Steam 2013 summer sale is here!

Anyone trading the summer getaway cards?

I have only gotten 3 different cards and bloody two of each of them.

I have the Skyrim, Dead Island Riptide, and Kerbal trading cards, would like to trade one of each for something else.

I have the Skyrim, Dead Island Riptide, and Kerbal trading cards, would like to trade one of each for something else.
Sell 'em. Wait a day. Buy the ones you're missing, and still have an extra $0.10 in your account.

the summer trading cards are cheap as hell right now. ~$0.15 and they seem to be dropping in price every single day.

pm sent

Everyone do yourselves a favor and get Rising Storm. Awesome "realish" FPS made by an awesome company.

I'll trade a Reus for your Dead Island Riptide.

Skyrim SHOULD be like 10 bucks lol

Why? Its a good game. What's with the entitlement lately that every game has to be $5 or $2.99 or the sale is "shit". I dont get the mentality- it goes beyond simply wanting to get a good deal and save money, some people almost seem like angry, door crashing black friday shoppers out for blood.

Last edited:
Eh...no. But $35 is pretty steep considering how long ago it came out.

This is the version with all the DLC included. However, I am rather disappointed how they set the prices on the separate DLC. Totally screw over people who bought the base game more expensive by limiting the discount on the DLC. But I suppose those higher individual prices are set that way to help 'justify' the $35 price tag on the complete edition. Suppose I'll just wait for some random sale on it since I know I've seen it cheaper than this in the past.

Why? Its a good game. What's with the entitlement lately that every game has to be $5 or $2.99 or the sale is "shit". I dont get the mentality- it goes beyond simply wanting to get a good deal and save money, some people almost seem like angry, door crashing black friday shoppers out for blood.

I think it just has to do with people waiting on sales expecting some amazing discount and being disappointed when the discounted price isn't as good as they were expecting or they see sale prices that are more expensive than prices they've seen on random sales in the past.

It's like if you were a kid and you wanted Super Mario Bros. 3 for Christmas really bad, but every present you opened was something else. Then Grandma comes over for Christmas dinner and you suddenly gain hope that her present is SMB3, then you unwrap your gift and it's some crappy Gameboy Mario game and you don't even own a Gameboy. So you now feel all frustrated and don't know how to handle yourself. Not that I feel that way, but that is how I imagine some people must feel.

Last edited:
Why? Its a good game. What's with the entitlement lately that every game has to be $5 or $2.99 or there's this attitude that the sale is "shit". Embarrassing.

Because that is what makes the Steam Summer Sale? These games go on "sale" often enough, but the summer sale brings out those of us who are looking for major deals (and those who will buy more than one game at a time).

The sale price is $2.99, where did you snatch it up for far less than $2.99?

Probably going to get Mark of the Ninja today, still on the fence about Castle Crashers from yesterday. I'm intrigued by it, but haven't heard if it's decent or not.

Alan Wake was in a humble bundle recently, I got the base game, the dlc, and bonus stuff for about $2.50. I think there was a $1 min to get steam keys.

More like we have 100 other games on the backlog and it's not a priority to pay less than 50% off for them. I don't see a whole lot of people getting "angry" about it, just disappointed at the most.

And no one said Skyrim should be $5 or less. At this point I would say....$15 for the base game, maybe $25 with all the DLC.

Yeah, it is a good game. It's also almost 2 years old.

Well I think part of it is they have seen the games for a better price in the past and the summer sale is supposed to be the sale to beat all sales so it should be less. Also I think a big part of it is they have been doing these sales for a while now and people have been able to stockpile large backlogs. When they first started the sale everyone thought it was great because they could get all these games that were only $5. Now they have all the games that continuously go for $5 but all they remember about the sale was buying all these awesome games for only $5 and are pissed when a newer game like Bioshock isn't on sale for $5.

Well I think part of it is they have seen the games for a better price in the past and the summer sale is supposed to be the sale to beat all sales so it should be less. Also I think a big part of it is they have been doing these sales for a while now and people have been able to stockpile large backlogs. When they first started the sale everyone thought it was great because they could get all these games that were only $5. Now they have all the games that continuously go for $5 but all they remember about the sale was buying all these awesome games for only $5 and are pissed when a newer game like Bioshock isn't on sale for $5.

Wrong, Winter Sale is the biggest Steam sale.

How do you get the item on a card? I have a card for the Mantis ship in FTL. I can't figure out how to use it.

So an opinion on a game is how we value game prices? We might as well say all games suck and get them for a dollar.

It should be cheap.. Considering how long its been out.

I guess he didn't like it, no accounting for taste eh?

I, for one, think Skyrim is one of the best games I have ever played, and I didn't really like the other ES games.

So an opinion on a game is how we value game prices? We might as well say all games suck and get them for a dollar.

It should be cheap.. Considering how long its been out.

Wow...That is a really silly statement. Of course people base value on how good they think a game is. Where the heck have you been the last few decades?

Age can have some factor on value, but quality is still very important. So is how well it sells at it's current price point. Why should Bethesda lower the price if they're still making money from it as is?

