Steam Deals! (Jun 24 2010)

Damn, I wanted to buy the Borderlands DLC but I have a retail edition of Borderlands.

Don't really want buy it again just for steam. Probably a good thing, the reviews for the DLC's arnt anything spectacular.
Sell your retail copy and buy the game on Steam? I haven't tried Moxxi yet, but the other two DLCs are awesome, and at this price Moxxi is worth it just for the stash.

Steam BL + all DLC = $20
Retail, first 2 DLC = $20
like zero posted, get the steam version and sell your retail at one of the trade places

Left4Dead?
OMG!! You must get both!
They are that awesome

I wasn't much for the concept until playing them, had loads of fun with each.

killing floor? some people love it. I don't like it. just waves of slow zombies wearing you down until all are dead.

Hey, free is free, and it's a highly rated game. ;)

Now if GTA4 were given for free, then they could beat Portal. :D

It's easier to rate some highly when it's free! Double cheaters!

Besides, free's anti-competitive. MS's been sued for less!

(Signing up to Steam just so Valve has your info! Sneaky!)

I am on the fence about LFD2. I have never played a LFD game ever. Should I start with 1 or go straight to 2?...

Grab L4D2 - for $10 you wont be disappointed. Many could (and do!) argue that 2 is what L4D should have been in the first place. I like both but rarely play 1 any more. If you like you can always wait til you see 1 on sale again for $6.

I've got to say that Flatout: Ultimate Carnage for $2 is probably my favorite deal so far. That game was completely under my radar and turned out to be great.

+1 to this. Friends and I have been having lots of laughs over this game.

This was a fun sale in general. Lots of stuff that never got front page mention is discounted (600+ things listed under specials).

For me it was:
Dirt2
Fuel
Flatout2 UC
and the three DLC packs for Borderlands

:D

Spent more than I probably should've this time:
  • Mirrors Edge (definitely a $5 game max)
  • Dead Space
  • Devil May Cry (I already like it more than I thought I would, and only played it for ~30m)
  • Alien Breed: Impact (not bad, but definitely hard. Was hoping the co-op would be better)
  • Shadowgrounds and Shadowgrounds: Survivor (thought it was going to have LAN multiplayer... it doesn't)
  • Soldiers: Heroes of WW2 (complicated and difficult game)

Will be buying the THQ pack and Borderlands DLC's. I'd like to toss in the CoD collection, but as it is I have a handful of games I need to play. I can wait on that until Christmas where it'll be the same price or cheaper. Would've liked to've seen BFBC2 cheaper than $33, since they've had it in the $20 range before and waiting on Bioshock 2 to have the DRM removed

• $14.99 bioshock2
  • $10.20 l4d2
  • $2.00 puzzle kingdoms
  • $1.69 jericho
  • $2.49 gothic2
  • $5.00 joint ops
  • $2.00 flatout2
  • $2.50 shatter
  • $5.00 void
  • $3.75 guild2
  • $20.36 borderlands+DLC
  • $7.49 A Farewell to Dragons
  • $4.99 The Scourge Project
  • $2.49 Avencast
  • $2.00 Scaraboar
  • $4.99 StarWars Empire@War

$91.94

I really want to buy arma 2 but I'm not sure if it's worth it.

I'd only play the multiplayer and since BC2 just came out with a 500mb patch.........this mp better be good and active.

Total Damage:

The Witcher: Enhanced Edition DC - $6.79
Left 4 Dead 2 - - $10.20
Company of Heroes Complete Pack - $24.99
Thief: Deadly Shadows - $2.99
Titan Quest Gold - $4.99
Bioshock (NA) - $4.99
Borderlands - $10.19

$65.14

7 games (9 if you count the expansions for CoH) for a little over the retail price of a new console or PC game. I'm never buying games at retail again.

[L]imey;1035907579 said:
Anyone buy a spare Witcher they could gift? I missed that day :(

Steam isn't like a retail store. You can't buy multiple copies of a game for yourself. And you can't gift if you buy a pack and it has something in it you already have unless its the Orange Box or 4-packs.

I'm thinking about getting BFBC2, but I'm not sure if my computer will run it well.

Here are my stats:
Conroe dual core @ 3200MHz
4GB RAM
Geforce 8800GTS (512MB) (G92)

Can I play smoothly at medium settings 1280x1024?

I'm thinking about getting BFBC2, but I'm not sure if my computer will run it well.

Here are my stats:
4GB RAM

You should be able to run it pretty well on that machine.

