block3.jpg

block4.jpg

block5.jpg

block6.jpg

block7.jpg

block8.jpg

temps.jpg

:D Im happy. 35C idle and 45-49C load.

Eh, I still have a 120 blowing in across the HDD's from the front of the case..itll be just enough to cool the RAM as well.

Well those temps seam in line with other water coolers..And honestly A self made Xeon 1u 350 gram copper heat sink with a "modest" fan would cool as well ...

Your results seam a lot different then the other 2 I have seen. . :confused:

diehrd said:
Well those temps seam in line with other water coolers..And honestly A self made Xeon 1u 350 gram copper heat sink with a "modest" fan would cool as well ...

Your results seam a lot different then the other 2 I have seen. . :confused:

Hey negative nancy, didnt we tell you to fuck off if you dont have anything contructive to say? A xeon cooler would not cool that well, unless its the size of a P4 heatsink, which wouldnt make it a Xeon heatsink now would it?

Maybe he used AS5 and it needs to settle to give him the +-3-4c margin he needs. Maybe he left the rubber washers in and a re-seating is in order...who knows? Not you, thats for sure.

Really i have idle of 39c and Load of 49c on my system with a 350 gram 1U rack sink cooler modded to fit Using STOCK Amd heat sink fan :p ..Cost 4 US DOLLARS.. :D

Nice language , , you must have spent 170 on this sink and feeel buyers remorse to talk like that..

At least the guy who posted his temps i feel was honest enough to show them and by the way Stasic air coolers load at 54c (Direct from his own posts) and cost a HUNDRED DOLLARS LESS LMAO ..But those are still 66 dollars to much in my book. .

So keep on trashing an opponent to a product over priced that works no better then one for a lot less . . .So far it looks like he sold 4 ha ha ha ha, maybe we will be spared any more releases from his company . . .

Dillusion said:
Hey negative nancy, didnt we tell you to fuck off if you dont have anything contructive to say? A xeon cooler would not cool that well, unless its the size of a P4 heatsink, which wouldnt make it a Xeon heatsink now would it?

Maybe he used AS5 and it needs to settle to give him the +-3-4c margin he needs. Maybe he left the rubber washers in and a re-seating is in order...who knows? Not you, thats for sure.

There's a strike...
cool it.

Anyways, remembering my card is OCed to 525MHz from outta the box of 490 and stock of 430...Could the heatsink not be making full contact with the core? Should it be tighter? What do you all suggest? I thought I remember seeing someone w/ a load of 35C. My loop is pump -> CPU (Apogee) -> GPU -> Rad -> Res -> Repeat. Apex ultra kit remember. What if i try to put the GPU block alone? Or what about a Y section...one to CPU and one to GPU? Its an MCW655 pump on level 4 so it should have good water flow. What do you all think?

Tighten down the nuts on the backplate. Those temperatures are indicative of incomplete core contact which can be remedied by properly tightening down the nuts in sequence. :p Also, what thermal paste are you using, and how long has it had to settle in?

DangerIsGo said:
Anyways, remembering my card is OCed to 525MHz from outta the box of 490 and stock of 430...Could the heatsink not be making full contact with the core? Should it be tighter? What do you all suggest? I thought I remember seeing someone w/ a load of 35C. My loop is pump -> CPU (Apogee) -> GPU -> Rad -> Res -> Repeat. Apex ultra kit remember. What if i try to put the GPU block alone? Or what about a Y section...one to CPU and one to GPU? Its an MCW655 pump on level 4 so it should have good water flow. What do you all think?

The GTX core when watercooled "right" (which can mean much to many) will usually idle around 35c... so - if you saw a load of 35c it had to be off a chiller or something.. My cores idle around 35c and then load in the 40s (44c bottom --> 47c top dep on ambient) and my first stop in the loop is the gpus, so I think your temps look very good considering the high overlclock, and the fact that your cooling the card (gpu + memory) after the cpu.. anyways..

consumer, how far down should i tighten the core? I mean I dont want to break the 'fragile' core (as it says in your instructions :p)

diehrd said:
So far it looks like he sold 4 ha ha ha ha, maybe we will be spared any more releases from his company . .

