StarWars Battlefront performance Preview

Look! Another debate where DPI and Tainted Squirrel are involved! Everyone change their setups to match theirs!

Look! Another debate where DPI and Tainted Squirrel are involved! Everyone change their setups to match theirs!
It's not my fault AMD took so long to fix their drivers that eventually Microsoft did it for them... These are just the facts. I suffered through AMD's poor overhead problems for a long time, I have plenty of posts whining about it on this forum when I still had my 5870 & 280X.

If you don't want to deal with the same bullshit then upgrade to Windows 10. I wish I had that option years ago.

Oh right but let's downplay it so nobody gets their feelings hurt, okay uhh, AMD runs fine on Windows 7... No driver optimization problems whatsoever... Everybody's happy.

1080p Ultra runs 48-55 fps on my old and stock clocked i7-870 and GTX670.

1080p Ultra runs 48-55 fps on my old and stock clocked i7-870 and GTX670.

Yeah I've installed in on a machine with a 5 year old i5-660 and a gtx 470 and it runs great on a mix of medium/high. I don't know if there will be any truly comparable benchmarks but it doesn't seem any harder to run than bf4, which makes sense since its ported to the same consoles.

performance is fantastic in this game across a wide variety of hardware...for a Frostbite engine game I'm shocked

performance is fantastic in this game across a wide variety of hardware...for a Frostbite engine game I'm shocked
Empty maps of rocks & snow run great. I bet you guys were surprised to see Mad Max run great, too? :rolleyes:
Today you learned barren wastelands are not graphically intensive.

Empty maps of rocks & snow run great. I bet you guys were surprised to see Mad Max run great, too? :rolleyes:
Today you learned barren wastelands are not graphically intensive.

the graphics fidelity of those rocks and snow are unlike anything I've ever seen in any game prior...plus the Endor video they released awhile back looks even better...when I first saw that video I thought it was pre-rendered and no way that was actual in-game footage but after playing the beta I'm a believer

the graphics fidelity of those rocks and snow are unlike anything I've ever seen in any game prior...plus the Endor video they released awhile back looks even better...when I first saw that video I thought it was pre-rendered and no way that was actual in-game footage but after playing the beta I'm a believer

Do you claim that the barren iceworld of Hoth and the lush jungleworld of Endor will have the same "computational requirements" and run at similar FPS at the same settings?

Where does the extra compute power come from?
Magic pixie-fairies?

Do you claim that the barren iceworld of Hoth and the lush jungleworld of Endor will have the same "computational requirements" and run at similar FPS at the same settings?

Magic pixie-fairies?

no one knows the answer to that yet...would anyone have predicted that Hoth and Sullust would run so well prior to the beta?

I don't know why you are surprised. The game looks good due to design, it isn't some sort of unexpcted technical miracle on the Frostbite engine.

Battlefield 4 even on now <$200 cards like the GTX 960 runs at nearly 60fps average at 1080p 4xMSAA Ultra according to the latest HardOCP tests. Battlefront's in game wise is scaled down, at least with the currently available two maps, and lacks performance demanding AA options such as MSAA.

Try benchmarking BF4 in the smaller maps and lower player modes without MSAA. Performance will skyrocket compared to people trying to run full 64 player conquest maps with 4xMSAA.

Magic pixie-fairies?

The game mostly targets 60 fps on the consoles, there's a pretty clear performance baseline they're trying to adhere to. I doubt Endor will be largely more demanding.

Bummer there is no single player. I had to move out to the sticks where there is only 1.5mbps dsl :eek: Jealous of you guys.

Back