Steam Sale Live now!

TheBuzzer

HACK THE WORLD!
http://store.steampowered.com/

*****Please remember that organizing group buys for Steam deals is ONLY allowed in the FS/FT area. Please do not try to find other members to go in on game purchases with in this thread or anywhere else in [H]otDeals. -Oldie****

Last edited by a moderator:
In addition to the sale, they are giving 30 people every day their top 5 wish list games for free. http://store.steampowered.com/get/

Edit: You must have at least 10 games on your wishlist to be eligible.

I added Witcher 2(dunno if preorders count but I added anyways), Civ 5, New Vegas, Black Ops, and Vampire The Masquerade.

For today's sale, nothing that interests me right now, but I'm looking forward to the next day.

Last edited:
In addition to the sale, they are giving 30 people every day their top 5 wish list games for free. http://store.steampowered.com/get/

I added Witcher 2(dunno if preorders count but I added anyways), Civ 5, New Vegas, Black Ops, and Vampire The Masquerade.

For today's sale, nothing that interests me right now, but I'm looking forward to the next day.

Thanks for this info, I completely missed it on their site.

Thinking of Sam/Max & Alpha Protocol... thoughts?

The Sam & Max games are a lot of fun if you like point-and-click adventure games with a terrific sense of humor, but I'd consider waiting until the Winter Sale. You might have a chance of getting all three seasons for around $20. $10 for a single season is a great price on its own, however.

Really interested in the Deus Ex 8-pack for $12 if I can find seven others to join in. Or maybe I'll just keep 'em all and give out seven cheap X-Mas gifts :)

Guess I have to check back tomorrow 'cause today's stuff sucks :(

What's the feeling on Alpha Protocol? Seems like a nice idea, but the lack of anyone talking about it since launch makes me nervous...

CS:S for $5 not good???????????????????????:confused::eek:

It isn't if you already bought it for $5 months ago. I bought a copy for me and both of my nephews and it didn't even hurt my pocketbook.

how do you edit your wishlist? i have my top ones at the bttom (i added them first)

-nm when you click on wishlist you have to login again to edit it

If Prototype was $8 I would have bought it.

Don't wait. It's worth every penny. I've beat it twice now, and I still pick it up just for the sake of running/flying/parkouring across NY. Great story and passable graphics. Just make sure you play it with a gamepad.

Deus Ex collection for $4.99 is a great deal for anyone who hasn't yet played the original...I even liked Invisible War more then most

The indie pack looks like it's well worth it. Nothing else looks worthwhile.

meh nothing really grabbing attention though. I did make a wishlist out. :D

What's the feeling on Alpha Protocol? Seems like a nice idea, but the lack of anyone talking about it since launch makes me nervous...

I liked it, it definitely has it's flaws. Paid like $25 for it on a sale and it was worth every penny to me. At $7.50 I would definitely go for it myself.

I wonder how many people missed this key part of the wishlist freebies.

"Entry open to any user holding a Steam account in good standing, who completes a Wish List with at least ten (10) single game titles. One entry per user and one win per user"

ehh, I think I'm gonna be in the same boat. Kinda want to bite on Prototype, but I'll hold off till it's ~10. I already have a backlog of games; I can wait till the winter sale and see what happens.

Alpha Protocol is worth 7.50 for anyone that enjoyed Splinter Cell's gameplay. It also has Mass Effect/KOTOR style dialog with many different ways to handle each situation. Somewhat buggy and unpolished but the story is a wild ride.

Edit: And I am waiting for Prototype to drop to a realistic price. 5 dollars is the bargain bin it belongs in.

Alpha Protocol is worth 7.50 for anyone that enjoyed Splinter Cell's gameplay. It also has Mass Effect/KOTOR style dialog with many different ways to handle each situation. Somewhat buggy and unpolished but the story is a wild ride.

Yeah, it's rated 72 on Steam (which is generally the low end of what I'll buy... even for cheap games) and the individual reviews are pretty sketchy on the web. OTOH, $7.50 is a fraction of what it originally cost. I'm considering biting on this.

Shank looks interesting anyone play it?

I was just coming to post about Shank.
Played teh demo on the 360, the demo was really fun.
PROBLEM is, according to several of the metacritics I've seen, you can beat the game in under an hour. An as in 1 hour. 60 minutes.

If Shank was $5 I'd buy it in a heartbeat. As it is, $10 (which is only $4 and change off)....meh, pass.
Again, it's a really fun game, good brawler/beat em up style game. The art style and the story definitely make the game even better. but if it's that short, there's no way I'm paying $10+ for it.

I'm sure you can achievement whore and get some more replayability out of it, but for a single player game (even with a small co-op side story mode) to only have 1hr of gameplay....not really a fan of the price tag. It'll drop to $5 at some point soon, odds are if not during the Thanksgiving sales, then the Christmas/New Years sales. Probably in a pack with Death Spank as well which is supposedly another decent title.

Yeah, it's rated 72 on Steam (which is generally the low end of what I'll buy... even for cheap games) and the individual reviews are pretty sketchy on the web. OTOH, $7.50 is a fraction of what it originally cost. I'm considering biting on this.

It got hammered for being late, a technical disaster, underwhelming, and ugly. It's true, the graphics aren't great, the gameplay is Splinter Cell stale, I ran into quite a few bugs, and the AI is bad. But I still enjoyed playing it all the way through, and will probably do it again in a year or two. Good story, interesting dialogue, and the stealth system isn't that bad. Just don't go in expecting Mass Effect, this is the quality level of KOTOR II (which this company also made).

Only bit on the Indie pack so far, but there are many hours left on the sale. ;)

I wonder how many people missed this key part of the wishlist freebies.

"Entry open to any user holding a Steam account in good standing, who completes a Wish List with at least ten (10) single game titles. One entry per user and one win per user"

I did not catch that, thanks. I edited my post.

If you go into the Borderlands gift set do you get all the DLC and early access to Duke Nukem? If anyone goes in and wants to split the cost let me know. I estimate about $7 (give or take some change) per game.

Back