Steam 2012 Summer Sale 7/12-22!

I swear anyone who does should be banned. And shot out of a cannon. Into the Sun.

when it comes to banning all the people who bought cheap games and then try to resell them at higher prices after the sale on FS/FT should be banned.

You guys think arma2 will go any lower? $24 is still too pricey. Only want to get it for DayZ.

You guys think arma2 will go any lower? $24 is still too pricey. Only want to get it for DayZ.

Not expecting anything, but I'm waiting until the very last day to find out. I'm in no hurry, but it's the last game on my list.

I swear anyone who does should be banned. And shot out of a cannon. Into the Sun.

when it comes to banning all the people who bought cheap games and then try to resell them at higher prices after the sale on FS/FT should be banned.

Agreement all around.

I would wait. If nothing else you can buy it on Monday (last day of the sale).

I wish they wouldn't advertise STALKER Call of Pripyat at $3.74 on the store front when that deal is only for people who own one of the past games on steam. However, I should have known that trick by now after passing on a few other STALKER sales with the same bs.

tried to add my boxed copy of shadow but of course it wouldnt work. still bought Pripyat though. $5 is still a good deal on it

tried to add my boxed copy of shadow but of course it wouldnt work. still bought Pripyat though. $5 is still a good deal on it

I have a number of games that are boxed version that don't register on steam. So disappointing. I have been going through and buying digital copies of many of them just to reduce clutter. When you move a lot, having 3-4 boxes of just old PC equipment and games gets rather tiring hauling around.

for me , the most incredible thing in this sale , is how Arma 2 stays in the top 10 even at just 20% off.

incredible

for me , the most incredible thing in this sale , is how Arma 2 stays in the top 10 even at just 20% off.

incredible

It's a good value! (If you play the actual game and not just DayZ, anyway)

:p

Best thing about ArmA 2 is that there is a HUGE amount of community and mod support, as well as direct developer support and feedback.

It's a good value! (If you play the actual game and not just DayZ, anyway)

:p

Best thing about ArmA 2 is that there is a HUGE amount of community and mod support, as well as direct developer support and feedback.

I totally agree with you. Ive been playing DayZ exclusively so far , and just DayZ itself justified the purchase for me. Im not very interested in the military shooter , but DayZ is an UHmazing game.

I totally agree with you. Ive been playing DayZ exclusively so far , and just DayZ itself justified the purchase for me. Im not very interested in the military shooter , but DayZ is an UHmazing game.

I'm holding out for someone to do a copycat of this mod or something similar on another games engine lol

I have a number of games that are boxed version that don't register on steam. So disappointing. I have been going through and buying digital copies of many of them just to reduce clutter. When you move a lot, having 3-4 boxes of just old PC equipment and games gets rather tiring hauling around.
I hear ya. I think I tossed out some 30 or 40 games a year ago and gave away a bunch of old computer parts and a Pentium II Win98 box. You gotta let it go sooner or later.

Sounds promising. I have a few friends bugging me to pick it up, it appears most of my Minecraft buddies have moved to DayZ.

I'm holding out for someone to do a copycat of this mod or something similar on another games engine lol

There is talk of a standalone version coming in September. However, I can't see it being anything but a cut-down version of ArmA 2 packaged with DayZ pre-installed. Basically like Iron Front: Liberation 1944.

It will be ported to ArmA 3 (which already looks like a vast engine improvement over ArmA 2) but I wouldn't bet on any other engine. Plus, Rocket (guy who invented it) works for BIS (guys who make ArmA), so it'll probably stick with them. As it should...the engine is perfect for this type of game, in spite of the bugs which are mostly DayZ related, but sometimes ArmA 2.

This is the first time I see all 3 Stalkers in the same bundle. Previously I had to buy one of them separately, Clear Sky if I recalled correctly. Regardless, I think its worth it, its a very unique kind of FPS.

