STASIS Thermal blocks finally done!

DangerIsGo said:
sprocket, what is that gold elbow?
It is a brass "street elbow" (I think that's what it is called) from Home Depot.
The biggest problem is that there is a restriction in it...I simply put it in a vice and drilled it out on a drill press so there is the full .380 channel (not great I know, but the biggest it would take).
Your ST supplied straight barb would thread right in although I used one from my Storm block (I just retapped it to take the DD "hi-flo barbs).

So how wouold you suggest getting 2 elbows in there? Should I risk it? I need it to fit my case :(

ok, did an hour+ stress test when i got home running 2 instances of prime, atitool 3d view and rthrdribl all at the same time. so maximum heat was definitely being produced when doing this. room ambient temp was 22c(72F) using as5 on cpu. as5 on gpu/ceramique on ram modules. have had my water cooling installed for 2 1/2-3 weeks or so... also using primochill ICE coolant(red)

pic of full load after 1+ hr
my vid card is clocked at 595 core/1.79 mem and my cpu at 2.8ghz(opty 170)

idle temp after sitting 25 min.

seems i bottomed out on my idle after only 10 minutes though.

hope this helps.

Well, mine is set up with two 90deg fittings.
The outlet is a one piece and the other is the brass/plastic combo.

Too soon to tell, just put the system together and am tweaking it around.
So much has changed that it will take a while to establish new baselines and start gathering data.

The 7800GT runs much cooler than my previous 6800GT, which I knew from experience with customer machines, so it's hard to make a comparison.
leadtech.jpg

This was the temp after an initial Prime run (yeah, I know...no graphics stress there),,,the interesting thing is that although the CPU temp did rise (all the way up to 29C), the GPU temp never budged.
Not sure what, if anything, this indicates...as I said I'm just getting a grip on the new system.

Although I have done no flow testing at all (and don't plan to either) visually at least, the Neptune- even with the two 90 deg. fittings- doesn't seem to have adversely impacted the loop.

On a side note...the Leadtech 7800GT temp sensor and Everest both report the same reading...which is nice. My XFX 6800GT was always about 5-6 C higher than Everest reported and I could never decide which reading to use. At least that issue has gone away....

mini-totalloop.jpg

This is the whole enchilada...
-Opty 148> Swiftech Storm
-Leadtech 7800GT> ST Neptune
-Swiftech MCP 655> Thermochill PA 120.3

sprocket said:
This is the whole enchilada...
-Opty 148> Swiftech Storm
-Leadtech 7800GT> ST Neptune
-Swiftech MCP 655> Thermochill PA 120.3

soooo, more or less, the setup i want. ok fine. thats all you had to say "the setup roli wants"

hmm and i like what you did with it too so i might recruit you into my worklog to help out with the rebuild in bout a month

Those are good temps (sprocket)... I saw 31c once on my cards, when I first fired my watercooled GTXs up, before they had warmed up.. I was "whoa.. that's a change.." anyways.... what are your ambient temps?

Room ambient would be around 21-22C (@68-70F).

I just got this setup installed and running so I have no long term data on temps and cooling behaviour.
So far though I'm fairly chuffed.

Consumer, my temps still hit a min of 40/41 on idle :( If I tighteten the block anymore, im afraid that ill break the core. And i dont know if this is your area too, but for some reason, my CPU idles @ like 30Cish isntead of the 25C when i first got the kit. I havent done anything to it, its just one day it was porb like 'eh, i feel like going hotter' lol. Hell, i even lowered the Vcore (to 1.525v) and the temps are still the same as whent he vcore was 1.61

<sighs>

I turned the fans around so the air gets sucked through the rad instead of blowing the hot air already in the case over the fans and out the bottom and this is what i got

temps3.jpg

my load on my CPU went down from 42 to 37 (dont know why it went up that high..usually was 38) and idle went back to the 20's. for the GPU, idle is about 37/38 and you can see the load :D

I also think it depends on the ambiant of the room. As the room is cooler, or the rad is outside my case, the temps go down, a lot. If its inside, they go to like 47 but I think this block shouldnt break 40C...Ill see what I can do as far as fiddling around goes :p

Ambient temps play a critical role naturally in determining how cool your loop will run. The radiator thrives on low ambient temps! :p

bad news. my block is leaking at one of the posts. thank god for uv reactive coolant. there is no way i would have found the leak this quick without it. the leak was moving up the post and i could see it on the back of my vid card. its a pretty slow leak.
i emailed customer service at stasis thermal. i hope this can be resolved quickly. i currently have the block sitting outside of my comp but still in my loop because i don't want to drain the loop because I dont have enough hose at the moment to do some switching around.

here are some pics.

neptune leak

fast response to my email, and on a sunday! stasis said they will send me a new block!

thanks stasis. you rock!

Matt @ stasis rules! I dealt with him through PM's and he is an awesome person to do business with!

DangerIsGo said:
Matt @ stasis rules! I dealt with him through PM's and he is an awesome person to do business with!

hahaha thats awesome! i'm gonna mention to him (if i think i know who you talkin about) that finally being nice to people pays off! and he should put it in his sig! ha!

Punx_Clever said:
to the guy with the leak: thow some epoxy on it and cal it a day!
nah, i'd rather get a replacement since im still under warranty. more for peace of mind than anything but i'll still be worried about it since it happened on this block.

Well I put the rad on the outside of my case and my idle is about 38C and load is about 43C. Better than it was. At one point I had an idle of 35C. But I dont know what happened.

sounds good danger especially with the overclocks u got going on and the voltage u got going into ur CPU.

