Steam Sale is on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it ends on the 2nd... But does anyone know if, or heard if they're going "cold turkey" at noon or will they do one more recap sale (I hope!!!) and let that run til midnight??

I know it ends on the 2nd... But does anyone know if, or heard if they're going "cold turkey" at noon or will they do one more recap sale (I hope!!!) and let that run til midnight??
it should be another round on the 2nd that will end on the 3rd at noon. it will probably be mostly repeats.

Anyone with 1000+ hours into a oblivion is a nut-job in my book lol.

*raises an eyebrow*
I hope that was just another toss across the fence for the minor pissing contest going on currently with you lot..

Games that only play for 6-8 hours piss me off...no matter how good the story. I mean -the better the story, the more you want to play (not replay!) And it's nice to not be forced down a path. That's what I fell in love with most about FO and FO2 back in the day.

No doubt. He is a Yank on top of it. LOL

<---Hides from the barrage of Northern inhabitants of [H]. :D

*lobs dozens of herring and halibuts across the pond at scgt1, then pulls out a sonic screwdriver* ...Don't make me use this mate! :eek:

And what have ya'll contributed besides Dr Who (both new and old), Monty Python, and perhaps Top Gear?? (j/k -love a ton of brit stuff) lol

But seriously? :p Anyone that wants *every* game all nice and tidy (eg: 100% linear and way too short on top of it) needs a "goodswift"............ Lighten up "Francis", take time to loot the corpses (and the daisies they're rotting on) once in a while. *chuckles*

Games are about entertainment first and foremost. Folks that play just to be able to brag about what uber-weapon they have (etc)...well...need a "johnson" check. It's all about the journey for some of us! *grins* That's why I try to avoid the "braggart's playpen"

I think Divinity 2 (DKS pack) looks like a good game. I've read some discussions praising it.

Unfortunately, with a backlog as large as mine, and a price of $20, I may as well wait until next year's sale... it'll take me that long to play all of my games, and by then, there may be more patches, another expansion for this series, as well as some DLC, and maybe mods... and probably all for the same $20.

OH: And most Oblivion players on here know about the Texture packs... Oblivion is nowhere near as advanced as Crysis, graphically... that much is obvious. This makes me think that something is incredibly wrong with your Crysis graphics settings... it's STILL an amazing engine.

Furthermore, Morrowind > Oblivion, WRT the actual game. Oblivion, in stock form, isn't impressive. They've catered to a larger audience, however.

I don't know who I am talking to anymore but I think some people take the bang-for-the-buck idea a little too far.

Anyways, I'm starting to doubt it if is even feasible for me to play or try to play each of the games in my library. Funny how that was nowhere near the situation 4 years ago.

I seriously want to know what someone does in Oblivion for 1000 hours.

well (given I've only spent 30-40hrs in that particular game *so far*) I'd imagine the same thing the people that log shitloads of hours in WoW or any other MMO type massive non-linear world would. Explore and enjoy. :rolleyes: And another plus is, the folks that do it on something like Oblivion -aren't being taken to cleaners for ongoing monthly/yearly fees like some of us. lol

PS: I do DDO as well...so don't think I'm raggin on MMO'ers, I'm not. Just giving props to those that still get hours and hours of enjoyment out of a single investment. Makes sense to me. *shrugs*

Off topic from the current debate... but I pulled the trigger on Divinity 2 and hope it turns out to be a decent game.

I played for 2 hours and never found a damn thing to do. I gave up on it. Morrowwind from what I remember was far better. I bought it just to see if I can find out what was so interesting about the game, but it will have to wait until NV is done then Risen, then NWN, and then if I have time I may give it a whirl again.

When I said Oblivion for 1000 hours, I was including all Besthuda games. Oblivion alone im at liek 250. Morrowing like 650, and like 100 hours in NV and FO3 comibned.

And We've already made this very clear, the mod packs look nothing like the game, so this Guy: just gtfo.

I'd like to hear some opinions as well. Metacritic has no information on this as a pc game, but has a 62 aggregate score on the 360 version.

EDIT: Whoops, I was looking at the wrong Divinity 2.

Here's the right one: http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/divinity-ii-the-dragon-knight-saga

82 seems respectable, if only there were more than 4 reviews.

Pulled the trigger, I noticed the same thing; tho I did spend time reading a lot of reviews for the original as well. Decided I liked what all the reviews were saying.

