Starfield

Had an odd bug last night.

I was out in some far out system, and was extorted by a level ~50 Ecliptic ship. You know one of those, give me credits or we will attack you. I said no, and it resulted in a space battle. I brought down their shields and engines, and - while I wasn't trying to - I wound up having an opportunity to board, so I did it.

Wound up in an intense battle with security people on the ship. Picked them up off one after one. Once the battle concluded, and all the opponents on the attacking ship were dead, "Andreja hated that", accused me of being a murderer, and when I tried to fly off and claim the ship, I had a $15,000 bounty on New Atlantis.

I'm like wtf?

To be fair, the crew on the ship didn't look like they were wearing Ecliptic gear, they looked more like UC officers, but the ship was named Ecliptic III or something, and they extorted and attacked me, not the other way around.

I wonder if the game got confused and spawned the wrong NPC's on board the ship when boarding, and that resulted in a murder charge...

Has anyone else experienced this?

I had something similar happen early in the game. For no reason, UC Navy ships (not UC Vanguard, UC Secdef or UC Security) would be red and attack me on sight. I couldn't figure out what was going on, or why. There were no bounties to pay anywhere, so it was doubly confusing. In order to get the game to work right again and not constantly be at war with UC Navy, I had to use a console command to reset all bounties (and that - of course - was listed as a cheat, so it disabled all achievements, but I guess I don't care, as I don't play for achievements anyway)

This game has had a pretty good launch for the 2020's, with relatively few bugs (though there are inexplicable performance issues aplenty) but every now and then some random shit like this seems to happen.
There was a ship I wanted so I use player.additem f 500000, got rich bought ship. It was boring so I stopped playing but yeah there us some major baked in cheat codes and the desire to use them is astronomical because the game is not really fun grinding for no shareable experience or reward as if it were an mmo. Even in NoMansSky its worth the effort because someone might see your base due to being shareable and multi-player

Last edited:
There was a ship I wanted so I use player.additem f 500000, got rich bought ship. It was boring so I stopped playing but yeah there us some major baked in cheat codes and the desire to use them is astronomical because the game is not really fun grinding for no shareable experience or reward as if it were an mmo. Even in NoMansSky its worth the effort because someone might see your base due to being shareable and multi-player
I really don't understand this. It sounds like you want a multiplayer game. Why would you buy this game?

I really don't understand this. It sounds like you want a multiplayer game. Why would you buy this game?

Yeah, I have to agree.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like it if games get too grindy to the point where it feels pointless, but working towards an accomplishment, and saving up to get a better weapon, or better spaceship part, or something else is part of the fun.

Take that away, and all you have is instant gratification all the time, and that is no fun at all.

Had an odd bug last night.

I was out in some far out system, and was extorted by a level ~50 Ecliptic ship. You know one of those, give me credits or we will attack you. I said no, and it resulted in a space battle. I brought down their shields and engines, and - while I wasn't trying to - I wound up having an opportunity to board, so I did it.

Wound up in an intense battle with security people on the ship. Picked them up off one after one. Once the battle concluded, and all the opponents on the attacking ship were dead, "Andreja hated that", accused me of being a murderer, and when I tried to fly off and claim the ship, I had a $15,000 bounty on New Atlantis.

I'm like wtf?

To be fair, the crew on the ship didn't look like they were wearing Ecliptic gear, they looked more like UC officers, but the ship was named Ecliptic III or something, and they extorted and attacked me, not the other way around.

I wonder if the game got confused and spawned the wrong NPC's on board the ship when boarding, and that resulted in a murder charge...

Has anyone else experienced this?
For some reason if I walk into the Hopetech offices they open fire on me immediately. That doesn't happen anywhere else in the galaxy. According to the bounty terminal I have no bounties on me so there isn't a fine I can pay to make it stop. If I want to go in there I have to use the console commands to deactivate AI detection of my character.

For some reason if I walk into the Hopetech offices they open fire on me immediately. That doesn't happen anywhere else in the galaxy. According to the bounty terminal I have no bounties on me so there isn't a fine I can pay to make it stop. If I want to go in there I have to use the console commands to deactivate AI detection of my character.
I have the same bug and my companion just kills the 2 guards at the front and everyone else is cool with it when they are dead. I think it must be from the Hope/Ranger quest.

Meh I deleted my reply. Was off topic. However in the spirit of not being so cynical maybe with some large patches and bug fixing and even better modding the game will go from a 75 to an 80%. Maybe even 85% woo-hoo!

My mars/cydonia ship tech is still MIA, found him in the wastes once cause I had to talk to him for a quest, but my manually placed marker poofed when I left. Hoped that the last patch would fix it but nope. Dont wanna do the console command to move him till mods are properly supported... meh

So, um, I guess I've seen stranger cross-promotion.... I assume these give +3 Health?

