Steam 2013 summer sale is here!

Dat jaded feeling when you own all the flash sale items, the community choice and all the worthwhile titles in the daily deals section. :eek:
Plus one... now I'm hunting through DLC that is worthwhile or indie titles for fun...

Need to find hard drive space for some of the big one's I picked up. :cool:

Is TWD + 400 Days worth it at this price?

Plus to KickAssCop's reply as well... at the sale price and 5 bucks for the DLC, well worth it, great game and I will day one purchase the second season.

:cool:

The Dead Island game for $20 is disappointing. It should have been $10-12.75.

Supply and demand. When a game hasn't fallen to the pricepoint you feel it deserves, blame all the people that are paying asking price. Thats why games like Skyrim aren't swirling the drain at $5 like some of the other stuff

I'm a little late to the party, but good to see Steam with another seasonal sale. And thank you, Sickb0y, for doing a great job once again for documenting the daily and flash sales. :cool:

So far picked up:
Defiance Deluxe
Poker Night 2
Fallout New Vegas ultimate
Torchlight II
Borderlands stuff (even tho i have yet to play or install it)
Borderlands 2 psycho pack (and all related psycho DLC)
BL2 Mechomancer pack,
BL2 collectors edition pack
BL2 Creatures of Slaugherdome

Never played any of the Dark Souls game. Is the Windows version a crappy port or worth picking up?

It is a crappy port however the mods for it at the Dark Souls Nexus more than make up for it. It becomes "proper" after some light modding. Still an amazing experience and a whole lot of game for $7.50.

I'm a little late to the party, but good to see Steam with another seasonal sale. And thank you, Sickb0y, for doing a great job once again for documenting the daily and flash sales. :cool:

welcome :)

Also flash deals have disappeared from the front page :confused:

reading your reviews for the walking dead, looked over and it said 00:00 time left. I refreshed, deal dead. damn it.

Not too much damage to my wallet this year. Only picked up the following:

Football Manager 2013 ($9.99)
Dust: AET ($7.49)
Universe Sandbox (gifted to me)
Kerbal Space Program ($13.49)
Fallout: NV Ultimate Edition ($4.99)

I think the biggest reason this sale is sucking for me is - I've already got all the games I want. I haven't seen any games on steam whether on sale or not that I want that I don't already have.

reading your reviews for the walking dead, looked over and it said 00:00 time left. I refreshed, deal dead. damn it.

I think usually in the last day they bring back the deals. So you'll probably have another chance.

Agreed. Not a good deal at all.

I've just finished a game and the usual ad went up saying Riptide "-50%-75%" in the same green box. What does that mean? Is it just an error or the game was 75% off at some point during the last days?

Never played any of the Dark Souls game. Is the Windows version a crappy port or worth picking up?

It's crappy in the sense that they used GWFL and didn't give the graphics a proper remaster. However, the game itself is rock solid and I've never had any kind of crashes. You just need to install one ridiculously easy mod (DSFix) in order to make the game look the best it can.

It's crappy in the sense that they used GWFL and didn't give the graphics a proper remaster. However, the game itself is rock solid and I've never had any kind of crashes. You just need to install one ridiculously easy mod (DSFix) in order to make the game look the best it can.

The controls are absolutely terrible in Dark Souls on PC as well if you use mouse/keyboard. If you use the third party mod its a little better but still a disgrace for a port.

Yeah season pass was $10.19 for 2 days. Borderlands 2 was the same price at the time. (7/13-7/15)

I've just finished a game and the usual ad went up saying Riptide "-50%-75%" in the same green box. What does that mean? Is it just an error or the game was 75% off at some point during the last days?

I think it's only been 50% off and that's probably the best we'll see since it's a Daily Deal.

ok well no one replied to me about a OMD2 complete pack, so i'm gonna go ahead and buy one and if anyone wants the second copy for $5 just PM me. :)

Ugh, I linked my Dark Souls game to a Windows Live! account which won't allow me to log on due to an inappropriate Gamertag (I used "OneLeggedPimp") and now despite having created a new account (since it wouldn't let me change the name of my original account) now I can't save during the game because the key has been associated with my old account. Stupid Windows Live. How do I go about getting a new key for my Dark Souls game?

That sucks, just try contacting ms support and explain, they should let you change your gamertag name for free (IIRC it cost 800ms points to change it through the "edit profile" button when you sign in).

That sucks, just try contacting ms support and explain, they should let you change your gamertag name for free (IIRC it cost 800ms points to change it through the "edit profile" button when you sign in).
@Jalidi, You get one free name change unless that's been used. Especially since they allowed it originally, they should do it for free. Just have a name ready that you've checked is free or they'll do the random name gen thing. If they do that anyway, ask for them to put back your one-time free bee name change, too.

Picked up two copies of Anno 2070 last night (for me & the wife). It's been on my radar since release, and it's never really dropped below that $15 price point . Got the $25 packs for all the DLC, guess we'll see how it works out.

Finally pulled the trigger on RAGE also. Figured for $5 it can't be THAT bad. Of course, I thought that about DNF also.

So far i have bought $66.97 worth of games:

Sleeping Dogs
Max Payne 3 (ROW)
Dishonored (ROW)
Hitman Absolution Professional
Left 4 Dead 2
Arma 2 Complete Collection
Darksiders II
Sniper II

Bought Rage, Evoland, and Crysis 2 because I woke up in the middle of the night wanting to spend money.

Thinking back on it, should have ordered a hooker. Oh well, I bet I can get that 10 minutes out of those games.

Bought Rage, Evoland, and Crysis 2 because I woke up in the middle of the night wanting to spend money.

Thinking back on it, should have ordered a hooker. Oh well, I bet I can get that 10 minutes out of those games.

Crysis 2 gets a lot of crap and I'm still not entirely sure why. I mean, no it didn't ship with DX11, but 90% of the people complaining about it probably can't turn on the DX11 features and still maintain playable framerates anyway. The game looks fantastic with the DX11 patch.

I got more than my money's worth out of it and I paid $60 for it at release. I put probably 40-50 hours into the multiplayer in the month or two after release, maybe more. I don't know. I also didn't mind the "linear" single player campaign, but the whole "linear story mode" thing doesn't bother me as much as it does some other people.

Uh oh, add Dirt 3 to list for me now.

I can't even keep track at this point...

At least van helsing is available now since it missed on the community vote.

That will be my first pick up. Still waiting for cs go to come back around

Back