Off topic from the current debate... but I pulled the trigger on Divinity 2 and hope it turns out to be a decent game.
Should be good, its actually a re-vamped, upgraded version ~ after doing some digging and pulling the trigger myself this morning.

lolol what happened up there^^^ ??
lets all be nice.
Last day of sales in one hour!!!
The 2010 trash just got removed is all to make way for the more then likely shittiest day of sales from Steam. LOL

Tick under an hour left. We will see where it goes......

Well, stick a fork in me, I'm spent. Total damage this Christmas: 118.28 USD. Filled in some gaps that I wanted, but was not willing to pay normal prices on. Now to start working that backlog.

Command and Conquer 4: Tiberium Twilight - 4.99 USD
Call of Cthulhu - 7.49 USD
* Subtotal: 24.28 USD - Jan 1,2

Greed Corp, 2.50 USD
Amnesa: The Dark Descent, 6.80 USD
The Ball, 4.99 USD
Brothers in Arms Pack, 9.99 USD
* Subtotal: 24.28 USD - Dec 30

AI War: Fleet Command, 3.00 USD
AI War: Children of Neinzul, 1.99 USD
AI Wars: The Zenith Remnant, 4.99 USD
X-SuperBox, 13.60 USD
* Subtotal: 23.58 USD - Dec 26, 27

Borderlands DLC Claptrap, 4.99 USD
Battlefield 2, 4.99 USD
Ghost Recon Pack, 9.99 USD
* Subtotal: 19.97 USD - Dec 25

Wings of Prey, 6.00 USD
Wings of the Luftwaffe, 7.49 USD
Silent Hunter III, 3.39 USD
Alpha Protocol, 7.50 USD
* Subtotal: 24.38 USD - Dec 24

FEAR 2: Project Origin (NA), 4.99 USD
Lara Croft GOL, 3.60 USD
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition, 5.00 USD
* Subtotal: 13.59 USD - Dec 21

So is MAFIA 2 or ZENO CLASH worth it?

Don't know about Mafia 2 but i purchased Zeno Clash. I'm all for the interestingly different and weird but wtf is up with this game? Its crazy kookoo nonsense and I am not enjoying it. The most disappointing thing is the gameplay though. Feels very klunky and its just screams "UNDER-DEVELOPED!" at you.

Neverwinter Nightsâ&#8222;¢ 2 Platinum - $9.99 (-50%)
Left 4 Dead 2 - $6.80 (-66%)
Plants vs. Zombies GOTY Edition - $3.99 (-60%)
Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit - $29.99 (-40%)
The Hitman Collection - $7.49 (-75%)
Empire & Napoleon Total War&#8482; - Game of the Year Edition - $24.99 (-50%)
Killing Floor - $4.99 (-75%)
Amnesia: The Dark Descent - $6.80 (-66%)
Dead Space - $6.80 (-66%)

and a few others. Generated automatically by a script, so this doesn't have all the deals (Steam changed their format a bit)

Wow, it's a bunch of sales from this week.

EDIT: Which means I'm not spending any money.

Why does it say there are two games "Not available in your region"? Which games are these?

Why does it say there are two games "Not available in your region"? Which games are these?

Some stalker game and GTA, they come up not available for me and i'm in Canada, quite strange because they were both available during the daily deal on their respective days.

Damn just a recap at the end.. They should make it more then just 1 page long.. Glad the sale was still going for Divinity II.. Grabbed that quick since i was'nt interested in anything else today.

Damn, was hoping for Prototype at a good price. Interested in trying it, not interested for $30. Oh well, I think I got off somewhat easy at ~$75 this sale (including gifts). Not bad for getting some games I'm not entirely sure about.

*edit*

wow, was thinking of picking up Sacred 2 to finally do some co-op with a friend... apparently it's not for sale on Steam at all anymore..

Bought NWN2 Platinum and Amnesia.

Total damage from this year's Steam sale: ~$80

Last year was closer to $125

Some stalker game and GTA, they come up not available for me and i'm in Canada, quite strange because they were both available during the daily deal on their respective days.

Yea that's weird... STALKER bundle is available for me though but GTA bundle isnt.

Is today the last day, or is it already over?

EDIT: Never mind, for some reason it was showing me the regular store page, so I thought it was over. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back