Starfield

Andreja/Sarah face swap...

4331-1696082945-1946475274.jpg

more work than the actors put in. that was the point of the post

Voice acting is great and we should appreciate their skills. It is not fun or quick work, sitting down and recording large numbers of permutations and combinations of phrases depending on quest outcomes, player names, etc. But yeah, it's not full time for 9 years type of work either.

I'm just glad that this game avoided the trend of celebrity voice acting, like Cyberpunk and Far Cry 6 did. its an unnecessary expense that really dilutes immersion rather than improves it. When you don't know the celebrity voice of the character you are interacting with it feels more realistic.

Like, Giancarlo Esposito is a great actor, but every time I heard his voice in Far Cry 6 I couldn't help but picture him saying "Welcome to los pollos hermanos".

Strangely enough while I should have had the same problem in Cyberpunk, I didn't. Maybe it's because more time has passed since The Matrix, or maybe it's because Johnny Silverhand was supposed to be a celebrity with a recognizable voice, but for some reason it just worked there. In most titles I don't think it does.

Strangely enough while I should have had the same problem in Cyberpunk, I didn't. Maybe it's because more time has passed since The Matrix, or maybe it's because Johnny Silverhand was supposed to be a celebrity with a recognizable voice, but for some reason it just worked there. In most titles I don't think it does.
That's because Keanu Reeves actually sold the character, but Giancarlo Esposito plays the same guy in everything.

But I agree, even when they do a good job, celebrities should not be in videogames, it stifles creativity trying to recreate their real world look and their salary is a huge expense better spent elsewhere.

I just encountered the weirdest and most disturbing bug yet. One of my ships completely broke. I don't know what triggered the glitch but after fast traveling to a spaceport, I tried to fly to it, but couldn't the ship just wouldn't move when I increased power. I instinctively switched to external camera to check out what's going on, and oh boy, I was flying 25% of a ship, most of the structure was missing including the engines. I could fast travel back to a planet, but it did not work correctly, it showed the complete ship from outside when landed, but it was only a facade. Trying to board or take off it would only show the stripped out version again with the cardboard cutout duplicate over it. I know I should've taken screenshots but these types of bugs give me the creeps, so I did not even think about it.

But that's not the end of the story, it gets worse. I tried to modify it to see if that helps, but it didn't, then I switched to another ship, then back, which caused the ship to fly away on its own with me standing outside, leaving me stranded with no ship at all. I even tried using another ship for a trip then trying to shift back but it would still fly away the instant I switched to it. Funny enough the game actually recognized that I had no ship so it would not allow me to fast travel anywhere at this point. And all the mission markers had shown up from everywhere around the galaxy while I was still on the ground. Suggesting that at some point there might have been the possibility in the game to not own a ship.

How did I fix it? I didn't, I just switched to another ship and been using that since. The internet says the flying away bug can happen with salvage ships that you captured, but I found no mention about the stripped out husk bug.

100 hours or so of what I think is pretty thorough playthrough I have finally reached NG+
Now I'm wondering if the game will just abruptly end at some point because at 76 hours I don't think I'm anywhere near a playthrough let alone a through one. I still have a faction completely untouched, I never even went near mission boards (IDK if you include those in a through play through) I don't even know if mission board missions are procedurally generated and thus can you finish them at all? I still have tons of missions I've been putting off, I barely touched the main story in 30 hours at least.

The difference between previous bethesda games and this is that I actually find the side content interesting in Starfield. In Skyrim I had no desire to do most side missions, because they seemed dull and uninteresting.

Now I'm wondering if the game will just abruptly end at some point because at 76 hours I don't think I'm anywhere near a playthrough let alone a through one. I still have a faction completely untouched, I never even went near mission boards (IDK if you include those in a through play through) I don't even know if mission board missions are procedurally generated and thus can you finish them at all? I still have tons of missions I've been putting off, I barely touched the main story in 30 hours at least.

The difference between previous bethesda games and this is that I actually find the side content interesting in Starfield. In Skyrim I had no desire to do most side missions, because they seemed dull and uninteresting.
Yes they're all procedurally generated, every faction has their own board. There's like a dozen different types of mission boards in the game.
The rewards are pretty meaningless, they're only worth doing if you were already going to do those activities because they will give you an extra quest objective (for XP) in the process. Like clearing enemy camps.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this

You and I seem to be on the same page about this game for the most part. I found Fallout 4's missions and side quests also more compelling than Skyrim's.