Here are my stats:
4GB RAM

not sure what your exact cpu model is but your gpu is easily strong enough for high settings at that res. I would rather poke my eyes out than play modern games at that claustrophobic 5:4 res though. :eek:

I've found the Fort Knox DLC to be surprisingly awful. My brother and I spent hours leveling up on the 360 just to be able to play it, only to find ourselves repeatedly raped by one-shot kills by cars and overpowered flying robots. Worst thing is that when your car is blown up, you both die automatically, and it takes several seconds for you to bail out of your car so it's hard to escape alive.

Don't know why the hell they made the DLC so vehicle heavy when the FPS is the fucking point of the game.

I've found the Fort Knox DLC to be surprisingly awful. My brother and I spent hours leveling up on the 360 just to be able to play it, only to find ourselves repeatedly raped by one-shot kills by cars and overpowered flying robots. Worst thing is that when your car is blown up, you both die automatically, and it takes several seconds for you to bail out of your car so it's hard to escape alive.

Don't know why the hell they made the DLC so vehicle heavy when the FPS is the fucking point of the game.

We just spent the last 3-4 hours playing, and it was a lot of fun. The challenge was welcomed after the cakewalk that the rest of Borderlands was. The zombie one was fun but too easy, and short, glad I didn't pay $10 for it.

I'm in for a Bioshock 2 and Borderlands 4-pack if someone has a copy let me know please.

I only picked up GTA4 for $5 from this sale.
Although I wanted several other games, being broke and having a huge backlog made those choices irrational.

Alright, only a few more hours left and I want some more games for Steamplay on my new MBP.
Any suggestions? So far I'm thinking....

World of Goo $5
Osmos $5
Tales of Monkey Island complete pack $12

Yeah I wish The Witcher would go on sale again. However, it will most likely be on sale again christmas time, which will be a great time to play it again just before the 2nd comes out. I've heard it'll be out 1st quarter 2011.

This happened to me as well. What I finally realized was that because my level 50 soldier was currently on playthrough 2 it defaulted to that for Knoxx as well. Once I set it back to 1 it was much more balanced.

EDIT: Wow, Steam's card processor must be down because it is declining every card I use when attempting to buy my nephew a $15 game.

Last edited:
Wait, when was L4D2 ever $10? I missed that...

I don't like how the Knoxx DLC runs much slower than the regular game...granted, I'm playing on my laptop, but my laptop is no slouch.

EDIT: Wow, Steam's card processor must be down because it is declining every card I use when attempting to buy my nephew a $15 game.

you need to email steam and let them know about this. their billing system will auto lock your steam account if it fails authorization for some reason. This happened to me yesterday and they fixed it.

Hmm, the sale will end at 8 PM local time...I get off of work at 7...I should be able to swing that. I never really was a huge fan of L4D1, but that type of game...sure, it's worth $10 to me.

Well Steam it has been good but it is probably for the best that you leave. You may burnt too big of unnecessary holes in peoples wallets.

you need to email steam and let them know about this. their billing system will auto lock your steam account if it fails authorization for some reason. This happened to me yesterday and they fixed it.

This is what they sent me...

Thank you for contacting Steam Support. Are you attempting to make the purchase through Steam or with a web browser using the storefront webpage? If using Steam, try the following: If using a PC -Exit Steam, then go to the location that Steam is installed to. By default this is C:\Program Files\Steam directory (this is the default with a Steam installation - if you set a different installation directory, you will need to browse to it). -Delete all of the files except for: Steam.exe And the folder \SteamApps\ If using a Mac: -Exit Steam and go to the folder Users/[username]/Library/Application Support/Steam -Delete all of the files in this folder except for SteamApps. Restart your computer and test the issue. Note: This process will not affect your currently installed games. If the issue still persists, try using a web browser (Internet Explorer 7 or higher on PC, or Safari if on a Mac) to make the purchase using http://store.steampowered.com/ If it still fails, try logging into your Steam account and making the purchase directly through the Store interface. Please let us know if you have further questions or concerns.

What fixed for me, was shutting down the other PC that had steam running. I had a laptop that was trying to do a sync with the steam cloud, and somehow it would not shut down. Once I restarted the laptop, with the normal login on the machine I wanted to make a purchase on, I was golden.

