Steam 2012 Summer Sale 7/12-22!

SIM City 4! WTF!!

I thought for sure Anno 2070 would win and I could pick it up. Oh well, just have to keep my eyes open for it later on.

What annoys me about this sale is that the same games keep appearing under community's choice and flash deals, while others never make it there once.

And that's how you know who paid to have their game pushed and that the community is a rigged joke.

Paid 2.49 for Stalker:Clear Sky.Enjoyed the first one and at that price could not let it pass by

And that's how you know who paid to have their game pushed and that the community is a rigged joke.

Tinfoil hat time! ;)

I'm sure some devs are more flexible with pricing than others, and certain games are bigger sellers ... it's just how business works. Most of the Community and Flash deals will pop up as Daily Deals too. I'm actually happy some of the games have been repeats because I missed them earlier in the week.

Giants Citizen Kabuto is another type of quirky gem we probably wouldn't see from a major studio today,

great game. I still had the disk for it until a couple months ago when I cleaned out my closet.

The neighbor's teenager really scored - I was carrying with about 20 really good games (most a few years old) to my car to take to goodwill and saw him. Just handed him the whole box.

I haven't bought anything yet. Guess I am just being cheap but don't see myself playing any game on sale so far that has been under $20.

so which to vote for........I'm open for any of them!

And Risen 2 for 33% off.... I thought I saw it for the sale price yesterday anyway.......

Axe

great game. I still had the disk for it until a couple months ago when I cleaned out my closet.

The neighbor's teenager really scored - I was carrying with about 20 really good games (most a few years old) to my car to take to goodwill and saw him. Just handed him the whole box.

That rules! Like many here, I don't really have the space to keep a lot of games (they'd end up in the attic or basement in a box) but I'm jelly. Good on you - hopefully he plays and enjoys them. I would have loved for someone to have handed me a big box o' games back in the day.

Maybe you can ask what kind of computer he has and help him with upgrades. :) Hopefully he doesn't have some laptop with integrated graphics!

I haven't bought anything yet. Guess I am just being picky but don't see myself playing any game on sale so far that has been under $20.

FTFY

Seriously, I wish I had your self control. Out of everything that's been on sale, you haven't seen anything under $20 that you'd want to play? Wow...tons of good gaming to be had so far, even/especially considering the cheaper titles.

I think I could count on both hands how many times a computer game made me almost die laughing while playing a single player game.

Giants Citizen Kabuto was one of those. The "Timmah!" thing... for whatever reason... completely killed me for about ten minutes the first time I saw it.

I created a custom sound scheme using the sound bytes from Giants: Citizen Kabuto. That was one of the greatest games I've ever played. Still have it on CD somewhere but would purchase it on Steam in a heartbeat.

I've seen plenty of games under $20 that I would play, but with such a huge backlog of games I have yet to play, my purchase limit even for games I want is $5.

If they put up Giants: Citizen Kabuto with working Steamworks MP...holy shit that would be epic.

Or even better...Kickstarter to create a sequel. :eek:

Is LA Noire good?After max Payne 3 I have some new gained respect for Rockstar games.

It's good, but a much different style of game. Expect more detective work and less shooting things. There are driving and shooting sequences but nothing that other games haven't done before/better. I enjoyed the interrogation sequences and the excellent character animations, though.

okay voted for PAYDAY - just because at 75% off it will be 4.99 and I'd probably buy it.
But, I don't think I would actually buy FABLE III at 12.50, since I'm saving for ARMA 2 still :)

Axe

It's good, but a much different style of game. Expect more detective work and less shooting things. There are driving and shooting sequences but nothing that other games haven't done before/better. I enjoyed the interrogation sequences and the excellent character animations, though.

I am more interested in the story,i want to buy it if it has an engrossing story

For those that miss The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is back on sale for $29.79 expires 12 AM PST

Last edited:
Is this a good deal? Isn't there an xpac or something coming out? I have a slight backlog of games but really want to pickup skyrim.

Is the best as its going to get it. It's been on sale twice this week 7-14-2012 and 7-17-2012 for the same price of 29.79

Is this a good deal? Isn't there an xpac or something coming out? I have a slight backlog of games but really want to pickup skyrim.

It is a smoking deal to be honest. Awesome game. Yes it will probably be $19.99 about two years from now, but the mod community is so big at the moment it will not be below this for some time.