And no one said Skyrim should be $5 or less. At this point I would say....$15 for the base game, maybe $25 with all the DLC.

Yeah, it is a good game. It's also almost 2 years old.

let's see if the market agrees with you. skyrim legendary is $36 right now. I bet it doesn't go below $31 in the next 365 days. let's see if the market agrees with ME.

Probably going to get Mark of the Ninja today, still on the fence about Castle Crashers from yesterday. I'm intrigued by it, but haven't heard if it's decent or not.

Mark of the Ninja is awesome and worth that price easy. I finished it not too long ago. Castle Crashers is loads of fun too. I'm tempted to buy it again even though I own it on the 360. If you liked those old school beat em ups like Final Fight, AvP, The Simpsons Arcade Game, or X-Men you'll probably like this too. It has RPG like elements added as well and good humor.

let's see if the market agrees with you. skyrim legendary is $36 right now. I bet it doesn't go below $31 in the next 365 days. let's see if the market agrees with ME.

You seriously think the game won't drop $5 over a YEAR?

Considering the Legendary Edition just came out a month or so ago at $60, and is now $35, I'd say that's a bet you're likely to lose.

Yeah all these indie games has me finally opening that wireless 360 controller I bought in the winter lmao.

Bought Terraria for $2.50.

Lol, I can't believe it took 600 posts for this to get a mention. Such a great game...I guess anyone who wanted to play it already has because this thing provides a ridiculous price/fun/content ratio for $2.50. I've got 61 hours logged and haven't even gotten to most of the "good stuff" (taking my time, not rushing, exploring). I've seen people with over 200 hours in it. Compare that with your standard 8-12 hour playthrough of most games and you can see what a deal it is for $2.50. Plus you're not on rails and everything is totally random, so no two worlds will be the same.

As far as Skyrim, no comment there as I haven't played it, but I think it's easy to get spoiled by huge games with tons of DLC like Fallout 3 and New Vegas that you can pick up on the cheap and have so much content. People want to see that with Skyrim, too. On the other hand, you have the publishers of the CoD games that are milking that series for all it's worth...they know the games are popular so you see the same base game 2 years after release for $30 rather than $5-$10 like they really need to be.

Lol, I can't believe it took 600 posts for this to get a mention. Such a great game...I guess anyone who wanted to play it already has because this thing provides a ridiculous price/fun/content ratio for $2.50. I've got 61 hours logged and haven't even gotten to most of the "good stuff" (taking my time, not rushing, exploring). I've seen people with over 200 hours in it. Compare that with your standard 8-12 hour playthrough of most games and you can see what a deal it is for $2.50. Plus you're not on rails and everything is totally random, so no two worlds will be the same.

A buddy of mine and myself played together and finished the game (storywise), we played Minecraft religiously beforehand and we still managed to get 90-100 hours out of the game.

The boss fights are a cool addition to a building game.

Is the Civ5 Gold Edition bundle worth the extra few bucks? Or should I just stick with the vanilla copy and purchase Brave New World down the line?

wish Aliens Colonies was 5.00 :p not going to pay 12 after reading all the bad reviews

Is the Civ5 Gold Edition bundle worth the extra few bucks? Or should I just stick with the vanilla copy and purchase Brave New World down the line?

Gold doesn't include Brave New World, but it is worth getting. The Gods and Kings expansion adds a ton of depth and fixes to Civ V, really making it a much better game. Whether it's your first Civ title or you're a long time fan of the series I'd say Civ V is worth getting.

Gold doesn't include Brave New World, but it is worth getting. The Gods and Kings expansion adds a ton of depth and fixes to Civ V, really making it a much better game. Whether it's your first Civ title or you're a long time fan of the series I'd say Civ V is worth getting.

Brilliant, thanks!

Absolutely, I definitely think its worth the extra $. Not only for Gods & Kings, but for quality DLC races like Polynesia & Vikings

Do you think I will see Grid 2 again? I need a racing game. I love GT5 but I gotta move on.

I would say lofty expectations are to blame, and I am guilty as charged.

anyone have a copy from the OMD2 2-pack to sell? or if you want one i can buy a 2-pack and gift to you. i have plenty of heat under ekuest.

also i added the deus ex pack to my cart yesterday, went to look for other stuff to buy, and didnt find anything and forgot to check out. super bummed i missed that awesome deal as i didnt have any of those games yet. hopefully it comes back on the last day.

G&K was already very good, "arguably" the best Civ game. BNW is good too, but it's maybe a bit overkill on the number of systems in the game.

this time has been pretty meh for me. and now it's just the same titles rotating back and forth for the most part.

Picked up Mark of The Ninja and Alan Wake tonight and Supreme Commander Gold a few days ago. I've never had a more varied set of games going in my library, hah

Is it me or is this turning out to be a pretty bad sale? So far, I couldn't give a shit about any of the games on offer...

EDIT - Nevermind. I got Alan Wake for the same price as the summer sale. Same thing I mentioned above still holds though.

Maybe you just already have all the games you want? I've bought about 10 games so far. Alan Wake was extremely overrated in my opinion but maybe you'll enjoy it more.

Back