Starfield: Let's see Your Ships!

So the above ship actually causes lots of issues with the game. Although there are people out there that have managed to build larger ships than me, I don't think they have full interiors the way mine do. When I saw they have full interiors, I mean each deck for the most part has a full layout from front to back on the ship and one that's as wide as the internal volume of the ship in most cases. As a result, I think mine cause issues with the game due to their complexity. Trying to use that ship causes the game to crash. I can barely ever get onboard. Though one the rare occasions I can, once in space it usually works fine so long as I don't land it. The game really does have a limit of around 200m, and that ship goes way over. This one only has about 18,000 mass compared to almost 30,000. It only needed 9x Class M engines to maintain 100 mobility versus the 12 needed for the larger version.

As a result, I built a slightly more conservative design that's less complex as its 41m shorter and has 2 fewer decks. Here it is next to the Key. Firepower is like the first class M ship I did. That is, its more conservative than the larger ship. The firepower of any of these designs is absurdly overpowered. I can probably still one shot the Vigilance's shields or pretty close to it. Hell, I have smaller Class-C ships that have half as much firepower that basically one shot most targets in the game even on hard difficulty. So I went for what I thought looked more aesthetic rather than going for outright firepower.

1698510680307.png

1698511071773.png

1698510961764.png

Last edited:
Damn. These awesome ships make me wish the game was more fun so I could play it more.

Reactions: uOpt
like this
Then just build ships? Make that your game.
That isn't what I want to do in any Bethesda RPG. I found base-building fun in Fallout 4, but it took up very little of my time as I didn't do it much... exploration, quests, travel, and story are what I want from Bethesda.

Endgame Class B 104DS Mag Inertial 39 energy reactor (+5 from max Aneutronic Fusion skill) multi-role ship - this is my Frontier now. No ladders using the Nova Galactic Cabot C4 bridge with stairs. The only part from the original Frontier is the hab:

Photo_2023-11-06-110701.png

Photo_2023-11-06-112359.png

Photo_2023-11-06-112607.png

Photo_2023-11-06-112453.png

Last edited:
I started out trying to modify the Razorleaf but ended up just building one from scratch to get a feel for the builder:

1703235192269.png

1703235290910.png

While it's lacking in the storage department, it's pretty well equipped for combat.

Back