Steam purchases:

Fallout 3 - Game of the Year
24.99 USD
Oblivion Game of the Year Delux
8.50 USD
Morrowind Game of the Year
5.00 USD
Command and Conquer: Red Alert 3
14.99 USD
Command and Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising
4.99 USD
Mirror's Edge
4.99 USD
Dead Space
9.99 USD
Mass Effect
4.99 USD
Mass Effect 2
23.99 USD
Dragon Age: Origins + Awakening
47.99 USD
Trine
4.00 USD
SSHD Double Pack (ROW)
7.50 USD
Supreme Commander 2
7.47 USD
Kane and Lynch: Dead Men
4.99 USD
Gothic Bundle
4.99 USD
Osmos
2.49 USD
The Guild II + Pirates of the European Seas
6.25 USD
FlatOut Ultimate Carnage (NA)
2.00 USD
Borderlands DLC: Dr. Ned
3.39 USD
Borderlands DLC: Mad Moxxi
3.39 USD
Borderlands DLC: The Secret Armory of General Knoxx
3.39 USD
Rise of the Argonauts
5.09 USD
Dawn of Discovery Gold
20.09 USD
Avencast
2.49 USD
Mount and Blade: Warband
14.99 USD
Majesty 2: Kingmaker
7.49 USD
Tropico 3: Absolute Power
6.79 USD
Cryostasis
3.24 USD
NecroVisioN
3.24 USD
A Farewell to Dragons
7.49 USD
NecroVisioN: Lost Company
7.49 USD
Hazen
3.39 USD
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition
13.39 USD
Thief: Deadly Shadows
2.99 USD
Clive Barker's Jericho
1.69 USD
The Scourge Project: Episode 1 and 2
4.99 USD
RollerCoaster Tycoon 3: Platinum
10.19 USD

Total: $307USD

ffffffffffffffSTEAM

Steam purchases:

Fallout 3 - Game of the Year
24.99 USD
Oblivion Game of the Year Delux
8.50 USD
Morrowind Game of the Year
5.00 USD
Command and Conquer: Red Alert 3
14.99 USD
Command and Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising
4.99 USD
Mirror's Edge
4.99 USD
Dead Space
9.99 USD
Mass Effect
4.99 USD
Mass Effect 2
23.99 USD
Dragon Age: Origins + Awakening
47.99 USD
Trine
4.00 USD
SSHD Double Pack (ROW)
7.50 USD
Supreme Commander 2
7.47 USD
Kane and Lynch: Dead Men
4.99 USD
Gothic Bundle
4.99 USD
Osmos
2.49 USD
The Guild II + Pirates of the European Seas
6.25 USD
FlatOut Ultimate Carnage (NA)
2.00 USD
Borderlands DLC: Dr. Ned
3.39 USD
Borderlands DLC: Mad Moxxi
3.39 USD
Borderlands DLC: The Secret Armory of General Knoxx
3.39 USD
Rise of the Argonauts
5.09 USD
Dawn of Discovery Gold
20.09 USD
Avencast
2.49 USD
Mount and Blade: Warband
14.99 USD
Majesty 2: Kingmaker
7.49 USD
Tropico 3: Absolute Power
6.79 USD
Cryostasis
3.24 USD
NecroVisioN
3.24 USD
A Farewell to Dragons
7.49 USD
NecroVisioN: Lost Company
7.49 USD
Hazen
3.39 USD
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition
13.39 USD
Thief: Deadly Shadows
2.99 USD
Clive Barker's Jericho
1.69 USD
The Scourge Project: Episode 1 and 2
4.99 USD
RollerCoaster Tycoon 3: Platinum
10.19 USD

Total: $307USD

ffffffffffffffSTEAM

Ah - I spent £140 GBP (c. $200 USD) so I don't feel as bad now after seeing your spending !

Well it's the last couple of hours of the sale.

So far from this sale I picked up:
Borderlands + DLC $20
LFD2 $10
Unreal Pack, Killing Floor, Trine, Overlord Pack $27
$57 Total. $86 in steam sales so far this year.
Nothing compared to some of you. :p

Any "must buys" out there?
Was looking at these games but don't know if I should buy:
Civ IV Complete Pack $10
Introversion Pack $5
Global Agenda $27

Well it's the last couple of hours of the sale.

So far from this sale I picked up:
Borderlands + DLC $20
LFD2 $10
Unreal Pack, Killing Floor, Trine, Overlord Pack $27
$57 Total. $86 in steam sales so far this year.
Nothing compared to some of you. :p

Any "must buys" out there?
Was looking at these games but don't know if I should buy:
Civ IV Complete Pack $10
Introversion Pack $5
Global Agenda $27

Majesty 2 & Majesty 2: Kingmaker are hard to pass up.
I couldn't pass up spellforce 2 at a sale price.
mass effect 2 is great, if you haven't played it yet.

Only got 4 games on my end:

Mass Effect 2 (Been dying for this one to go on sale after I played the first one, just brilliant)
World of Goo (I wonder why I didnt get this game earlier, nonetheless, $5 is a steal)
Trine ($4, heard plenty of good things)
L4D2 (Havent played the first one, but I figured I cant let this pass up for $10)

Thats about it really, lots and lots of crazy deals, but I fear that if I do buy a game just because of its low price, I wont play it :p

I spent just under 200 dollars on steam and have over 100 games. I hate you steam. I hate you.

Back