Starcraft II

4gates arent as almighty as complainers seem to make it out to be. The recent 20 second nerf to warpgate severely hurts the 4 gate. 4gate is also most effective in a PvP. I'd hardly say theres any huge imbalances. I may be reading this wrong but your post seems to say that a protoss is imba against a zerg which i strongly disagree with.

Its pretty much known by any high level player that protoss vrs zerg is imba to say the least. NOT just idra. If you let toss get on 3 bases its almost an autowin unless you can spread their army enough and even then they have to mess up. Look at MCs record versus zerg in Bo3. His losses were due to terrible play(he lost 2-0 to idra when he was jetlagged and then Lorisa game was due to poor play and risk by losira(top zerg still had to play coin-flip and count on MC to play poorly)) and the rest were walkovers. Lots of protoss who are low level noobs think playing vrs zerg is hard but match making means he has an equal chance. The imbalance doesnt start to be apparent until you play at higher levels. So unless you are GM its really tough for you to talk about imbalances.

Last edited:
MC is just one player and your argument is terribly weak. A quick lookup on teamliquid shows MC's PvZ record to be 66.67% and Nestea's ZvP to be 85%. Cherry picking players and using their records as evidence is not reasoning for claiming protoss is imba. As for the 4gating into masters, the same could be said for 6-10 pool builds.

MC is just one player and your argument is terribly weak. A quick lookup on teamliquid shows MC's PvZ record to be 66.67% and Nestea's ZvP to be 85%. Cherry picking players and using their records as evidence is not reasoning for claiming protoss is imba. As for the 4gating into masters, the same could be said for 6-10 pool builds.

6-10 pool builds are terrible and will not get you to masters. I think your knowledge of the game is lacking after that comment.

Way to completely disregard my response to your "look up MC's stats" argument and attack a statement i made and try to discredit my knowledge of a game. 4gates wont get you to masters either as most high level diamonds/masters should be able to scout and counter it with ease, i know i play zerg myself. And before you bring up pro's using 4gates in matches, there are also korean pros that 6pool. Forgot who but someone recently in GSL or GSTL just did it last week.

Way to completely disregard my response to your "look up MC's stats" argument and attack a statement i made and try to discredit my knowledge of a game. 4gates wont get you to masters either as most high level diamonds/masters should be able to scout and counter it with ease, i know i play zerg myself. And before you bring up pro's using 4gates in matches, there are also korean pros that 6pool. Forgot who but someone recently in GSL or GSTL just did it last week.

I gave you MCs stats. There are lots of GMs that are just 4/6 gate machines. Just as there are a few one base superhero terran.

<10pools are cheese builds meant to keep an opponent off guard. They were well on certain maps, very few actually. They are coin-flips at best and used to keep your opponent honest. They are rarely used in the grand scheme of things.

I am not ignoring your quickly googled/searched for MCs stats. I gave MCs stats and records versus zerg. He hasn't really lost a BO3 vrs a zerg. Your nestea stats are wrong and screwed towards the early tournys.

MC has lost almost never BO3 after he got good. You should pretty much know MCs recent BO3 stats vrs zerg. You shouldnt have to google. Most people have watched the games and its pretty common knowledge. ret/los/idra.

As much as I like to argue with apparently a less than diamond player(who else would say that about 6-10 pool) I am out of here.

Last edited:
Not here to argue either just saying that i hate when people complain about imba when there really isn't a huge advantage as someone makes it out to be. If protoss was that imba i dunno why its the least used race in Code S. Nesteas score if anything would've went up considering he rofl stomped Inca, which is probably one of my most hated players. Oh and i am rank 3 diamond, pretty low but im hoping to get higher in the next season :).

Clearly the only way to solve this battle of the minds is for the two of you to meet on battle.net and settle it with a game.

And then post the replay.

And you COULD still 4-gate/ 6-gate your way to masters if you are toss with very little micro of game knowledge. Almost any one can play toss at the masters level.
Let me guess, you play Zerg :rolleyes:.

And yes I am well aware of how MMR works within BNET.

I'm sorry, but the whole PvZ matchup being imbalanced argument is weak. I beat Zergs who are just bad players in general, no micro, a-move noobs. Who also don't know how to rally their hatches or remax an army. I lose to Zergs who hold off aggression, use infestors, micro properly and remax their army. These are all players within the same league and with similar wins/points as me.

If you play zerg and you lose to protoss, it simply comes down to you playing worse than your opponent, or not knowing how to deal with certain army compositions.

As much as I like to argue with apparently a less than diamond player(who else would say that about 6-10 pool) I am out of here.
Very mature.

