Steam Sale Live now!

Well I bit on the Metro 2033 and the Aliens vs. Predator... down a little bit cause i missed out on the Borderlands deal. Anyone still getting rid of extra copies of any games feel free to PM me! My Steamlink:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/pantherboy48/games?tab=all

Yeah.. I might still be a lightweight, but consider that I have a lot of my games away from steam too.. lol

I need some friends on steam. I only have one (my cousin). I don't know anyone on steam. I only have 11 games (counting each game in the orange box). I mainly play counterstrike. I think I'm going to get Metro 2033. Lets hope I can run the gfx at least on medium @ 1280x720. I would've upgraded my gpu but there wasn't any good BF or CM deals. :(
What range were you buying in? There were decent deals in most brackets.

Anyone that bought AvP try the multiplayer online? Still active or has it pretty much died?

Blocked from Steam, can anyone list today's games? Or is the sale over?

I only bought 2. But I think they will be worth it. I Love these sales.. Makes my game collection just keep growing though lol.

I got

For me:
Torchlight
Grid Defense

For Xmas presents:
Metro 2033
Just Cause 2
Grid Defense
Osmos
World of Goo

Torchlight was a great game, can't wait for the sequel so I can buy it on Steam for $5.

I bought:

2x orange box

Group buys of:
world of goo
trine
the cowboy shooter
AVP

I got:

Alpha Protocol
Alien Vs Predator
Defense Grid
Indie Air Pack
Kayne & Lynch 2
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
Supreme Commander 2
Torchlight
Trine (gift from Eggrock)

I gifted:

L4D2
Super Meat Boy (wasn't part of the sale but was gifted during it. :p)

Anyone else notice the gift emails did not go out today? Both of today's purchases are in my gift account - but neither was sent to the email address I specified on checkout.

This sucks. Missed out on Dirt 2 again. They had it for cheap a few months ago on D2D.

:(

Got myself:

Metro 2033
Deus Ex Collection
Story Indie Pack
Puzzle Indie Pack
Freedom Force
King's Bounty Collection
Torchlight
Dirt 2

just tried to play some lead and gold... this game is totally dead...

Got Dirt 2 from the sale, but it loads a ton of Microsoft crap when the game installs. Can you not install all the shit from MS and still play the game?

Requires GFWL afaik.

Yup. GFWL is needed to *save* the game. You can play it, but will sit through the long intros over and over again till you do, every time you start the game.

Oh, and this feature does not work with XP64 or Server 2003 (x64) either - for those of us who tried it out on our work boxes...

Not bad, ended up with:

Deus Ex Collection
Indie Beat Pack
Star Wars: KOTR
Supreme Commander 2
Defense Grid

That should keep me busy for a few weeks.

Yup. GFWL is needed to *save* the game. You can play it, but will sit through the long intros over and over again till you do, every time you start the game.

Oh, and this feature does not work with XP64 or Server 2003 (x64) either - for those of us who tried it out on our work boxes...

GFWL has absurd compatibility problems with XP64 I stopped trying after a couple weeks, truly a nightmare.

I was waiting for an ARMA II sale and Steam gave it to me. I picked up:

Just Cause 2 (group buy here)
ARMA II combined OPs pack
ARMA II British Armed Forces
Metro 2033

That'll add a few hours to my backlog :)

Back