Way worth the price man.

Also see that L.A. Noire is on sale for $4.99. Or pick up all the DLC's and game for $7.49

I am more interested in the story,i want to buy it if it has an engrossing story

Its a good story. Not something that will suck you in like a great novel, but I was pretty motivated to get through the entire game in a few days. The gameplay is sort of clunky, so all the game really has is the story and interrogations :p

Told myself I wouldn't buy anything this time round (still haven't played anything I got from the Christmas 2011 sale..) but finally gave in and got the Stardock pack. Always wanted to try Sins of the Solar Empire.

Is Dragon Age: Origins a good deal for $5? I know one of them is great, and one is crap. I am thinking DA II was the one everybody said sucked, and Origins is good. I actually ordered both of them from Amazon when they were on sale a couple of weeks ago. I can't download them, and Amazon doesn't seem interested in helping me figure out why.

Then again, if I've got Skyrim (which I do now), should I bother with DA: O, or is it just more of the same?

Is Dragon Age: Origins a good deal for $5? I know one of them is great, and one is crap. I am thinking DA II was the one everybody said sucked, and Origins is good. I actually ordered both of them from Amazon when they were on sale a couple of weeks ago. I can't download them, and Amazon doesn't seem interested in helping me figure out why.

Then again, if I've got Skyrim (which I do now), should I bother with DA: O, or is it just more of the same?

DA:O is one of the best recent rpgs out there. It's much more like an older crpg, very good characters, dialogue, storyline. Good "epic" feeling quest and everything.

DAII was stripped down, lost a lot of it's flavor and didn't have nearly as an epic feeling as DA:O has.

As far as downloading goes, since you bought both from amazon you shoudl be able to simple take your cd keys that Amazon lists for you and plug them into Origin and it will activate/download from there as well if the Amazon downloader isn't working, I'd give that a try first.

Does anybody else hate all these sales on F2P MMO "starter" packs? I think they are a pile of crap and take up good sales slots... Are people actually buying them? Especially the DCUO one? I mean it hasn't even cracked the top 20 on games under $10...

As far as downloading goes, since you bought both from amazon you shoudl be able to simple take your cd keys that Amazon lists for you and plug them into Origin and it will activate/download from there as well if the Amazon downloader isn't working, I'd give that a try first.

But I don't have Origin, nor do I want Origin. They gave me the option to get a full refund, which I am going to do.

Does anybody else hate all these sales on F2P MMO "starter" packs? I think they are a pile of crap and take up good sales slots... Are people actually buying them? Especially the DCUO one? I mean it hasn't even cracked the top 20 on games under $10...

bizzle seems to think its a good deal if you play the game. To be honest the tribes one was pretty tempting. Lifetime double xp etc. In their defense from what I understand tribes and DCU are two of the better run F2P titles. I can't speak for AOE

Sweet the current vote is all stuff I want

Longest journey
Next Big Thing
Puzzle agent

Last edited:
Yeah, I have Shift 1 and 2 and Undercover but I wish they'd bring back some of the older games like NFS1: SE, 2: SE, High Stakes, Porsche Unleashed (there is a big fan base out there wishing for that one), Underground, Underground2, Most Wanted, etc. The others like Carbon, ProStreet, aren't really must-haves but the earlier games were excellent IMO.

I think those are just too old, I checked on EA's store(origin and before that the regular one) and I couldn't find those old ones to download.

Also I just noticed(only related to NFS in general) Most Wanted (2) is $50 for PC while it's $60 for consoles...hmm EA trying to be nice? :D

bizzle seems to think its a good deal if you play the game. To be honest the tribes one was pretty tempting. Lifetime double xp etc. In their defense from what I understand tribes and DCU are two of the better run F2P titles. I can't speak for AOE

Sweet the current vote is all stuff I want

Longest journey
Next Big Thing
Puzzle agent

Voted on Longest Journey, seems to have very positive reviews.

I'm surprised that Fable 3 is #2. I can only think that a bunch of people have no idea what they're buying, lol.

I'm surprised that Fable 3 is #2. I can only think that a bunch of people have no idea what they're buying, lol.

For $12.49 it's a pretty good deal. Fable 1 is still a good game and really Fable 3 isn't that bad. It has problems that mostly crop up towards the end of the game. Well that and the damn Vsync bug.

Back