[Steam] Portal 1 + 2 sale (Portal 2 $6.79) Both 1+2 for $8.49

Great deal on some great titles if for some reason you don't already have them. :p

Also, the Portal 2 Perpetual Testing Initiative (aka level editor) is coming out soon (today?).

If you don't have, you should buy. Price is great and completely worth it. Both games.

I enjoyed 2 a lot more than 1.

- The latter half of 1 just felt repetitive and not nearly as fresh and interesting as the first half.
- With 2, you also get a lot of "outside the box" moments that don't involve the famous whitewashed test chambers, but there are a lot of things going on in the background to make it really funny and engaging. It just feels like it has a lot more personality and wackiness. I'm someone who almost never manages to finish linear, scripted games (I still haven't finished any of the Bioshock or HL/HL2 games), but I finished Portal 2 in one sitting.

And without being too spoilerish, Portal 2 caused me to see Glados in a whole new light...

I shall be buying a copy to build up my sons' steam accounts now. Thanks for posting.

Great games.. a little short for the original price, but for this price its a no brainer..

I think I'll be getting a second copy for my roommate so we can co-op.

This game is definitely going to drop to $5 by the summer sales, right? Hmm...$1.79 could buy me some weird concoction from Taco Bell. Such big decisions I seem to have. . ..

In for the two pack @$11.89. My buddy has a stream on Twitch.tv and is always on the lookout for good games he can play with his viewers. :)

Good looking out OP! :D

well i effed up and wasn't paying attention and bought the portal + 2 with an extra copy...first to PM with their Steam Name gets a free copy of portal 2! I really wanted the Portal 1 & 2 :rolleyes:

-GONE/GIFTED- :)

Last edited:
This morning I n00bed my 1,000,000th pwn in Black Ops and said to myself "Man I need to play something different new".

My download is almost done.

The sale ends in about 9 hours folks.

This morning I n00bed my 1,000,000th pwn in Black Ops and said to myself "Man I need to play something different new".

My download is almost done.

The sale ends in about 9 hours folks.

And the sale ends... only to be continued in midweek madness which ends May 14th.

Seriously fun game, but if you miss it... don't worry it'll be on sale the next time they have their summer sale or christmas sale, or any big sale, 66% off is not a once in a lifetime price :D

if anyone got an extra copy of portal 2 and wants to trade it for shogun2 pm me :)

Are the single player and co-op missions the same? In other words, can I skip single player if I will be playing co-op later on?
co-op is a separate set of missions in it's own storyline that takes place somewhere in the middle of the single player timeline.

SP is Chell's story and co-op is two robots' story.

if anyone got an extra copy of portal 2 and wants to trade it for shogun2 pm me :)
wow, that's a great deal! you know, portal2 is still on sale for $7 bucks through the weekend (Skyrim is also 33% off) as part of the steam workshop sale?

I rarely buy games for myself. Mostly because I've only played CS or WOW for the last decade as my daily drivers. I rarely ever play single player games.

If you have not experienced the Portal franchise it should be on your bucket list of things to do before you die if you have ever identified yourself as a PC gamer. I'm being serious. Playing Portal 2 with a friend is even better. My girlfriend and I are actually closer after we worked together to solve the puzzles of Portal 2. We discovered we can put up with each others bullshit because of this game. Go buy it and have a better life.

I rarely buy games for myself. Mostly because I've only played CS or WOW for the last decade as my daily drivers. I rarely ever play single player games.

If you have not experienced the Portal franchise it should be on your bucket list of things to do before you die if you have ever identified yourself as a PC gamer. I'm being serious. Playing Portal 2 with a friend is even better. My girlfriend and I are actually closer after we worked together to solve the puzzles of Portal 2. We discovered we can put up with each others bullshit because of this game. Go buy it and have a better life.

Portal 2 co-op is great unless you play with people like me. I grief the hell out of my friends and family in that game.

I think valve is the biggest griefer i've come across. I can't play portal 2 for more than 30 seconds without crashing since the repulsion gel showed. The game was fine before that..

I think valve is the biggest griefer i've come across. I can't play portal 2 for more than 30 seconds without crashing since the repulsion gel showed. The game was fine before that..

Could it be a Catalyst thing perhaps? Just asking.

Yeah it could. I haven't gone through the trouble of driver reinstallation but it just seemed weird the crashes started the exact moment the repulsion gel entered the mix.

When will they have this on sale again?????? I know it's pointless to whine but I hate missing such a good deal.

yeah and if you miss that... during their winter sale, or any other big sale they sponsor, that's the great thing about Valve is that during Steam sales their products are almost always going to be knocked down to near nothing.

That said I bit and got it, single player was fun enough, although I finished rather quickly, the whole back story was fun, but took longer to download than to beat it seemed.

Tried to play co-op (too bad I can't "spawn" a copy like in Diablo and play with my wife) but I didn't like that at all because I first noticed someone making portals on any wall and right to the exit, and didn't pick up on it until the next level when bam the exit was there and he kept whistling for me to come over and finish the level, so I quit, next time I played one particularly hard level trying to figure it out someone was asking me if it was ok to use this cheat, or that cheat, finally he said "is it ok if I fly... hmmm" I quit... fucking what's the purpose of playing a PUZZLE game if you're going to cheat... p.s. I hate multiplayer just for this element.

Back