Steam Sale Live now!

Man, you guys are lightweights. I bought games during last christmas sale that I haven't even installed, much less played; I think you're doin' it wrong :D

Well, I'm doing it right if that's the standard. ;) I still have half a dozen games I haven't played that I bought during the last Xmas sale, and with going back to school, I doubt I'll have time to ever play what I have.

Still, Metro looks really fun.....

Man, you guys are lightweights. I bought games during last christmas sale that I haven't even installed, much less played; I think you're doin' it wrong :D

same here, steam hoarding FTW.

I went from 77 games before this thanksgiving sale, to 91 right now.

I'm sure I'll have 120 after christmas sale rolls through. Can't help but support games when they're as cheap as 5 bucks.

Does 122 games count as light weight?

I'm actually in the market for a new harddrive so I can actually install some of these damn games.

Can't help but support games when they're as cheap as 5 bucks.

Yep, so long as the reviews are decent:
If I'm interested in a game at 5, I'll generally get it
If it's 10, I'm interested and I think I'll actually play it, I'll grab it.
At 15, I have to actually *want* it

At 2.50, I'm more concerned about the bandwidth used for the download.

Does 122 games count as light weight?

I'm actually in the market for a new harddrive so I can actually install some of these damn games.

Samsung F4 (2TB) is on sale at newegg for 70 shipped, at least it was recently...

Plain Sight is an awesome game, in the Indie Air pack.
Worth $5 at least, by itself.

Just for grins, Christmas and because I like the game, I picked up an 8-pack of Trine. PM me if you want a copy.

[edit] I have no idea how gifting via Steam works so please be patient as I muddle through the process.

Is there anyway to delay a gift being sent? I'd like to send one of these games to my brother for Xmas, but steam wants to send it immediately.

404 file not found.
yeah it will not let me link to it.

How can I deliver the gift at a later date?

If you are interested in purchasing a subscription for someone as a gift but do not want it delivered until a later date, please purchase the game as a gift sent to your own email address. As long as you do not redeem it, you will have a guest pass for this subscription on your account that can be resent at anytime.

With unlimited fios I'm not even concerned about the bandwidth, to me its all about time management, I've got to the point in my life that I can't be arsed to bother playing games that I know are decent, because I've got dozens of games that I know are awesome that I want to play (most of which are games I've previously played a great deal). I consider myself a steam lightweight with 195 games, and I rarely buy anything over the 10-12 dollar limit. Regardless, I still feel the need to purchase games that I know are decent because I've previously obtained some enjoyment out of them without paying when I was younger, and because I do believe in paying for software that I enjoy I have to do piracy restitution. It just irritates me to keep buying games on steam that I have to continue pirating to play properly because the steam version won't work properly, isn't moddable, or is broken for whatever other reason that comes up. I've got a category in my Steam for these games, it's called "Broken Steam Games" and it's a large list. ;)

I have news for you: anything over ~10 games is in no way lightweight. I have The Orange Box, CS 1.6, CS:CZ, and two of the Abe's Odyssey games and I don't consider my selection lightweight.

I have news for you: anything over ~10 games is in no way lightweight. I have The Orange Box, CS 1.6, CS:CZ, and two of the Abe's Odyssey games and I don't consider my selection lightweight.

PM me your Steam name so I can gift you Episodes From Liberty City so you aren't so lightweight.

Yeah but anyone with as pathetic of a steam resume as that deserves a little charity.

Nobody else try to hit me up, this was a random act of kindness. Go about your business.

Anyone know why I still can't access steam? The only thing I can think of is PeerBlock that I have running (not really sure how to use it)

edit: yup, that's definitely it. I'll google an answer for that one. Thanks [H]ard|Forum!

Peerblock always blocks Steam starting up or downloading a game, you can browse the store and buy games but not install them, and you can play most games (not all will start, but most will). Start Peerblock after you have steam fully loaded up. I am aware of no way to stop this behavior, even allowing all steam IPs in peerblock permanently doesn't work. It was the same in Peerguardian.

Edit: Peerblock can also cause GFWL to crash on startup (apparently not every time). If you get strange behavior with anything involving online gaming, suspect peerblock at once. Tunngle doesn't work with it, neither does Hamachi as far as I know.

Last edited:
So far, I've picked up Batman: Arkham Asylum and Metro 2033 during this last sale. Nifty! I should have picked up Borderlands, but I'm waiting for the GotY edition to go on sale later...

So far, I've picked up Batman: Arkham Asylum and Metro 2033 during this last sale. Nifty! I should have picked up Borderlands, but I'm waiting for the GotY edition to go on sale later...

Borderlands is desert apocalypse cel-shaded FPS Diablo II. Don't wait too much longer. :cool:

Just Cause 2 is the most ridiculous hilarious fantastically terriawesome game ever made.

That's a compliment, mostly.

I need some friends on steam. I only have one (my cousin). I don't know anyone on steam. I only have 11 games (counting each game in the orange box). I mainly play counterstrike. I think I'm going to get Metro 2033. Lets hope I can run the gfx at least on medium @ 1280x720. I would've upgraded my gpu but there wasn't any good BF or CM deals. :(

Anybody grabbed the Deus Ex pack and is feeling like selling or even giving away a copy??? I completely missed that deal :(!

I need some friends on steam. I only have one (my cousin). I don't know anyone on steam. I only have 11 games (counting each game in the orange box). I mainly play counterstrike. I think I'm going to get Metro 2033. Lets hope I can run the gfx at least on medium @ 1280x720. I would've upgraded my gpu but there wasn't any good BF or CM deals. :(

Look in the gaming section. I believe there is a thread on Steam ID sharing.

Back