Whoa, Its a bit cooler in my room and this is my idle

tempswow.jpg
:eek:

And this is load:

tempsloadwow.JPG
:eek:

Clocked @ 510MHz/1360MHz

Question: Say I wanted to put 4 fans on my rad, what are good CFM fans but low dB 120mm fans? I had the Antec one but it was kinda noisy. The ones I have now are delta 34dBA w/ 72CFM..are they good enough? I think the dB but they are running connected to the MB w/ the 7v->5v adaptor. If i connect the fans directy to the board, they are noisy as hell. if I connect them to the molex connection (12v->5v) they are too slow. Should I even add more fans? would it be worth it?

well. i can say stasis thermal has lost a customer.
as posted before in this thread my neptune block sprung a leak.
after 5 WEEKS i finally got my new block. guess what. its defective also
when tightening down one of the nuts, the post came loose out of the block itself. i tried tightening the post back down into the block but it just spins...so....its no good

i email stasis and asked for a refund. i will be sending both the defective blocks i have here back tomorrow.

i am PISSED.

Haste266 said:
well. i can say stasis thermal has lost a customer.
as posted before in this thread my neptune block sprung a leak.
after 5 WEEKS i finally got my new block. guess what. its defective also
when tightening down one of the nuts, the post came loose out of the block itself. i tried tightening the post back down into the block but it just spins...so....its no good

i email stasis and asked for a refund. i will be sending both the defective blocks i have here back tomorrow.

i am PISSED.
I feel your pain.
Still awaiting delivery of my replacement block (the original suffered the very same stud pull-out).
How can this flaw make it past QC?

sprocket said:
I feel your pain.
Still awaiting delivery of my replacement block (the original suffered the very same stud pull-out).
How can this flaw make it past QC?
gee, thats funny you say that sprocket...check the response i got back.

"Hi Dustin,

I’m sorry to hear that the post stripped out. This is the first time I’ve ever heard of this happening and will be interested to inspect the part. Please do send it back so I can address the problem.

Fortunately I have additional blocks that are ready to go, and if you would be willing to give it one last try I’ll have it in the mail tomorrow morning. I will test the posts to make sure there is no weakness, and will leak test the part overnight as well. The fittings will both be straight this time; with all the parts we’ve shipped I could not remember if yours had either straight or angled fittings."

SEAMS TO ME SOMEONE WARNED PEOPLE about stasis thermal...And all I got for doing it was flamed . .

Sorta think all i cann say at this point

I told ya so .. . ... . . . . . . . . . . . . .
:p

blah blah, i knew u were going to say something diegay.

I told ya so .. . ... . . . . . . . . . . . . .

IMHO, one of the most unhelpful phrases in the English language. Congrats.

Haste, sorry for the loss. Hopefully will work better this time. ;)

Mine has been working great. Ive installed it and reinstalled it many times since Ive gotten it and my posts havent turned at all. Its been solid giving me good temps. I dont know why youve been getting bad blocks but matt at stasis has been one of the best people ive dealth with. His products are top notch and so is his customer service and QC. Im not saying this outta a 'stasis !!!!!!' im saying this outta a very satisfied customer. Just a stupid suggestion, could it be the installation..maybe your tightening it too much? I dontknow though.

nah, not tightening it down too much...
i barely tightened the nut down on this post before it pulled out. just seems to be a flaw in the design.

This looks like it might get ugly...... I hope the creator makes it through this rough patch.

Wouldn't hurt to come up with an attractive cover too.

Interesting, maybe hes having bad luck w/ recent blocks. I got my block when he first released them, and hell, ive tightened my screwes so much on the back that my PCB bends around the core! I know its not safe, so I had to untighten it a little haha Its hard to feel how tight its getting so I make a good estimate on how far its down by looking eyelevel with it to make sure the block touches the ram chips on the top and to make sure its not slanted, but there are some people out there with good blocks. It sucks to have defective products and wait even longer for the replacements, but if you do get one that works, your temps are damn well worth it.

I talked to him and he mentioned somthing about maybe a black cover, but I dont remember about any other colors.

I would like to apologize for the delays and defects some of my customers have encountered in the past month.

In many ways my hands have been tied, as vendor and machine shop delays lead to unacceptable turn around times for RMA fulfillments. While it is wonderful that our economy is growing, it has also lead to significant increases in material and machining costs. Furthermore, it can take 2-3 weeks to get a part after the PO has been issued.

The failiures experienced by several customers have been isolated to a particular batch of units. It appears that while being machined, a 2-56 cut tap was used which lead to a number of issues. Since then all parts have been made using a roll tap. Out of spec, the threaded hole would either fail to effectively retain the stud or to seal it. Such failiures should not occur in the future, and any users that encounter problems with their existing parts are fully covered by the warranty, and will recieve replacement parts free of expense.

I have strived to deliver the best service I can to all my customers, and in large part have suceeded. For those who feel improperly treated or dissatisfied, I apologize again and welcome any correspondence so I can better address their needs and avoid such problems in the future.

Thanks for your patience, business and interest.

The next generation of STASIS parts are being developed...I am pulling out all the stops and will make sure that these parts are as close to perfect as possible.

Dillusion said:
The STORM/MP-05/Apogee have nothing on the new bad boys ;)
That might be true for those blocks but it doesn't have anything on the EK block. Don't get me wrong, I like the concept, just don't like the looks.

glad to see u respond to the posts consumer9000.
now if u had only put that info in an email you sent to me... :)

Back