Started playing Crysis 2

Island

Gawd
Well, I have such a huge back log, and have been playing through FC3, but after watching some videos of Crysis 3 on YouTube decided to give Crysis 2 another chance. I bought it when it first came out and never really got into it and only played the first level.

Now, I am at the part where I linked up with the Marines and I got to say, this game frekkin rocks! Ultra settings with DX11 looks awesome. I think Crysis 3 will be a little more visual, but overall I have been pretty happy with the game after giving it a chance. Shit, I pre purchased Colonial Marines as well...Next month should be pretty frekkin amazing for us gamers....

Beat it myself about 2 months ago and i still don't understand why people didn't like it. I mean it wasn't amazing by any means... it felt more modern than Crysis 1, and i do like how they made the suit slightly more practical. It's an 8 out of 10 in my book. Definitely worth $10.

Not sure where all the talk of it looking worse than Crysis 1 came from. It looks amazing to me, i'd like someone to mention a more realistic city scape game.

Beat it myself about 2 months ago and i still don't understand why people didn't like it. I mean it wasn't amazing by any means... it felt more modern than Crysis 1, and i do like how they made the suit slightly more practical. It's an 8 out of 10 in my book. Definitely worth $10.

Not sure where all the talk of it looking worse than Crysis 1 came from. It looks amazing to me, i'd like someone to mention a more realistic city scape game.

Agreed...I think the weapons are pretty kewl....I haven't even got any alien weapons yet(If u can use them?)-no spoilers =)

My 580's at 2560x1600 do bog down though when i'm fighting a lot of aliens or I have suit option like the tracer incoming rounds enabled....I hope Crysis 3 we'll show more of a sandbox feel then Crysis 2 but other then that, the game plays well

Gameplay wise, especially in MP, was a step back from the first game and Warhead. Graphically it looked inferior in some ways when it was running in DX9. With DX 11 and the HD texture pack it does look better than the first game.

Just EA haters. Crysis 2 is miles better then 1.

Definitely can't Rambo through this game but the insanely frustrating checkpoint system made me rage quit. If C3 has the same system I won't buy it.

Crysis 2 as its own game was fine. As a sequel to Crysis 1 it was a failure. Many random plot disconnects from Crysis 1. Lots of simplification of gameplay from Crysis 1. So on and so forth.

i played a little bit of cry 2s single player.
i love the multiplayer, though it is very buggy and basically abandoned by crytek.

really looking forward to cry 3, hopefully multiplayer will be a bigger focus.

Crysis 2 was a fine game... it just really shouldn't have been a "Crysis" game. That said, most of the complaining on this site, as usual, was hyperbole to the max.

Crysis 2 was a fine game... it just really shouldn't have been a "Crysis" game. That said, most of the complaining on this site, as usual, was hyperbole to the max.

Basically this sums it up. The hate towards Crysis 2 really was directed in terms of disappointed expectations as opposed to any direct criticism of the actual game.

For example the loudest complaint was perhaps in regards to graphics, yet other than the Battlefield 3 and maybe The Witcher 2 what else are you really comparing Crysis 2 as a subpar against? However the disappoint was there that it did not push graphics like Crysis 1 did relative to its time.

Also while it was not an open map like most of Crysis 1 it was not a straight corridor shooter, for example like CoD, that people complained about either. You were actually had many options and approaches to tackle each level/area you were placed in as opposed to just running forward shooting like a corridor shooter.

For some perspective other high profile single player FPS games released in 2011 include Homefront, DNF, and Rage. I would say it is far from being the worst game of the year like some were making it out to be. If you look at Metro 2033 and Hard Reset I can't really understand why one should praise those while completely trashing Crysis 2.

I found the same as a lot of you - I didn't get the hate for the game. It was by no means great, I mean, it's been a while since I played #1 and Warhead, and the plot in part #2 made essentially no sense and the storytelling was disjointed and nonsensical. As well, while the gameplay started off super fun I got pretty tired of fighting the same 2 aliens in the rubble filled New York by the end of the game. A little more variety would have gone a long way. That said, the graphics, I thought, were just lovely and most of the game was pretty darn fun.

Also while it was not an open map like most of Crysis 1 it was not a straight corridor shooter, for example like CoD, that people complained about either. You were actually had many options and approaches to tackle each level/area you were placed in as opposed to just running forward shooting like a corridor shooter.

Yet my main issue with the game is how it spraypainted all over your screen LOOK HERE: THIS IS THE PATH YOU TAKE IF YOU WANT TO SNEAK PAST THE ENEMIES! RIGHT HERE! OPTIONS! whenever you come across the predetermined "tactical options". I generally find that taking a game developer's explicit "sneaky path" or "combat path" is less enjoyable than planning your own encounter based your own ingenuity.

Well, still playing through the game, and just got passed the part where I find the old man in some type of Cryostasis? I don't really get the jest of it all though. As far as the game play, I am still liking it. At first, I have to admit, I did not like the suit options, as I yearned for the same type of play style as Crysis and Crysis warhead.

That being said, I think it's kewl to advance your suit via the nano points. It kinda makes you play the way you want. Stealth vs. balls out....I think I might actually finish the game...

Well they never fixed the save system for me after a patch screwed it up. So game is bunk.

I liked it up until it stopped working.

I remember the mouse feeling sluggish which was not an issue in the first Crysis. I have a real problem playing fps games if the mouse controls are sluggish, no matter how good the game is.

I remember the mouse feeling sluggish which was not an issue in the first Crysis. I have a real problem playing fps games if the mouse controls are sluggish, no matter how good the game is.
This was one of my two complaints of the game. The PC controls clearly suffered when they optimised the engine/game for consoles.

The other was the completely nonsensical plot, which since it's a Crytek game, doesn't really matter too much.

Yet my main issue with the game is how it spraypainted all over your screen LOOK HERE: THIS IS THE PATH YOU TAKE IF YOU WANT TO SNEAK PAST THE ENEMIES! RIGHT HERE! OPTIONS! whenever you come across the predetermined "tactical options". I generally find that taking a game developer's explicit "sneaky path" or "combat path" is less enjoyable than planning your own encounter based your own ingenuity.

From what recall though there were many rather open situations where you could be rather creative with your approach without relying on any set paths. The setup for those would be quite similar to situations most people would encounter in Crysis 1 where they follow the objective marker to a camp and basically in both cases be placed overlooking it allowing you to decide how to tackle that particular camp. Except in this case you eliminate the travel over the open map.

It wasn't a complete open world like Crysis 1 but it was far from a corridor shooter either like the complaints seemed to suggest (CoD for instance). Actually in terms of FPS focused game (not counting a hybrid like DXHR for instance) it was probably the most open among all the other ones released that year from what I remember. For example don't let something like Rage fool you, it superficially is open due to an open world travel system (rather bland one I might add), the actual levels are basically corridors with only one option to run forward shooting.

It is fine if you prefer open world type games but I don't see how non open world type games are inherently bad. In terms of personal preference I think it is fine to prefer one and not other but looking at the bigger picture I don't see why gamers in general would trash Crysis 2 but not games like Metro 2033 and Hard Reset for not being open world games aside from expectation. I'm not saying Crysis 2 is an all time great or anything but it certainly was not bad for what it is either.

I wasn't particularly fond of the single player in Crysis 2, didn't get too far, maybe about 3 or so hours in before I was bored to tears. I did play the first one as well but only got about halfway before getting bored.

I thought the multiplayer in 2 was great though.

Back