Starcraft II

The only thing that's funny about is how players view one another. I have a separate account I play Zerg on, and it's no harder than protoss what so ever, just different. Everyone needs to take their stupid opinions about which race is easiest and leave it at the door. If you think one race is fundamentally easier than another, play random.

Well said. Exactly why I can't stand that guy idra, or all the other "imba" kids.

Yeah.. I thought we were all over this already.. just play which ever race you want to play!! Pictures like those or statements about imba... I used to think like that a long time ago. There is always a way to beat something.

Yeah.. I thought we were all over this already.. just play which ever race you want to play!! Pictures like those or statements about imba... I used to think like that a long time ago. There is always a way to beat something.

Absolutely, be creative, solve problems and think on your feet when you get surprised. Study your replays, pick out the flaws and fix them one at time.

I think the most important thing I did when I switched to Zerg is to trust my criticism when I'm watching a replay. I'm not one for writing down what I did wrong, but I'd watch a handful of losses each night and keep a little mental checklist of little things to improve upon. That includes what to look for in certain openers and how to react. I value getting surprised by different timings in games now, seeing a strategy or timing I'm unfamiliar with gives me a new thing to learn about and improve my play.

MC out of code A now.

Protoss design flaws are becoming more and more apparent as this game ages. Patch 1.4 isn't going to help Protoss much with its problems as they are broken on a design level. It's becoming more and more frustrating to play them these days.

the weakest race is protoss atm and strongest is terran (this is at progamer level) for all all us noobs not in grandmasters it really doesnt matter what race we play

i play random in masters NA

MC out of code A now.

Protoss design flaws are becoming more and more apparent as this game ages. Patch 1.4 isn't going to help Protoss much with its problems as they are broken on a design level. It's becoming more and more frustrating to play them these days.
Lol? Protoss might have a few stupid and uncreative units but it's not broken on a design level, at least any more than the rest of SC2 is. Unit clumping and 1a syndrome are really becoming a problem for Protoss because moving anywhere is going to automatically form a ball and puts HT's in vulnerable positions.

The bigger deal is that Terran needs some tweaks but Blizzard's 2/3 Gold balance team hasn't figured out that snipe at 25 energy and instant cast EMP are problematic. There's some timings to work out with 1/1/1, but maps can go a long way to fix that and most of the time when people complain about 1/1/1, they're not actually facing it. Sometimes tactics just need some time to get fleshed out, and a few friendly maps. A month or two of domination isn't enough to fix that.

If it bothers you that much, just start playing/watching BW instead. It's a much better/deeper game, and there's no better place to get introduced than the Jangbi/Fantasy finals.

EDIT: I'd really like to see a video of a balance team meeting. They have a heavy reliance on statistics, but their quantitative results are basically bullshit. 99.9999999999% of ladder games on Bnet have no pertinence to true balance, and even when the right players are playing, they're playing on Blizzard's awful map pool.

Last edited:
If it bothers you that much, just start playing/watching BW instead. It's a much better/deeper game, and there's no better place to get introduced than the Jangbi/Fantasy finals.

It's a much more mature game. As Artosis said on SOTG last night, everybody in SC2 sucks right now. Compared to players who have been competing in the 12 year old BW scene, they're just terrible at the game. Yeah, there's balance stuff to consider, but the constant fluxuations and volatility of the pro scene in SC2 are a testament to the fact that nobody has it figured out just yet.

I think my workplace is going to start participating in the AHGL (after hours gaming league ... a league for working folk). We apparently have a grandmaster in the company... Should be interesting.

Is anyone else experiencing lag and sound issues with the new patch?

Also... NP nerf on infestors suck. Range 6? :rolleyes:

It's a much more mature game. As Artosis said on SOTG last night, everybody in SC2 sucks right now. Compared to players who have been competing in the 12 year old BW scene, they're just terrible at the game. Yeah, there's balance stuff to consider, but the constant fluxuations and volatility of the pro scene in SC2 are a testament to the fact that nobody has it figured out just yet.

Of course but I think with Collosi, Concussive Shell, Fungal, FF there's just less room for brilliance. Pros still have a long way to go with their unit control but there might just be less room for growth in WoL. We'll have to wait for at least HotS to make a real determination and maybe Void, but WoL is losing some of its luster for me.

I thought that immortals were going to be more powerful, but it's just a minor range upgrade. Who cares?

That was a huge change IMO... 1 range might look meh on paper, but in practice immortals are slower than stalkers so they fall behind in the ball. During a fight, the stalkers aquire their target first and block out the shorter ranged immortals who often skirt around in the rear without doing much. Being the same range just makes everything smoother.

Yea, they often end up just attacking close-range/melee units like zerglings or zealots or something useless to them. The range upgrade can also help with some cute tactical play like attacking from below a cliff more safely (as long as there's a spotter) or defending a wider area on the high ground.

the immortal change was pretty huge tbh. you are going to see them get used alot more in pvp.

immortal is not a good unit if you are bad at micro. you absolutely have to hit armored with it or just dont bother building it. its always sad to see ppl in master league going 2/3 gate robo gets out a immortal and die to my 4 gate because they are terrible at micro.

I suck at SC2 but I love watching the replays of people who are good at the game, HD Starcraft on youtube is getting a lot of views from me these days :p

just finished watching the stream. who knew floating a factory into a protoss bases can cause so much havok

Game 2 Kiwikaki vs Sephano was the best ZvP ever! :D

It was probably the best game of SC2 I've ever seen. It wasn't like some of those boring, long-winded TvT matches where it just turns into a tank leapfrog fuckheap of passivity. There was actually a lot of action and good downtime in between to make it extremely tense. I typically hate games that last that long as they almost always get super boring, but not that one.

If you have any love for SC2 and didn't see Kiwikaki vs. Stephano game 2, watch it. It is totally worth it.

And Stephano for the swarm! GG to both players.

Only three Protoss players in the round of 16!

edit: Great play from Idra.

Last edited:
I am just wondering is this game still really popular? I haven't played for like 5 months and I know a lot of my friends quit as well. That's why I am just wondering if this game is still big. I will probably play again when the next expansion comes.

I am just wondering is this game still really popular? I haven't played for like 5 months and I know a lot of my friends quit as well. That's why I am just wondering if this game is still big. I will probably play again when the next expansion comes.

I don't understand what you mean by that

there will always be people playing ladder or popular custom games

Wait, lets get back to the important part. No sex before marriage for incontrols gf? Wtf... she better be providing a serious amount of relief for that poor guy then....

Wait, lets get back to the important part. No sex before marriage for incontrols gf? Wtf... she better be providing a serious amount of relief for that poor guy then....

She might just say that publicly since she's a beauty pageant girl after all.

Oh my bad. What I meant was are there still those big tournaments going on in Korea. Or is that over?

Don't forget Blizzcon in the following week, where they'll host the Oct GSL finals. I think they'll have their own international tournament going as well.

Back