Steam Sale is on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea that's weird... STALKER bundle is available for me though but GTA bundle isnt.

Refresh, I think it was just a mistake on their end. It was doing the same thing to me too. OTOH, I'll wait to pick up the GTA pack when I actually intend on playing it... not sure I'll like it and have enough to hold me over.

Last year I think I was closer to $200 something...I try not to think about it.

I spent 325 or so on myself, my wife, and for gifts to family members. For gamers, money very well spent.

Total damage: $140.23 USD

Got a ton of awesome games, but oddly I actually have a longer "to-buy" list now than before the sale...all this excitement got me looking at games I had never considered before :O

Sneaky little buggers.

I only spent $12.49. I wanted to get more since I haven't been gaming for 4 years now, but that will last me quite awhile.

Orange box and Stalker bundle

I spent just under 80 bux, got just about everything I wanted out of this year, and some stuff I forgot I wanted from last year.

I wish a couple of the games I am waiting on, like Witcher 2, were already out, but then I would have spent quite a bit more.

- FEAR 1
- FEAR 2
- Dead Space
- Amnesia
- Evil Genius

All using my $25 gift card; meaning I didn't spend a red cent this year. :D The price on GTA4 + Liberty City was good, but I haven't even bothered installing GTA4 I got from last year's sales, so that's a waste. Finally, for those who haven't had the chance to pick it up, Evil Genius is a really quirky and fun strategy game and would highly recommend it at $1.50.

Made out with
Super Meat Boy - $3.75
FEAR Complete Pack - $9.99
Mirror's Edge - $4.99
GTA IV Complete Bundle - $10.00
Lucasarts Jedi Knight Bundle - $5.00
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. CoP + SoC - $4.99
Hitman Collection - $7.47

Total Games: 18
Total Damage: $46.19

Awesome...

Last edited:
I don't think Steam had a single game that wasn't cheaper somewhere else (amazon, +++++++, gamersgate, etc) at one point throughout the entire sale... just had to troll :D

I don't think Steam had a single game that wasn't cheaper somewhere else (amazon, +++++++, gamersgate, etc) at one point throughout the entire sale... just had to troll :D

r5oAD.png

/anti-trolled

The Damage:

F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin + Reborn DLC
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box
Resident Evil 5
Mass Effect
Mass Effect 2 - Digital Deluxe Edition
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition
Plants vs. Zombies GOTY Edition

8 Games for $65.25, not too bad. Some may even skip the backlog line right to the front!

They blew their wad the very first day IMHO with BFBC2 and FEAR (and SMB for me). After that it's been pretty much all downhill. Oh well....saved a lot more money this year than I did last year. ;) Probably spent at least twice as much last year.

I hope more quality PC games are released this year and I'm not talking about a bunch of multiplatform titles.
This year will show me if these devs are really going to push PC gaming.

Tempted by NWN2 and Amnesia, but not enough.

Total damage: $39 (including purchases during the recent contest)

This sale:
Half-Life 1: Source 1.49 USD
Swarm Arena 2.50 USD
Supreme Commander 2 3.74 USD
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. CoP + SoC 4.99 USD
Oblivion Game of the Year Deluxe 12.49 USD
The Ball 4.99 USD
Plants vs. Zombies 4.00 USD
Section 8 4.99 USD
Crysis Complete (NA) 9.99 USD
Battlefield Bad Company 2 Standard Edition 6.80 USD
Wings of Prey 5.99 USD
Serious Sam Gold Pack (US) 9.99 USD
FlatOut 0.75 USD
FlatOut2 1.00 USD
Ghost Recon Pack 9.99 USD
Trials 2: Second Edition 2.50 USD
Day of Defeat: Source 2.50 USD
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition 5.00 USD
Bioshock 2 9.99 USD
Defense Grid: The Awakening 2.00 USD
Indie Fright Pack 4.99 USD
Lara Croft GOL 5.10 USD
Indie 2D Pack 4.99 USD

Around $125 wasted. 40 or so games.

Might grab Mafia I while it's still $5.

r5oAD.png

/anti-trolled

lolol that's funny one cent :p that was actually the exact game i thought might have been cheaper on steam when I was typing my original post but I remembered it was $2.50 on amazon for the core vs 5 or 6 on steam, so I still thought I had a valid argument... but that was a good anti troll i am going to crawl back under my bridge

Last edited:
Just to be the devil's advocate, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Super Meat Boy, Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, Amnesia: The Dark Descent, Left 4 Dead 2, Kane & Lynch 2, Plants vs. Zombies. There are probably more examples as well.

I have a team fortress 2 guest pass if anyone wants. It's set to expire on Jan 30th.

My total haul:

Amnesia
Assassins Creed II (Xmas gift)
Burnout Paradise The Ultimate Box
Crysis
Crysis Warhead
Darksiders
FarCry 2 Fortune Edition
Fear 2
Flatout Ultimate Carnage
Mafia II
Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising
Just Cause 2 Monster Truck DLC

Gifted:
The Witcher

holy shit crysis ending sucks and I didn't even expect it to be the ending.

I am now glad I got it on sale.

Plants vs. Zombies 3.99 USD
Flight Control HD 2.49 USD
Killing Floor Bundle 5.74 USD
Killing Floor DLC's 2.00 USD
Killing Floor (ROW) 3.75 USD
Team Fortress 2 5.00 USD
GTA 4 Complete pack x3 30USD
Serious Sam Gold Pack x2 7.98 USD
Darksiders 9.99 USD
Fallout: New Vegas 37.49 USD

total = $108.43

holy shit crysis ending sucks and I didn't even expect it to be the ending.

I am now glad I got it on sale.

Crysis is not that bad of a game BUT I consider it more of a Benchmark, Graphical Marvel. I love playing crysis & warhead just to look at the Scenery & the mods make the game even better with better textures.

Last edited:
good grief, its just a video game so how does the ending ruin the rest of the gameplay you just experienced?

good grief, its just a video game so how does the ending ruin the rest of the gameplay you just experienced?
Closure, man. It's all about closure.
Same thing with books, movies, etc. Maybe we need some kind of author or script writer to come and explain the importance of endings...

Closure, man. It's all about closure.
Same thing with books, movies, etc. Maybe we need some kind of author or script writer to come and explain the importance of endings...
I understand that but a game is about gameplay and enjoying the ride. no ending will make or break the hours I have spent playing a game. I may find some endings not to my liking but again that doesn't negate all the fun I had shooting and blowing crap up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back