PXL_20230928_190430564.jpg

And some funnies, just b/c:
Screenshot 2023-09-14 190627.png

Working on the Warp Coils, Geordi?

I DIDN'T DO IT! He decapitated HIMSELF! (Actually, I watched him slowly sink into the floor.)
Screenshot 2023-09-24 234815.png

I get it: it's hard to sleep with all these damn lights on:
Screenshot 2023-09-25 191747.png

Oops, my bad, didn't realize you were in here.... Wait, why are you standing up....?
Screenshot 2023-09-25 005552.png

-bZj

Meh I deleted my reply. Was off topic. However in the spirit of not being so cynical maybe with some large patches and bug fixing and even better modding the game will go from a 75 to an 80%. Maybe even 85% woo-hoo!
There is no doubt the game has issues. Bethesda does its usual sloppy job and outdated ways of doing things. Even so, I haven't enjoyed a game this much since Cyberpunk 2077 came out. (Which was a lot and I've got over 600 hours in that game now.)

What is even the point of using this? If you want to cheat, just use console to give yourself money. But imo breaking natural progression will only hurt your experience in the long run.
Believe it or not there are peeps that want nothing to do with console commands, and rather cheese the game with exploits, plus this works on the Xbox as well.

Believe it or not there are peeps that want nothing to do with console commands, and rather cheese the game with exploits, plus this works on the Xbox as well.
To his point, use whatever mental gymnastics you need to justify it, but the end result is the same.
You are correct, though, this does work for Xbox

Well that is exactly it they try to pretend that using exploits is not really cheating, but it is, isn't it?
In my opinion it is worse because straight up using cheats at least blocks achievements, but with exploits you can still get them without earning them.

Well that is exactly it they try to pretend that using exploits is not really cheating, but it is, isn't it?
In my opinion it is worse because straight up using cheats at least blocks achievements, but with exploits you can still get them without earning them.

Unless they get this mod for achievements:

https://www.nexusmods.com/starfield/mods/658

I myself would just use the console commands, but like I said, there are others that don't even know what a ini. is, let alone knowing how to input commands in the console, and there are many many, achievement whores out there as well.

I think for now on I might just start putting a disclaimer with some the hacks I post or just stop all together smh.

I myself would just use the console commands, but like I said, there are others that don't even know what a ini. is, let alone knowing how to input commands in the console, and there are many many, achievement whores out there as well.

I think for now on I might just start putting a disclaimer with some the hacks I post or just stop all together smh.
Don't let these babies on here tell you what to do. Post the cheats. Some people have fun exploiting a game because thats fun. They paid for the game and should play how they like. I like using console commands. It's fun spawning 2 million hotdogs in your ship.

There is no doubt the game has issues. Bethesda does its usual sloppy job and outdated ways of doing things. Even so, I haven't enjoyed a game this much since Cyberpunk 2077 came out. (Which was a lot and I've got over 600 hours in that game now.)

You make it sound like that was a long time ago.

I feel like Cyberpunk 2077 only just came out a little while ago :p

I mean, what has even come out between Cyberpunk and Starfield in the AAA FPS w. RPG elements genre?

I can only think of two titles off the top of my head. Far Cry 6 and Dying Light 2 :p

Last edited:

Oh, don't be such a snowflake, if you don't want people to comment on your posts put them on your personal blog and turn off comments. A discussion forum is for discussing things. I know, right, who would've thought.
Don't let these babies on here tell you what to do. Post the cheats. Some people have fun exploiting a game because thats fun. They paid for the game and should play how they like. I like using console commands. It's fun spawning 2 million hotdogs in your ship.
You just criticized the game for having built in cheats, and now it is fun? At least be consistent about the things you hate about the game.
And you can stop sulking. The mean people of the internetz disagreed with you, get over it, it's not the end of the world.

Oh, don't be such a snowflake, if you don't want people to comment on your posts put them on your personal blog and turn off comments. A discussion forum is for discussing things. I know, right, who would've thought.

You just criticized the game for having built in cheats, and now it is fun? At least be consistent about the things you hate about the game.
And you can stop sulking. The mean people of the internetz disagreed with you, get over it, it's not the end of the world.
You're like like a living inflammation. The thread was back on track then you go making your personal attacks again. Since it's a discussion forum figured I'd post the obvious. Now back on topic. Exploiting is heavily welcome in this game. It's because the developers knew the game was only fun for the first 20 hours then it would have to be exploited in order to get another 10 out of it.