I disagree wholeheartedly. Zerg is much harder to play than Protoss. I stand by my viewpoint that Protoss is easier to master than Zerg, its still hard, but not as. But when you master protoss, its just easier to play against Zerg. It also takes a zerg player way more micro than a protoss player to win.

You can't really compare professional level play with your standard diamond or even masters ladder play. There's so much more to the game at that level than what race you play.

It's commonly accepted that Protoss is the easiest race to play. That doesn't really apply at IdrA / HuK's level though... so the arguments are really pointless.

Well it is a problem with "balance" in any game really. What is balanced for a certain level of play may not be for another. Haven't played in a long time, are Void Rays still having the issue of being unbalanced in lower level play vs higher level play?

gK9hM.jpg

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9A-s-MJ2Leo&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - &#x202a;One Year Down - StarCraft 2&#39;s First Year&#x202c;&rlm;[/ame]

I know that there was a "World of Starcraft" custom map posted a while back, but check out [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mZNrzKLO5I&feature=feedu"]Starcraft Universe[/ame]!

I just came :D

However, it does look to be "unplayable" to me. The 3rd person perspective in these custom games tend to be awkward and have a low FoV giving me massive head pains. They'd have to really tighten up the camera control to make it really awesome.

That looks amazing but there is so much going on I can hardly make out characters at times .. which is pretty insane if you ask me.

But I'm going to keep my eye on this one.

Started playing again and had to place. I am in the fucking silver league. I haven't played in a long time and I am going to suck again. Should be fun.

New GM ladder is out. More proof that Blizzard's system is pretty awful at the top levels.

Little tip for those who are just starting out... Lose ALL your ranking matches. Start as low as you possibly can that way you rack in more wins to allow you to gain the portraits, decals and achievments.

The ranking system is so broken.

Been focusing on 2v2 at the moment, T.P. I feed my team mate and stick with mariners with ups and he goes for archon/dt/zealot and we just walk over everyone. Starting to notice a lot more people feeding and using the DT/Archon/Zealot strat which is starting to get very annoying because now we actually have to try >< we still win but w.e

Little tip for those who are just starting out... Lose ALL your ranking matches. Start as low as you possibly can that way you rack in more wins to allow you to gain the portraits, decals and achievments.

Been focusing on 2v2 at the moment, T.P. I feed my team mate and stick with mariners with ups and he goes for archon/dt/zealot and we just walk over everyone. Starting to notice a lot more people feeding and using the DT/Archon/Zealot strat which is starting to get very annoying because now we actually have to try >< we still win but w.e
Huh, I was just about to post asking for newbie pointers :p

I've had the game since April or so but never actually touched it until a few days ago. I've just been playing the campaign, haven't played online yet, I want to get better first so I don't totally make a fool out of myself :D

For anybody at all interested in the pro scene lots of foreigners are playing in the GSL tonight.

SaSe, Naniwa, Thorzain, and Jinro all have matches in Code A, I believe all shown right in a row.

I should do that, since i've never played any 1v1 :D

On the other hand, I played my 4v4 placement match tonight. Got my ass handed to me quite easily (never mind the fact that I haven't played the game in a month), and was placed in Diamond. Upgrade from last season's Plat :p

Last edited:
For anybody at all interested in the pro scene lots of foreigners are playing in the GSL tonight.

SaSe, Naniwa, Thorzain, and Jinro all have matches in Code A, I believe all shown right in a row.

Oh man, that was a slaughter. The gap of skill between Koreans and foreigners remains rather high :eek: Poor Jinro's fall from grace. It's hard to believe he was twice a Code S semi-finalist.

Does anyone play special elite forces on custom maps? if so, does it lag toward the end? (like the map or server wise)

I have never played an RTS. I'm downloading the SC2 starter edition as I type this and after reading through this thread it seems as though I've got some catching up to do...I'm thinking I will use hot keys from the beginning. What say you RTS/SC2 pros?

Well there's certainly nothing stopping you from using hotkeys from the get-go, but you should probably play against an easy AI a few times to get the general feel of the game. (I'm not a pro btw :p)

I should do that, since i've never played any 1v1 :D

On the other hand, I played my 4v4 placement match tonight. Got my ass handed to me quite easily (never mind the fact that I haven't played the game in a month), and was placed in Diamond. Upgrade from last season's Plat :p

I try to stay away from 4s unless im baked. 3v3 is better to practice builds and get more wins. 4s you just mass 1 unit and run.

I suck at this game, I played some of it with my friend yesterday, he really rapes hard, meanwhile, i suck :(

I need to play it more often, it's quite fun once you get the hang of things.

It takes a while to get the game down (unless your Korean:p) just keep practicing and watch some of day9 videos he does a pretty good job at giving pointers.
http://day9.tv/

Back