Thats not nice at all...your lucky zero didnt give you a ban for that. :mad:

I just tightened it down some more and i saw the PCB between the 2 sides of the screws where the core is located near the bottom start to bend...and i still idle @ 42C...does it matter that im pumping 1.6v into my CPU and that it idles @ 32Cish? I used AS5 on the core and the stuff that came with the gtx RAM for the inside RAM and the sticky stuff you gave me for the outside RAM (what a bitch and a half to work with! ) Its had about almost a day to settle in.

Added:
temps2.jpg

As you can see,by tightening it, it only bought me 1C after about 15 min...initially it bought me, 5C but then the temps grew.

What happened to "Im happy. 35C idle and 45-49C load." ??

AS5 can take 72 hours to set... wait a couple more days and see what happens.. How much AS5 did you use? Too much AS5 can have an insulating effect.. just the very thinnest of thin coats on the top, spread even is all you need. Sometimes a remount is necessary to get it right. Also, well, I would ask about ambient room temp, but your cpu temps seem right on the $.

I was until people started to say that it was wrong. I even remember someone saying that they got 35C w/ this block. Im not sure what his clocks were and what else was in his loop.

I am sure it was 35c idle.. 35c load is not realistic unless a water chiller is involved.. or their room ambeint is well below a normally comfortable human dwelling levels.. like under 10c.

For a GPU core, should i put a dab on or should i spread it thin? I know for CPU is a dab, but what about GPU?

I use a very thin piece of aluminum with a flat + sheer edge, like a small puddy knife which is wider than the core, so I can reach the whole thing in one sweep, and get a perfect flat ultra-thin coating of AS5 for my cpu and gpu cores... but that's me.. I really take my time with that, and spend a few minutes just trying to make it perfectly even.. then push the sink down and wiggle side to side just a tiny bit while I push down.. even with those posts in, you should be able to wiggle it just a tiny bit.. anyways.. that gets air bubbles out.. it's worked for me very well each time I took my time with it like that. :)

I just reset the block and spread a thin layer of AS5 on the core and tightened down while doing the wiggling thing you just said and right now, my core is idling @ 39C. its better than the 43C that was idling before but i would like to see it down to 35C or lower for idle. Im going to see how it is on load now.

Nice.. let it set now for 72 hours. :)

EDIT: you really will see a drop when the AS5 sets.. up to 4c sometimes.. so I think you got it right with that mount.

go rev go! see i am most interested in this block for its ability to remove a lot of that extra heat the cards give off from the general case ambient. ie: less needs of fans

Yes - me also. get that heat into the coolant and shed it through the rad!! especially with an SLI system, where heat can pool between the cards.. it's very good to get as much out of there through the coolant loop as possible... plus the 1u (one slot unit :)) design is nice and low.. I might be able to fit a sound card over my top GTX again. weeeee! ;)

I have one small problem. With my stacker, the board/board mounting plate isnt flush against the other side of the case, its about an inch off it. The problem lays in the tubing to the GFX card. the barbs come out so much (if you look in my pics) that i cannot close my case without bending the tubes. Is there a way to get around this? I dont want to crink my tubes either becuase of bad flow.

Wow, hrm..... try some CoolSleeves for those tight bends.. I have had good luck using them for the SLI gap U bend, and my tight rad to apogee run..

I do have the apex kit...w/ the coolsleeves...and when i made the bend (the old one)...the coolsleeves broke :(

Wow.. well, I know it's a major hassle to do so, but you might need to swap those runs out with tygon, or something ultra flexible, then use the coolsleeves on that... until then I guess leave your case propped open a little.. or maybe Consumer9000 can hook you up with some angled barbes for that block? hrm.....'

EDIT: oh - looking at your pics again - where you want to bend harder, you should group the coolsleeve windings much more closely together! that makes them stronger and you can bend the tubing more without breaking the sleeves. :)

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=203&products_id=2733

the 3/8 flavor is there also, but you're 1/2 right? anyways, I don't see any which are threaded on one end and barbed on the other, so I think you''ll have to use a small section of tubing to connect these to the existing barbs on the block. Should work fine.. nither this place, or frozencpu, or dangerden has threaded elbows like that.. you if you are dead set on those, try a plumbing store I guess? not sure.. ask Consumer9000 for a direct link maybe.

