Steam Deals! (Jun 24 2010)

God awful, any highlights of things that werent on daily sale? Im gunna pick up garrys mod/fuel and dirt. Maybe ID pack? What about heroes of m&m 5?

wow... i waited all week for the final day sale. Now i have the choice of all the ''best'' sales . Great stuff.

:( no Serious Sam HD double pack :(

I'm just getting Trine and one Borderlands DLC.

i missed killing floor... might as well get it... anyone know if the DLCs are worth it?

JUST got a call from discover to verify all the steam purchases. lols T.T

Civ, and Kings Bounty, Red Faction for me today, to bad no Witcher, that was my only miss, and I wish Mass Effect would be a little tad cheaper.

Wow, you guys are a bunch of whiners. Fact is that today is a big American holiday, so most normal people will be out celebrating and barbecuing - Valve and Steam's publishers weren't going to make a lot of money today anyway. About the only valid complaint I've seen is that MW2 wasn't put on sale, and we all know Activision are too greedy to do that.

Sweet a best of sale, always great for friends that missed out the first round!

yeah gave up waiting for FEAR 2 so bought it cheap retail.

I've spent UK so far (about $200 USD)..
This is bad

Very bad

I think I'm going to have to do the same on Fear 2. Its really the only Steamworks game that shows very few sales. Well, that and the behemoth that is Call of Duty MW2.

lawls, I got 80GB of new games since the start of this sale.

I'm happy...

Beat Hazard 2.49 USD
Borderlands 10.19 USD
Borderlands DLC: Dr. Ned 3.39 USD
Borderlands DLC: The Secret Armory of General Knoxx 3.39 USD
FlatOut Ultimate Carnage (NA) 2.00 USD
Grand Theft Auto IV (US/AU) 4.99 USD
Introversion Complete Pack - Summer 2010 5.00 USD
Killing Floor 5.00 USD
Killing Floor - Outbreak Character Pack 0.99 USD
Killing Floor - Nightfall Character Pack 0.99 USD
Left 4 Dead 2 10.20 USD
Madballs in... Babo:Invasion 1.99 USD
NecroVisioN 3.24 USD
Overlord Complete Pack 4.50 USD
Red Faction Guerrilla 5.00 USD
RIP Trilogy 1.24 USD
Shatter 2.50 USD
The Void (ND) 5.00 USD
Trine 4.00 USD
Winterbottom 2.49 USD
Zeno Clash 3.75 USD
Titan Quest Gold 4.99 USD

A little more than I thought, $82.29. :eek:

I think I'm going to have to do the same on Fear 2. Its really the only Steamworks game that shows very few sales. Well, that and the behemoth that is Call of Duty MW2.
Wow, wtf, didn't I kill you a long time ago?

EDIT: Don't tase me, mods - offtopic play on our usernames.

Last edited:
Wow, you guys are a bunch of whiners. Fact is that today is a big American holiday, so most normal people will be out celebrating and barbecuing - Valve and Steam's publishers weren't going to make a lot of money today anyway. About the only valid complaint I've seen is that MW2 wasn't put on sale, and we all know Activision are too greedy to do that.

+1

Valve goes above and beyond with a 100% kickass summer sale, and you guys are bitching about the last day just being a second chance to get awesome deals? You sirs, are the lame ones.

This sale was ridiculously good, especially when you look at the EA sale as almost being an extension of the summer sale. The number of quality games for cheap was amazing. Just look at what I snagged:

Summer Sale

Borderlands - $10
Civ 4 Complete - $10
L4D2 - $10
Zeno Clash - $4
Galcon Fusion - $2.50
Resident Evil 5 - $12.50
The Witcher - $6.79
Trine - $4

EA Sale

Mass Effect 1 - $5
Mass Effect 2 - $24
Dead Space - $10

I could have easily bit on some of the killer packs too, like the Square and THQ if I hadn't had some of those games already. Also, the metro 2033 and JC2 sales were really good considering those games just came out. Finally, there were some really nice $5 or less sales on games that a lot of people might not have already had (World of Goo, GTA4, CS:S, etc.). Overall, hats off to Valve for a really nice sale and stocking my library until the holidays. See you all in December.

thank god the bleeding is over....

Call of Duty Pack - Summer 2010 29.99 USD
Devil May Cry 4 7.50 USD
Just Cause 2 24.99 USD
Bionic Commando + Rearmed 11.24 USD
Titan Quest Gold 4.99 USD
Winterbottom 2.49 USD
Cryostasis 3.24 USD
Half-Life 1 Anthology 10.04 USD
Numen: Contest of Heroes 7.49 USD
Second Sight 3.39 USD
Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising 4.50 USD
Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition 9.99 USD
Gothic Bundle 1.99 USD
Sol Survivor 4.99 USD
Introversion Complete Pack - Summer 2010 5.00 USD
Ghostbusters: The Videogame 4.00 USD
Resident Evil 5 12.50 USD
Defense Grid: Resurgence Map Pack 1 0.49 USD
Defense Grid: Resurgence Map Pack 2 0.49 USD
Defense Grid: Resurgence Map Pack 3 0.49 USD
Defense Grid: Resurgence Map Pack 4 0.49 USD
Counter-Strike: Source 6.80 USD
Dragon Age: Origins 26.79 USD
Mass Effect 2 23.99 USD

I thought it was a good sale. I bought a shit ton of stuff I didn't intend to buy, no, I mean, more stuff than I've ever purchased electronically before, including a couple things I swore to myself I would not buy until they were much cheaper...

