Steam Deals! (Jun 24 2010)

Isnt there one more day after this set?

Yep. Final day is tomorrow (today?) at 1:00 EST. I'm prepared for glory or epic fail. Hopefully Steam will go out with a bang instead of a fizzle.

Isnt there one more day after this set?

Which is why he said next to last sale?

I'm prepared for glory or epic fail. Hopefully Steam will go out with a bang instead of a fizzle.

Repeating all games on sale wouldn't be so bad though. Give everyone on the fence with a budget to grab whatever they skipped on.

Still hoping for FEAR 2 or CoP or COD or something...

Holy smokes - that freedom force game is a hoot. Had played through the intro mission. Picking up some gift copies for buddies, since it has multiplayer.

One goofy bit - the sound needs to be set. You get the normal intro blerbs, but they default the sound to none. go figure.

Holy smokes - that freedom force game is a hoot. Had played through the intro mission. Picking up some gift copies for buddies, since it has multiplayer.

One goofy bit - the sound needs to be set. You get the normal intro blerbs, but they default the sound to none. go figure.

I followed the series since the first one came out. It had great potential, but the gameplay itself never had wide appeal. Multiplayer is fun but extremely unbalanced, and not very good for actual competition, just for goofing off. The campaign, story, characters are all well done, and if you like superhero comix and haven't played it, wtf is wrong with you? GO NOW.

Still hoping for FEAR 2 or CoP or COD or something...

FEAR 2's price didn't even budge during the Holiday sale and now (again) it's not even on a regular sale (let alone daily). I'm not sure why and I don't know their sales numbers, but Warner Bros. Publishing doesn't seem to like selling copies of their games at discount.

That said; I'm still holding out until the damned thing goes on sale, no matter how much I REALLY wanna play it on my surround system to scare the crap outta my g/f. :D

FEAR2 plays great on surround.. tested it yesterday.. pretty decent game.. very fun in surround mode with all of the warped dream sequence stuff. :p

FEAR 2's price didn't even budge during the Holiday sale and now (again) it's not even on a regular sale (let alone daily). I'm not sure why and I don't know their sales numbers, but Warner Bros. Publishing doesn't seem to like selling copies of their games at discount.

That said; I'm still holding out until the damned thing goes on sale, no matter how much I REALLY wanna play it on my surround system to scare the crap outta my g/f. :D

There's always Dead Space. Much more scary than FEAR... which I suppose is relative because neither one is scary at all. Still, 6% scary is more than 2% scary...

Okay, moment of reckoning. Time to buy packs soon, so - all you good ladies and gentlemen of the [H], is the star wars pack worth it at $55? Don't have very many games in there.

There's always Dead Space. Much more scary than FEAR... which I suppose is relative because neither one is scary at all. Still, 6% scary is more than 2% scary...

The issue with Dead Space is (well, besides it not being on sale) - seeing the gameplay, it looks a bit quirky and... alien, rather than something which would set that subtle ambiance. At least FEAR 2 makes use of the dream sequences and phasing, which as revenant said, creates a great effect on a surround system.

Oh well... with over 80 games in my Steam list, I'm in no hurry. :p

how do i know i have the DLC for borderlands?
i bought the Borderlands: The Secret Armory of General Knoxx and i dont see it under library

i bought the Borderlands: The Secret Armory of General Knoxx and i dont see it under library

The Borderlands DLC doesn't show up as a separate item, it installs with the main game. You can view the keys for the first two on your view keys page, but not Knoxx. The first time you start up borderlands after buying the DLC it'll pop up and tell you it is now active.

FEAR 2 is only $20 , so I don't know what anyone is complaining about. Obviously the price was slashed from $50 some time ago.

Under Game Library, right mouse click on Borderlands and select Properties.
Select the DLC Tab to view your DLC content for Borderlands.

It is not worth even 10 dollars in my opinion. Bad game. BAD game. 5 dollar limit. Same with FEAR1. And I played original FEAR on a widescreen high end rig with surround sound. It was enjoyable the first time through, but not scary, and I've since tried to play it through again and can't. It sucks in retrospect.

Dead Space... you really just need to sit and play it for a while. Eventually, the weirdness of the controls wears off and starts feeling a bit more natural. This was one of the first third person shooters that I've ever done. Reasonably solid game - but you have to give it some time. That first 10-15 minutes feels very unnatural.

FEAR 2 is only $20 , so I don't know what anyone is complaining about. Obviously the price was slashed from $50 some time ago.

... seriously? This is a thread about Steam sales... 90% of us are willing to wait six months just to save some amount of $ - how DARE you even suggest paying "full" price for it? ;)

22 minutes til the last day sale starts....i almost dont wanna see it with all i've spent

Less than 9 minutes...I'm really hoping for FEAR 2, MW2, and the latest STALKER expansion...plus maybe some surprises :p

-85% $19.99 $2.99 Thief: Deadly Shadows
-75% $19.99 $4.99 Killing Floor
-33% $49.99 $33.49 Battlefield: Bad Company™ 2
-40% $39.99 $23.99 Mass Effect 2
-75% $19.99 $5.00 World of Goo
-75% $19.99 $4.99 Grand Theft Auto IV
-66% $29.99 $10.19 Left 4 Dead 2
-50% $39.99 $19.99 ARMA II
-50% $49.99 $24.99 Just Cause 2
-75% $39.99 $9.99 Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition
-80% $19.99 $4.00 Trine
-66% $29.99 $10.19 Borderlands
-75% $19.99 $5.00 Red Faction Guerrilla
-66% $34.99 $11.89 Tales of Monkey Island Complete Pack
-50% $29.99 $14.99 BioShock® 2

Horrendous last day sale. Absolutely horrendous. A rehash of things that were JUST on sale...come on. No buys for me today.

FFS. I really hope they throw MW2 in there later, like they did with l4d2 the first time it was on sale, it appeared later.

Back