

The Unreal pack is definitely worth it, but I think the Quake pack is a bit overpriced. Then again, I was never into Quake as much as UT, so it all depends on how much you like the games and what they're worth to you.

Picked up the UT pack. =D ... I can't believe a 2004 game is 6gbs big, good stuff.

Aw, I missed out on BC2..

Eh I was about to buy it until I saw that the Vietnam DLC was still full price. Meh, I'll wait until they offer me both for 10$ until I buy, I still got a backlog that will easily last awhile anyways so I'm in no hurry.

How is dead space on pc? I heard the controls were wonky. Not sure if they were talking about the keyboard/mouse controls, gamepad or both? I'f the controls are fine now i'll go ahead and swoop this up because I have heard a lot of great things about it.

How is dead space on pc? I heard the controls were wonky. Not sure if they were talking about the keyboard/mouse controls, gamepad or both? I'f the controls are fine now i'll go ahead and swoop this up because I have heard a lot of great things about it.

The mouse controls are a bit sluggish if you have v-sync on.

The mouse controls are a bit sluggish if you have v-sync on.
I play most games with it off for that very reason. Doesn't seem to be a problem having vsync with gamepads though. Are the controls fine otherwise?

I play most games with it off for that very reason. Doesn't seem to be a problem having vsync with gamepads though. Are the controls fine otherwise?

You'll probably need to force triple buffering through your display drivers to get controls that will even approach responsiveness.

... and UT2004 crashes upon launch. Sigh.

I take it you have a Nvidia 400 series card? There's a bug with the drivers, otherwise I would buy that pack.

And yeah, the Quake pack is over priced, if it was just a little cheaper id'd be all over it. :(

Well guys there is a good chance I wont be home at 1pm today. With the recent jn loss Ive been busy looking for work. So if i dont get to the front page intime Sorry. Please post a list for the working users

Thanks

I have tomorrow off, so I'll be able to catchup on all these games I've purchased, yay :).

Some times I love working for the government, other times I well.... Yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back