The damage:

Just Cause 2 x1 (wife)
Borderlands 4-pack (I ate the cost for gift copies)
Dragon Age Origin + Awakening Digital Deluxe - x2 (one for the wife and one for me)
Madballs 4-pack (ate the cost)
Death to Spies : Gold
Red Orchestra x3
L4D 2 4-pack (of which I paid 75%)
Flatout Ultimate Carnage x4
ARMA II
GTA IV x2 gifts
Joint Ops x4
Commandos Pack
Street Fighter IV
Osmos
Gothic Bundle
Max Payne bundle (wife)
Gothic Bundle (wife)
Left 4 Dead 1 (gift)
Witcher (wife)
Resident Evil 5 x2 (me and wife)
Ghostbusters (wife)
Overlord Complete
Trine
Unreal pack x2 (me and wife)

It seems worse now that I've typed it out... at least I don't have to go back past EA week, these sales have been going on for far too long...

Bioshock 2
Portal
Borderlands - Four Pack
Mass Effect 2
Monkey Island Complete Pack
Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising
Max Payne Bundle

Probably like $90 for $300 worth of games that I'll spend 0 hours on over the next few months.

i just got borderlands in the sale, and probably won't get to it for a month or so. should i buy the dlc now or wait?

i just got borderlands in the sale, and probably won't get to it for a month or so. should i buy the dlc now or wait?
Buy it now that it's on sale. You can get all three DLCs for about the same price as the normal cost of a single one.

I'm actually kind of glad to see the recap on sales. I skipped L4D2 the first time and have been regretting it.

At the end I got the telltale everything pack, action indie bundle, and just cause 2.

I find it funny how buying the telltale everything pack makes everything think you are a super big spender and crazy.

You now own Sam & Max 101: Culture Shock, Sam & Max 102: Situation: Comedy, Sam & Max 103: The Mole, the Mob and the Meatball, Sam & Max 104: Abe Lincoln Must Die!, Sam & Max 105: Reality 2.0, Sam & Max 106: Bright Side of the Moon, Sam & Max 201: Ice Station Santa, Sam & Max 202: Moai Better Blues, Sam & Max 203: Night of the Raving Dead, Sam & Max 204: Chariots of the Dogs, Sam & Max 205: What's New Beelzebub?, Bone: Out from Boneville, Bone: The Great Cow Race, Telltale Texas Hold'Em, Strong Bad Episode 1: Homestar Ruiner, Strong Bad Episode 2: Strong Badia the Free, Strong Bad Episode 3: Baddest of the Bands, Strong Bad Episode 4: Dangeresque 3, Strong Bad Episode 5: 8-Bit Is Enough, Wallace & Gromit Ep 1: Fright of the Bumblebees, Wallace & Gromit Ep 2: The Last Resort, Wallace & Gromit Ep 3: Muzzled!, Wallace & Gromit Ep 4: The Bogey Man, Tales of Monkey Island: Chapter 1 - Launch of the Screaming Narwhal, Tales of Monkey Island: Chapter 2 - The Siege of Spinner Cay , Tales of Monkey Island: Chapter 3 - Lair of the Leviathan , Tales of Monkey Island: Chapter 4 - The Trial and Execution of Guybrush Threepwood , Tales of Monkey Island: Chapter 5 - Rise of the Pirate God, Sam & Max 301: The Penal Zone, Sam & Max 302: The Tomb of Sammun-Mak, Sam & Max 303: They Stole Max's Brain!, RIP, RIP 2: Strike Back, RIP 3: The Last Hero, Space Trader: Merchant Marine, Penguins Arena: Sedna's World, Larva Mortus, Tank Universal, Just Cause 2, Just Cause 2: Tuk Tuk Boom Boom DLC, Just Cause 2: Chevalier Ice Breaker DLC.

People have told me I'm crazy when they read my blotter until I show them the telltale pack at $49.99 ;)

holy. crap.
Killing Floor + DLC - $6.97
World of Goo - $5.00
Borderlands DLC: Dr. Ned, Borderlands DLC: Mad Moxxi, Borderlands DLC: The Secret Armory of General Knoxx, Day of Defeat: Source, Saints Row 2 (ROW) - $20.15
Borderlands 4pack buy - $7.65
FlatOut Ultimate Carnage (NA), Shatter, Red Faction Guerrilla, Left 4 Dead - $16.30
Osmos, Call of Duty Pack - Summer 2010 - $32.48
Oddworld Abes Oddysee and Exoddus package - $2.50
Max Payne Bundle - $3.74
Crysis Complete (NA) - $19.99

total of 114.78....
+120 for a 2T hdd/dock that i just ordered for backing up steam library. my wallet hates me.