When did I say anything about not wanting people to comment on my posts? I get not everyone likes exploits, but to get vocal about such a mundane thing is just silly.

Besides you are the only one giving me shit about the said post, so if my future posts trigger a response from you, feel free to share your thoughts and rest assured I won't get my feelings hurt even being deemed a snowflake, which couldn't be any further from the truth.

BOT:
EDIT: Disclaimer: M76 Do not watch this video. May contain exploits that do not agree with you.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaN1t6GWnFQ

Last edited:
You make it sound like that was a long time ago.

I feel like Cyberpunk 2077 only just came out a little while ago :p

I mean, what has even come out between Cyberpunk and Starfield in the AAA FPS w. RPG elements genre?

I can only think of two titles off the top of my head. Far Cry 6 and Dying Light 2 :p
It doesn't need to contain RPG elements, I'm just saying there hasn't been anything else that's come out in that time I've found all that exciting personally. Admittedly, the range for my taste in games and general entertainment is very narrow. In fact, RPG's like Starfield are really hit and miss with me. I don't care for the fantasy genre ones and its rare to see a science fiction RPG in the same vein. Cyberpunk 2077 is probably my favorite game of that type by far. It's one of my go to "fuck around for an hour or so" games. I can just load that game up with a crap ton of mods and mess around driving through Night City and enjoy myself well enough to pass some time.

I do agree that the end game repeating of the same game play loop 240 times is way too grindy (plus getting the artifacts). Every time i go to the Unity, i do the trick to change the chance of getting a variant world to 100%, to make each time through at least a bit different.

Every time i go to the Unity, i do the trick to change the chance of getting a variant world to 100%, to make each time through at least a bit different.
What is this? I know about the unity and the new game plus mechanic, but I am not sure what you are talking about with the variant worlds.

Amazing that a free game could cause so much riff between people, it's like we payed for this pain and suffering.

What is this? I know about the unity and the new game plus mechanic, but I am not sure what you are talking about with the variant worlds.
You can potentially get different universes when you step into the Unity. My current one I went into Constellation and met myself and was able to add him/me as a crewmate.
I use a console command to force 100% chance, default is 15%. Here is a site with the different options.
Alternate Universes

You can potentially get different universes when you step into the Unity. My current one I went into Constellation and met myself and was able to add him/me as a crewmate.
I use a console command to force 100% chance, default is 15%. Here is a site with the different options.
Alternate Universes
Thank you for clearing that up.

It doesn't need to contain RPG elements, I'm just saying there hasn't been anything else that's come out in that time I've found all that exciting personally. Admittedly, the range for my taste in games and general entertainment is very narrow. In fact, RPG's like Starfield are really hit and miss with me. I don't care for the fantasy genre ones and its rare to see a science fiction RPG in the same vein. Cyberpunk 2077 is probably my favorite game of that type by far. It's one of my go to "fuck around for an hour or so" games. I can just load that game up with a crap ton of mods and mess around driving through Night City and enjoy myself well enough to pass some time.

I have to agree with that. I was trying to temper my expectations for Cyberpunk, as hype is never a good sign, and when the launch happened and it was catastrophic I just didn't play it for 10 months, but when I did it was excellent.

I started on v1.31. All the issues were resolved at that point The game looked gorgeous, gunplay was fun, the lore, music, stories etc. were top notch, and the city just felt alive. Prior to Cyberpunk the Dues Ex series was probably my favorite, but I think Cyberpunk topped the Deus Ex series.

I guess my thought when you posted that was, jeez, Cyberpunk was only three games ago :p Doesn't seem like a huge sample size on which to judge the direction of games :p

I'll agree though. Starfield has been the best since Cyberpunk. I just don't think that means very much because there haven't really been many data points in between :p

Last edited:
Finally found a plunger I could loot. My experience is complete. Well... now I just need to find a use for all the tape and tools I keep picking up.

Anybody wanna test if cells are the same across all games?
I found a bartender in this cell (every time) on Venus.

Use this mod to zoom all the way in:
https://www.nexusmods.com/starfield/mods/1778

Just look for the Civilian Outpost when you land.
I'll start a new NG+ later today and test it then. But I wonder if it's the same for everyone.

I think it will always be a Civilian Outpost, but a different type randomly each time

Last edited:
100 hours or so of what I think is pretty thorough playthrough I have finally reached NG+. Wow. I hasten to add that if this game had no NG+ concept it would be more than enough and I am very well satisfied.

Opinion with spoiler related comments:
I do think the multiverse concept has been way overused and overdone. I think it's a cop out or at least an easy road to one. Despite that, I have to say that it's been handled well enough here to make me at least want to take a spin on NG+ so kudos to Bethesda for that.

Back