It's not abrupt but there comes a point where you just aren't sure what else you can do shy of running procedurals and using a search engine to see if you have missed anything. I never bothered with the mission boards because I had plenty to do unless a quest specifically called for it.

Typically I concentrated on items above "activities." Sometimes there were things even in "activities" that evolved into something more than I would have expected.

For you:
Move the main story along a bit. It will make you travel to places you likely haven't been and of course take a look at anything else along the way but move it along.

All faction related quests are excellent. Companions personal quests are excellent (whether you go for a romance or not.) Barrett, Angela, Sarah, and Sam.

Akila, Atlantis, and Neon (the main hubs) are just loaded with quests and side quests all on their own. I probably just cost you several dozen hours right here. ;)

I am taking a break from the game at present. The NG+ setup really doesn't do anything for me and I don't feel compelled to move into that. For me, this game doesn't need it and YMMV for anyone else.

which caused the ship to fly away on its own with me standing outside
Saw this bug posted on reddit a week ago and one of the comments said it was most likely due to using a stolen ship, some glitch causing the 'owner' tag to be flagged back to the AI faction it originally belonged to. In this game even if you remove every single ship part in the builder and rebuild from 100% scratch, the original owner setting remains (hidden).

Try building a ship that's legit yours, like a quest reward (or even the starter ship) you strip down and rebuild from scratch.

Saw this bug posted on reddit a week ago and one of the comments said it was most likely due to using a stolen ship, some glitch causing the 'owner' tag to be flagged back to the AI faction it originally belonged to. In this game even if you remove every single ship part in the builder and rebuild from 100% scratch, the original owner setting remains (hidden).

Try building a ship that's legit yours, like a quest reward (or even the starter ship) you strip down and rebuild from scratch.
I saw that, and I think it is utter nonsense. It flies away because the home ship flag is set incorrectly, the game thinks that you just switched away from it as your home ship. It even displays a message saying the ship is returning to storage because it is no longer your home ship.

I also seen someone suggesting that removing the reactor in the ship builder should fix it, which I haven't even bothered trying yet because I'm pretty sure it is not going to be an actual fix. You are not even able to close the ship builder without a reactor, so how would you go about removing it in the first place?

You and I seem to be on the same page about this game for the most part. I found Fallout 4's missions and side quests also more compelling than Skyrim's.

It's not abrupt but there comes a point where you just aren't sure what else you can do shy of running procedurals and using a search engine to see if you have missed anything. I never bothered with the mission boards because I had plenty to do unless a quest specifically called for it.

Typically I concentrated on items above "activities." Sometimes there were things even in "activities" that evolved into something more than I would have expected.
Yeah, I played a lot more of the faction quests in F4 than in Skyrim, but not nearly as many of the side content as in Starfield. So far all side missions turned out to be entertaining on some level.

Still my biggest criticism of the game is the skill gating of every single thing, and then challenge gating even the skills.
By the time I'll have all the skills to do whatever I want, there will be nothing left to do but mission boards.

For you:
Move the main story along a bit. It will make you travel to places you likely haven't been and of course take a look at anything else along the way but move it along.
I have tons of unexplored star systems, but most are way above my level. I'm hoping to find at least some missions there.
All faction related quests are excellent. Companions personal quests are excellent (whether you go for a romance or not.) Barrett, Angela, Sarah, and Sam.
Unfortunately none of the companion quests triggered for me yet, maybe because I hate kowtowing to their sensibilities, if you don't like what I do, get off my ship.
I had the same problem with cyberpunk 2077 that to unlock the secret ending you have to kiss ass to johnny silvertongue, and I refused to do that, I wanted to kill him most of the time.
Akila, Atlantis, and Neon (the main hubs) are just loaded with quests and side quests all on their own. I probably just cost you several dozen hours right here. ;)
I'm pretty sure I maxed out Neon and Atlantis, neon probably is my favorite hub, with lots to do there. Atlantis seemed more like a beginners paradise, like the Citadel in Mass Effect, which it clearly was inspired by. Akila however seems to be pretty dry on content so far, I've started to explore it later in the game, but nothing major has revealed itself so far there. There were a comparable number of missions on Cydonia that were more fun than Akila.
I am taking a break from the game at present. The NG+ setup really doesn't do anything for me and I don't feel compelled to move into that. For me, this game doesn't need it and YMMV for anyone else.
I don't want it spoiled what is this big NG+ twist. I'm just hoping the skills carry over to NG+.

like this
Spent the last few days powering through 11 runs of NG.