Anyway, my damage was:

Action Indie Bundle
Telltale Everything Pack
Just Cause 2
Devil May Cry 4
Freedom Force Freedom Pack (Gift)
Borderlands+all 3 DLC
Borderlands (Gift)
Day of Defeat Source (Gift)
Beat Hazard
Madball in... Babo: invasion
PJ Winterbottom
Tropico 3
Left 4 Dead (Gift)
Shatter
The Void
Chains
Avencast
Osmos
Grand Theft Auto 4
Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising
EVE Online
Left 4 Dead 2 (Gift)
Zeno Clash
Sacraboar
Puzzle Kingdoms
Bad Rats: The Rats Revenge
Ghostbusters
Birth of America
Chrome+Chrome:Specforce
UFO:Afterlight
Broken Sword: Twin Pack
STALKER: Call of Pripyat
Galcon Fusion
Necrovision
Cyrostasis
Serious Sam HD Double Pack

Total $231.23

And, I'm spent. Looks like the main page is down, though folks can still hit the direct URLs.

Aliens versus Predator Classic 2000 1.25 USD
Altitude 3.40 USD
Bioshock 2 14.99 USD
Borderlands DLC: The Secret Armory of General Knoxx 3.39 USD
Clive Barker's Jericho 1.69 USD
Commandos Pack 3.75 USD
Command and Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising 4.99 USD
DarkStar One 3.39 USD
Flotilla 2.50 USD
Freedom Pack 1.87 USD
Gothic Bundle 4.99 USD
Killing Floor 5.00 USD
Mass Effect 2 23.99 USD
Men of War: Gold Edition 8.74 USD
NecroVisioN 3.24 USD
NecroVisioN: Lost Company 7.49 USD
Red Orchestra 2.50 USD
Resident Evil 5 12.50 USD
SSHD Double Pack (US) 7.50 USD
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold 4.99 USD
The Void (ND) 5.00 USD
Winterbottom 2.49 USD
Zeno Clash 3.75 USD

Gifts
Max and the Magic Marker 5.00 USD
Team Fortress 2 6.79 USD
Osmos 2.49 USD
Freedom Pack 1.87 USD
Freedom Pack 1.87 USD
World of Goo 5.00 USD

Easy.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/400/

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/pc/portal

4.8GB @ $1.99.

GTA4 had it beat the other day though with 15.5GB @ $4.99.

Since both games are regularly priced @ $19.99, GTA4 wins?
Oh yeah, I forgot about "Portal". That would actually be the winner b/c for a while, it was given away (for free) by Steam for the full version. :cool: No one can beat that unless there's another free game with 90+/100 and more than 4.8 GB. :D

Oh yeah, I forgot about "Portal". That would actually be the winner b/c for a while, it was given away (for free) by Steam for the full version. :cool: No one can beat that unless there's another free game with 90+/100 and more than 4.8 GB. :D

But, it's a Valve product, on a Valve service.

Free self promotion's cheating!

I think I'm down for a Borderlands 4 pack if anyone has one started. Can I just use a credit card through PayPal or how does one typically do it?

Edit: NM, just bought it. :)

Last edited:
I picked up Borderlands + DLC, Killing Floor, and Trials 2 today.

I've got to say that Flatout: Ultimate Carnage for $2 is probably my favorite deal so far. That game was completely under my radar and turned out to be great.

*raises a glass

It was a fun ride guys...

Only missed out on Witcher, and ID Super Pack, Mass Effect 2, and Dragon Age Complete, that I wanted, got everything else basically.

*raises a glass

It was a fun ride guys...

Only missed out on Witcher, and ID Super Pack, Mass Effect 2, and Dragon Age Complete, that I wanted, got everything else basically.

You saw ME2 is back today, right?

Damn, I wanted to buy the Borderlands DLC but I have a retail edition of Borderlands.

Don't really want buy it again just for steam. Probably a good thing, the reviews for the DLC's arnt anything spectacular.

Damn, I wanted to buy the Borderlands DLC but I have a retail edition of Borderlands.

Don't really want buy it again just for steam. Probably a good thing, the reviews for the DLC's arnt anything spectacular.
um what? only Moxxi has low reviews while the other two are rated very high. heck reviews consider the other two to be as good or better than the original game.

Ha, I didn't get anything but l4d2 :(
nothing else sparked my interest, or I had in retail form.

So far :
Thief 3
Civ4+exp's.
Borderlands + 3 DLC
Osmos
Global Agenda

I am on the fence about LFD2. I have never played a LFD game ever. Should I start with 1 or go straight to 2? Should I not even buy either? What about killing floor?

I've seen in the comments here or on another forum I can't recall. But i've heard they're very different games.

Back