STASIS Thermal blocks finally done!

I received my replacement block on Saturday.
Unfortunately, due to a mix up I was not aware that it had come till just this morning so I wasted my day off pining/whining for it but at least I finally have it.

I shan't have a chance to install till Wednesday and since this is the final piece of a long awaited loop redesign it may not actually be put to use till next weekend.
Till then, my fingers are crossed.

sprocket=clocker?

edit: just read ur sig...n/m

hehe

hope it works for ya this time. i couldnt imagine waiting as long as you have
i would have gone crazy.

][V][AGIC said:
is the gpu the same hight as the memory chips? ive always wondered.
the gpu sits slightly higher than the memory
thats why when u see a full coverage block the memory parts are raised up from the rest of the block...

consumer9000 said:
I would like to apologize for the delays and defects some of my customers have encountered in the past month.

In many ways my hands have been tied, as vendor and machine shop delays lead to unacceptable turn around times for RMA fulfillments. While it is wonderful that our economy is growing, it has also lead to significant increases in material and machining costs. Furthermore, it can take 2-3 weeks to get a part after the PO has been issued.

The failiures experienced by several customers have been isolated to a particular batch of units. It appears that while being machined, a 2-56 cut tap was used which lead to a number of issues. Since then all parts have been made using a roll tap. Out of spec, the threaded hole would either fail to effectively retain the stud or to seal it. Such failiures should not occur in the future, and any users that encounter problems with their existing parts are fully covered by the warranty, and will recieve replacement parts free of expense.

I have strived to deliver the best service I can to all my customers, and in large part have suceeded. For those who feel improperly treated or dissatisfied, I apologize again and welcome any correspondence so I can better address their needs and avoid such problems in the future.

Thanks for your patience, business and interest.

The next generation of STASIS parts are being developed...I am pulling out all the stops and will make sure that these parts are as close to perfect as possible.

What stops would you be pulling out , Lower prices ? Faster machine time ? Better QC ? No more need to pre pay ? Prompt responses to problems ? Stocking an inventory ?

Just think a clairifacation of this statement would be nice :) sounds to sales pitchy as it is

I love 90nm! :D I just installed my neptune on my eVGA 79GT and my idle temps are 32C and my load temps dont break 36C..so a dealta of 4C :D Pics to come soon of the setup and temps.

Edit: After closing my window (dunno why) my temps went up from 32 to 34 and load went from 35 to 38. Now, after doing the volt mod to 1.55 on vcore and 2.33 on RAM, i am now hitting 38 on idle and 42 on load. :D

DangerIsGo said:
I love 90nm! :D I just installed my neptune on my eVGA 79GT and my idle temps are 32C and my load temps dont break 36C..so a dealta of 4C :D Pics to come soon of the setup and temps.

Edit: After closing my window (dunno why) my temps went up from 32 to 34 and load went from 35 to 38. Now, after doing the volt mod to 1.55 on vcore and 2.33 on RAM, i am now hitting 38 on idle and 42 on load. :D

yep! wanna see pics!

im getting the same temps as my mcw60 with the stasis thermal.
on 7800gtx 512mb cards in sli.

loop is configured as rad->stasis->mcw60

at least i have a working block now though...

Haste266 said:
im getting the same temps as my mcw60 with the stasis thermal.
on 7800gtx 512mb cards in sli.

loop is configured as rad->stasis->mcw60

at least i have a working block now though...

Awesome! :D

This is idle with stock frequencies (1.55v though)
idlestock.jpg

This is idle with OCed to 490MHz (1.55v)
idleoc.jpg

This is load with stock frequencies (1.55v)
loadstock.jpg

and this is load with OCed frequencies (1.55v)
loadoc.jpg

As you can see, its all 1.55c on Vcore and 2.23 on Vram. The temps will be a little higher becuase of the increased voltage (about 5C, so your stock load is about 38C and your stock idle is about 34C). sorry, i cant bring the voltages back down cuase i dont want to fuck up my connections. Again this is all with the stasis block on my eVGA 7900GT CO with Vcore @ 1.55 and Vram @ 2.23. I put AS5 on the core and Ceramique on the RAM. My idle on my 7800GTX was 32C on a cold day and 38C on warmish day, while load was about 38C on cold day and 45C on warm day. Its about the same but it has a lot more power than compared to that card (since that idle/load stock was 55C/80C!)

Finally got my Neptune reinstalled.
Whole loop has migrated to 3/8" Tygon along with a Radiical topped MCP355.

Although no direct comparison between the Neptune and the older loop's Maze4 block would be totally valid (everything is different), the temps have essentially remained the same...
neptune2.jpg

neptune1.jpg

No extensive load testing has been done (just finished the install last night) so I haven't any idea what the delta may be.
If it holds consistent with the old setup I would expect load to max out at @ 35-37c.

This replacement Neptune block has no stud issues (although I did have to tweak them a bit to fit the mounting holes) and does not leak (so far). Contact on the RAM chips and GPU is excellent.

Whether or not the Neptune is worth the extreme premium price will of course be a matter for each buyer to decide but at least the QC on this block is up to snuff.

sprocket, i am glad your new block is working.
i as well had to slightly tweak the posts to get my card to fit on there correctly. not much though.
i am still checking out out my block everyday for leaks though as my first one sprung a leak after 2 1/2 weeks of use...

Haste266 said:
i am still checking out out my block everyday for leaks though as my first one sprung a leak after 2 1/2 weeks of use...
Oh great.
I usually forget/ignore my loop's integrity after the inial leak test is over.
Now I'll have to scale up to DefCon3 and be paranoid for a month.

This is why people don't watercool.

sprocket said:
Oh great.
I usually forget/ignore my loop's integrity after the inial leak test is over.
Now I'll have to scale up to DefCon3 and be paranoid for a month.

This is why people don't watercool.
lol, sorry to make u paranoid man.

Back