Huge NG+ spoilers:
Ranking the unique universes ...
1. Multiple You
2. Child Constellation
3. Constellation with You
4. Sarah vs. You
5. Just Cora
6. Just Andrea
7. Plant Sarah
8. Just Walter
9. Just The Hunter
10. Just Vasco

Achieved using https://www.nexusmods.com/starfield/mods/3673/

Some of my favorite content in the game, it's insane 99% of the playerbase will never see any of it.

Last edited:
like this
I haven’t seen anyone post about fluid motion frame insertion for Starfield yet. My fps went from 70-120 to 100-300 at 2560x1080 and it still looks as good as it did before. I’m running a 7800X3D with a 7900XT gpu on windows 10.

Huge NG+ spoilers:
1. Multiple You
2. Child Constellation
4. Sarah vs. You
5. Just Cora
6. Just Andrea
7. Plant Sarah
8. Just Walter
9. Just The Hunter
10. Just Vasco

Some of my favorite content in the game, it's insane 99% of the playerbase will never see any of it.

I admit some of that I want to see. It's good time for me to a break but I will look into this.

It probably goes without saying at this point but if you are looking around if you see planets and moons with this "..." give those priority over anything else. It helps focus the exploring a bit.

Skills carry over to NG+. Neon is my favorite place as well. I got my Deus Ex on in that place. ;)

If you want companions that just don't give a flyin' fig and you can do no wrong then it's Adoring Fan or Vasco all the way.

I tend to agree with others on this: Assign Vasco to your ship. Don't take him with you unless you're doing serious planet cultivation and/or hard combat. He can tend to get in the way and especially for any stealth situations.

When you assign him to your ship he is almost a second companion at times. He will defend the ship and defend you if it's within his reach. Don't forget you can equip weapons and suits to companions, too. Pay attention to their strengths. Sometimes they even say things like "if you ever find a pistol" etc.

The personal quests that are available are still really good though. Don't miss them.

Huge NG+ spoilers:
1. Multiple You
2. Child Constellation
4. Sarah vs. You
5. Just Cora
6. Just Andrea
7. Plant Sarah
8. Just Walter
9. Just The Hunter
10. Just Vasco

I also powered through the runs. I used a console command instead of a mod to do the same thing you did and I would agree on most, but I would rank #3 as my #1.
It is funny, after NG+ I now just build ships and play around with outposts.

Huge NG+ spoilers:
1. Multiple You
2. Child Constellation
4. Sarah vs. You
5. Just Cora
6. Just Andrea
7. Plant Sarah
8. Just Walter
9. Just The Hunter
10. Just Vasco

The fact that you're doing NG+ means 99% of the fanbase won't see it.

If my math is right, without mods it would take hundreds of NG+ runs to see all the "content" so it's very unlikely anyone ever does it.
Bethesda is crazy.

Last edited:
NG+ was definitely a missed opportunity. The randomness of it is stupid.
They could have added new dialogues, new ways to complete quest, new quest, new lore, etc. While some of that is there it isn't a lot.

Imagine you have a dice with 66 sides.
How many times would you have to roll it to land on the numbers 1-10 at least once each?
Default chance to get a variant world is 15%, so 85% chance you just get another "base" version of the world. This is why i used the console commands to set the chance to 100%.
Even at 100% you have a chance to get a duplicate, so in the hundreds to see every possible variant would be valid.

Default chance to get a variant world is 15%, so 85% chance you just get another "base" version of the world. This is why i used the console commands to set the chance to 100%.
Even at 100% you have a chance to get a duplicate, so in the hundreds to see every possible variant would be valid.
Depends on whether or not there is an RNG "pity" system that increases your chances the longer you go without seeing a variant world.

Not posting for the content. She's yapping about Ai or politics or whatever. But here is Andreja. Her actual voice if you didn't know.

View: https://youtu.be/RedYB60_FDg?si=Ns4HpDR64RWcsQmj

A little surprising.

I thought she sounded somewhat south-american in game.

Why hire someone to fake a foreign accent when you can hire someone who has the real thing? That kind of stuff never made any sense to me.

Any of you trying to speed run up to ng+10 yet? How quickly can you get through a run? Seems like it would be immensely boring to get through that many times.

Back