EDIT: I think both types of fittings should be included with these blocks.. maybe.. for future purchases :hint: :hint: ;)

With every order I give the option for the inclusion of (1) 90 degree fitting (for SLI interconnect setups mainly). I'm looking into a good source for 45 degree fittings which will help with smaller cases.
Your temperatures look good, and I'd recommend giving the thermal compound some time to settle in. Avoid getting obsessive about fiddling with the mounting, as thats the easiest way to send your board to an early grave! :p

I thought I should be getting below 49C on load with my card and lower than 40C for idle? Ill let this AS5 settle in but I think I might need to get the 45 degree barbs since its really hard to close my case. ill see tomorrow to try the coolsleeves option first. But first for right now, I should let it settle in. Its by no means a 'small case' its just that the board is about an inch in from the back so it brings the barbs out further just enough to interfere with the door. I wonder what itll be like with an SLI setup :(

ill post my temps again when i get home this evening. i havent looked at them in quite a while so it might be different. the as5 is prolly worn in now. im running the same w/cing kit as you dangerisgo and i have the loop setup the same way. im running a 512mb gtx though. one thing i do know is that i idle around 36-38c.

Wow for a cooler card, somethings not right on mine. I put the AS5 on yesterday around 5:30PM EST, right now its 12:45PM...how long would it take to for the AS5 to settle in...normally? Would it settle in if it was on load constantly (quake 4 anyone? :p) or just leave it idle or it doesnt matter..its just takes time?

consumer9000 said:
With every order I give the option for the inclusion of (1) 90 degree fitting (for SLI interconnect setups mainly). I'm looking into a good source for 45 degree fittings which will help with smaller cases.
Your temperatures look good, and I'd recommend giving the thermal compound some time to settle in. Avoid getting obsessive about fiddling with the mounting, as thats the easiest way to send your board to an early grave! :p

I meant nothing terse at all in my comments about having both sets of barbs included.. I guess my expanded thoughts on that were, many folks don't realize how things are going to fit until they are in, so including both sets would be very convenient, so if they do change their mind they don't have the hassle of tracking the other set down.. they they're fairly inexpensive also.. so a little small effort on one side can go a long way in convenience for the buyer. anyways.. just a few out loud thoughts from a fellow consumer. . . . now back to your regularly sceduled programming.. already in progress, :)

DangerIsGo said:
Wow for a cooler card, somethings not right on mine. I put the AS5 on yesterday around 5:30PM EST, right now its 12:45PM...how long would it take to for the AS5 to settle in...normally? Would it settle in if it was on load constantly (quake 4 anyone? :p) or just leave it idle or it doesnt matter..its just takes time?

hi again - it really does take up to 72 hours... sometimes longer for the AS5 to set... I hear if you heat the gpu/cpu up a lot, then let it cool off (so play games for a while, then stop for a while, repeat) for a while it speeds the "curing" process... it took my gpu's like 4 days for it to set... so patients, grasshopper. ;)

DangerIsGo said:
I have one small problem. With my stacker, the board/board mounting plate isnt flush against the other side of the case, its about an inch off it. The problem lays in the tubing to the GFX card. the barbs come out so much (if you look in my pics) that i cannot close my case without bending the tubes. Is there a way to get around this? I dont want to crink my tubes either becuase of bad flow.
I had exactly the same issue (with the same case even).
As shipped, when installed I had less than two inches clearance from the end of the barb to the inside of the sidepanel.
Using 3/4" Tygon there is no way to get a tight enough bend (even using Coolsleeves) to allow the panel to close.
I decided to make both the inlet and outlet 90 deg fittings which solved the problem and doesn't seem to have impacted flow/performance at all.
mini-neptune.jpg

It required a bit of cobbling....you can't spin two 90deg fittings into place, so I had to improvise on the inlet side, but it was cheap and seems ok.

Even with the Stacker's mobo tray spacing it's still a pretty big case...I can't believe this isn't a problem for more people.

Dillusion, do you have a link for those? are they 90 degree? I think im gonna bite the big one and go for the elbows becuase i looked and i dont have room for 45 ones and i need my case to close as im going to be getting a clear side soon. ..UV time :D

sprocket, what is that gold elbow?

Back