Steam 2015 summer sale is here! runs from June 11th to June 22th!

I understand that completely, but when Valve takes a 30% cut, I think they owe it to their uses to make sure devs are using their platform to rob Valve's customers.

A few bad apples? I think your confused, most of these apples are rotten but if you pick through them carefully enough you can find a few good ones.

As I state above, for their 30% cut on everything sold on their service I think they owe it to their customers to make sure the devs are ripping off Valve's customers.

I realize Valve doesn't give a rats ass about their customers, as long as we keep buying from them, but that doesn't mean it's right.

If EA were to have been the one to first allow early access, and the let the garbage through that Steam has they would be being crucified on these forums on a daily basis.

Don't get me wrong, I love Steam but that doesn't mean I have to agree with everything they do.

I understand where you are coming from but I think the problem is not enough people are speaking with there wallets. I personally wont buy an early access game period even if its a game that everyone says is great and has no issues. I dont want to support the early access system so I will wait for it to actually release before I buy it.

People are shelling out cash like crazy for these games so it would be foolish for Valve not to try and get a peice of that pie. If more people refused to buy early access games maybe the developers and or Valve will have to rethink how they are being handled. As it is now though people cant seem to buy them fast enough even when they are complete trash and almost unplayable.

I understand where you are coming from but I think the problem is not enough people are speaking with there wallets. I personally wont buy an early access game period even if its a game that everyone says is great and has no issues. I dont want to support the early access system so I will wait for it to actually release before I buy it.

People are shelling out cash like crazy for these games so it would be foolish for Valve not to try and get a peice of that pie. If more people refused to buy early access games maybe the developers and or Valve will have to rethink how they are being handled. As it is now though people cant seem to buy them fast enough even when they are complete trash and almost unplayable.

Yep, we will be the cause of our own demise, be it early access, DLC, microtransactions, pre-ordering and buggy releases. On the otherhand that still doesn't make me happy that Valve has decided to ride the wave and profit from it as much as possible until it all collapses on itself.

It used to be that people were rewarded, if not paid directly, to alpha and beta test programs, now people line up to pay full price to test them..

So if you leave the game you start over? Seriously?

When I left a few times yesterday, it resumed my play wherever my team was. I left for about 10 minutes after Level 4, rejoined at Level 10. I left again for a while, rejoined at 38 or something. I forgot to shut my system down before I went to Jurassic World and then to bed, woke up this morning and I was still fighting at Level 160 with nearly 7 million gold accrued.

When I left a few times yesterday, it resumed my play wherever my team was. I left for about 10 minutes after Level 4, rejoined at Level 10. I left again for a while, rejoined at 38 or something. I forgot to shut my system down before I went to Jurassic World and then to bed, woke up this morning and I was still fighting at Level 160 with nearly 7 million gold accrued.

Yeah, that's what I thought, but the earlier post made me wonder.

Thanks!

So if you leave the game you start over? Seriously?

No, you only start over after your whole "team" gets wiped out. As I said earlier, my team made it to level 110 before getting wiped out. I couldn't get back in to start a new game after that, though.

The team's a little more powerful now (you get coins for beating bosses and stuff that you can use for upgrades in your "next life"). A little over 2 hours in and we're already at level 185.

No, you only start over after your whole "team" gets wiped out. As I said earlier, my team made it to level 110 before getting wiped out. I couldn't get back in to start a new game after that, though.

The team's a little more powerful now (you get coins for beating bosses and stuff that you can use for upgrades in your "next life"). A little over 2 hours in and we're already at level 185.

Are you guys getting back in say, the next day, and picking up where you left off? I only got to play for a few hours before getting to about level 50 last night, but it would suck if I have to start all over when I get home tonight.

Also, what you are guys doing so far as upgrades in those games? Do you mix up elementals for instance or focus on one or two since they cost a lot pretty quickly.

What do you think the chances of the controller going on sale is?

Wolfenstein the new order is it worth $14.95 ??

For what it is, I think so. It's a "classic" style shooter with some interesting mechanics. There's depth in trying to unlock certain skills (the game calls them "perks"), and some limited replay value if you want to see both potential timelines (that's not a spoiler).

If you've played any FPS before Call of Duty and liked it, then yeah, I'd say jump right in.

Any of the lego games worth getting for the kids to play? What is the difficulty rating on these?

Thought I'd drop in and tell sickb0y his efforts on these threads are always appreciated...:).

You might want to look below the flash sale items...there's actually 30, but they force you to click on 'show all' every time you visit the page.

Was rather happy to pick up The New Order at the current price, but saddened when I went to download it. 44GB's...I've been downloading for hours and I'm about half done!

Best Regards,

Liquid Cool

Any of the lego games worth getting for the kids to play? What is the difficulty rating on these?

I'd say the LEGO games are great fun - lends itself to a living-room experience (big TV, everyone on the couch, etc.) so if you have controllers I think it'll work out just fine.

Never worry about the difficulty level on LEGO games ;)

Wolfenstein: The Old Blood is an expansion. Why the fuck is it 34 gigs. I mean, is this shit even necessary.

Wolfenstein: The Old Blood is an expansion. Why the fuck is it 34 gigs. I mean, is this shit even necessary.

It's 34 gigs because its a standalone expansion. It's not pulling anything from your Old Blood installation. They probably should have created a DLC version... but alas... this is what we get.

The game companies are in cahoots with SSD and HDD manufacturers. Western Digital paid Rockstar $100 Million to make GTA V 60GB so that people would need to buy additional storage sooner*.

*This may or may not be true²

²It's not true.

It's 34 gigs because its a standalone expansion. It's not pulling anything from your Old Blood installation.

You mean TNO. :)

Picked up X-Plane 10. I've been wanting to for many years, and finally had to grab it. It was either that, or reinstall FSX and a ton of add-ons. Might as well take this chance to flip over to a supported FS (Prepar3D isn't really supported, either and I'm not waiting for Dovetail to reinvent FSX). It was $30 instead of $60.

If the Evil within' goes down in the next ten minutes update it's 14.99 might pick up that or Borderlands......

you've got to be kidding me...Evil Within was on sale for $20.39 during the Steam Winter Sale and now it just went up on the Summer Sale for $29.99...what the hell Valve??

EDIT: looks like it's $14.99...the main page shows $29.99 but the game page itself shows $14.99

Nothing interesting......I'm sure there are some Gems I missed but could care less. I tired the Demo for The Evil Within wasn't really pulled into the game.

Only game I really want is Atilla. I wonder when it's gonna go on sale.

$25 for Borderlands Presequel + Season pass seems like a decent deal?

I was thinking about Grey Goo...how is the Skirmish vs AI?

you've got to be kidding me...Evil Within was on sale for $20.39 during the Steam Winter Sale and now it just went up on the Summer Sale for $29.99...what the hell Valve??

EDIT: looks like it's $14.99...the main page shows $29.99 but the game page itself shows $14.99

Haha, was thinking bout the game. 14.99 for base game.... season pass, all 3 DLCs, for 9.99 ......or you can purchase separately 9.99,9.99,4.99..... :rolleyes:

I might get this so I wont be constipated anymore....:eek::D

Also, Rocksmith 2014....Good price or not? 26.99

Heads up to anyone running a display over 60hz:

Wolfenstien games are capped @ 60hz.

Picked up Outlast, Homeworld, and Wasteland 2.

Me happy. :)

My 8 year old nephew is addicted to the LEGO games... and Limbo. He's being raised right.

That seems to happen a lot when things first turn over. I know Wolfenstein was doing it yesterday for a few minutes.

More importantly, you do know that Valve has nothing to do with any of these prices, right?

Back