Hell there's a mod for SoC that's still in development.

http://www.tecnobacon.com/

I got all three of them in a bundle during last years summer sale.

It was $19.99 on Amazon last time I looked. I'm not sure if that is still the case or not though.

Bought the Grand Theft Auto Package for 12 dollars. Mostly so I could have a PC version (already have it on xbox) I want to experiment with the ICE enhancer package.

Either way I have all the GTA's now -- c'mon GTA5!

ooooOOOOooo Anno 2070 is on the voting block.

And btw, there's only so many times I can resist SR3 on sale apparently.... just bit on it :p

Hmm I've been reading up on Crusader Kings II... wish I had grabbed that when it was at a discount that second day. Maybe it'll come back around, if not this time, then for the Halloween sales, and if not that, then definitely Xmas sales. Been having a blast with Saints Row the Third though! Been the best purchase so far for me, though I got it with all of the DLCs; it's still available as a Flash Sale for another hour and a half, too.

F.U., Valve!

I pitched you $5 for Hot Pursuit just so I wouldn't have to use a separate Impulse (now GameStop) launcher.

Now make it up to me and make some of the other NFS games available on Steam.

Seen it last week but it doesn't activate on steam. Im a steam whore. Lol

As has been said multiple times in the thread: if you want maximum compatibility with mods and the ability to use all of the game's beta patches, you don't want the Steam version.

F.U., Valve!

I pitched you $5 for Hot Pursuit just so I wouldn't have to use a separate Impulse (now GameStop) launcher.

How do you suggest they do that? That's not up to Valve genius, it's up to EA.

F.U., Valve!

They have Shift (and Shift 2, at least I got Shift 2 there, don't see it on the mobile site for some reason)..and the Shift series are the best I heard, for more realism at least. The Run seemed kinda "Meh", so you aren't missing much. The others aren't for download I believe(Like Most Wanted (1))

I found Hot Pursuit to be the funnest when I just want to drive some nice cars really fast. Shift 2 is really fun when I want to play seriously/play something slightly challenging with pretty good tuning.

They have Shift (and Shift 2, at least I got Shift 2 there, don't see it on the mobile site for some reason)..and the Shift series are the best I heard, for more realism at least. The Run seemed kinda "Meh", so you aren't missing much. The others aren't for download I believe(Like Most Wanted (1))

I found Hot Pursuit to be the funnest when I just want to drive some nice cars really fast. Shift 2 is really fun when I want to play seriously/play something slightly challenging with pretty good tuning.

Yeah, I have Shift 1 and 2 and Undercover but I wish they'd bring back some of the older games like NFS1: SE, 2: SE, High Stakes, Porsche Unleashed (there is a big fan base out there wishing for that one), Underground, Underground2, Most Wanted, etc. The others like Carbon, ProStreet, aren't really must-haves but the earlier games were excellent IMO.

Too bad they don't have more indie titles on the flash sales. So far most of the flash sales have been games that I already own, don't have interest in, or the sale price isn't good enough. I'd really like to see a better sale on A Valley Without Wind.

Is The Darkness 2 any good? Screens look okay but I haven't really seen or heard anything about it...

I've only been half paying attention to this sale but I finally had my first purchase with Dead Space 2 (already had 1) and the Thief collection. I have Thief 2 on CD but for the price, can't beat the accessibility of simply downloading the game(s).

It's only 1/2 way through the sale and I'm already sick of it. I wish they'd put all the deals up at once so I can buy everything I want and be done with it.

Dang I missed Need for Speed Hot Persuit for $5 if anyone has a spare copy I would Pay Pal you the funds please pm me. Just got home from work.

Thanks

Just grabbed SimCity 4 and Bastion. Great !

Add this to Trine 2 and the remaining DLC and maps for Civ 5 to complete my set.

So far so good... and all for under 20$.

Now please Steam : 75% off Titan Quest ! :cool:

What annoys me about this sale is that the same games keep appearing under community's choice and flash deals, while others never make it there once.

Back