Starcraft 2 Beta

oh man, guess the servers are slammed from the new patch?

I got the key from gamestop and i can't get patch 9 :(

oh man, guess the servers are slammed from the new patch?

I got the key from gamestop and i can't get patch 9 :(

I am dling it now through the client installer, going really slow I will never understand why these blizzard downloaders think I am behind I firewall when I have every port they ask for forwarded. Although I doubt it would really make a difference....

what's up with the beta? i can't even open the game. when i try, there's a small splash screen and the program seems to freeze.

yeah, having the same problem. The patch thing just goes over and over; installing, verifying, start over.. And it causes my desktop icons to flicker as well. This is weird.

I understand that, what I don't understand is why you would ever build dual cybers?

3/3 upgrades obviously for air as stated earlier ,that's if your opponent decides to turtle. It was merely just an example. Boosted Dual forge with zealots or stalkers at 1/1 will pretty much eat up any tier 1 unit from the opposing side. Point is, chrono boosting upgrades is a Tad Op

Didn't cost me a penny for my pre-order and even if it did I don't give a flip. I planned on buying this game on day one. The beta just makes it that more tantalizing.

Got my key this morning. Had the client downloading before I left for work so when I get home it's game time during the NFL draft.

After it patches! :D

Turn off Peer to Peer. Usually goes 10x faster for me that way.

I have often wondered why they don't give you an option to throttle your upload. I don't mind giving back in a torrent situation, but uploading at 250KB/s and choking my download from 2MB/s to 400KB/s just isn't worth it =/

Totally excited about the new patch, I wish twilight fortress would have been removed from ladder instead of some of the other 2v2 maps!

I keep waiting to see a patch that boosts toss air and it's consistently ignored. Am I the only one who feels protoss air units are completely underwhelming?

- Carriers have lost their initial volley damage now that the ints launch sequentially. For their cost they need to be able to lay on the damage faster.
- Void rays are only good against large targets. Extremely niche. The last change was more nerf than buff. Since the Pheonix can't really hit ground units without ridiculous micro, it falls to the Carrier to handle Protoss air's anti-ground role, but as described above it's a little too weak.
- Pheonixes don't suck completely, but compared to the Viking or Corrupter they're fairly lacking in utility. Their only advantage is their speed. I think a decrease is cost and buildtime would be appropriate.
- Motherships are too expensive and too fragile. They get singled out so fast they just can't survive long enough to be useful. I think they need a massive boost to survivability.

I keep waiting to see a patch that boosts toss air and it's consistently ignored. Am I the only one who feels protoss air units are completely underwhelming?

- Carriers have lost their initial volley damage now that the ints launch sequentially. For their cost they need to be able to lay on the damage faster.
- Void rays are only good against large targets. Extremely niche. The last change was more nerf than buff. Since the Pheonix can't really hit ground units without ridiculous micro, it falls to the Carrier to handle Protoss air's anti-ground role, but as described above it's a little too weak.
- Pheonixes don't suck completely, but compared to the Viking or Corrupter they're fairly lacking in utility. Their only advantage is their speed. I think a decrease is cost and buildtime would be appropriate.
- Motherships are too expensive and too fragile. They get singled out so fast they just can't survive long enough to be useful. I think they need a massive boost to survivability.

Phoenix getting a buff with build time and cost reduction will own zerg hands down when they go queen / overlord hunting.

DLed patch 9 but it keeps failing as well. Awesome. Any fix for this infinite patch loop?

my patch downloaded fine, but it said it can't apply it. then when i press ok, the dam program just closes. opening it will repeat this. o well, it is called BETA for a reason

so you want me to ...wait?? Unheard of. I'll try massaging my motherboard and shake my fans to see if that helps...

This. It's so crazy it might just work! Good thing I am still at work so I don't have to deal with this problem, they had better fix it in the next half hour.

Damn, just want to play, got the beta key from Gamestop and thought I was ready to roll.

Started the update, went to sleep because it was taking so long, and when I tried opening the program, it just did the patching cycle. Restarted my comp, patch applied perfectly. Try restarting your computers.

Game keeps dropping players left and right though, I've been in 2 matches so far, and first one, I got dropped within a min (Loss for me) and the next one dropped the other player as soon as I said glhf, lol (Win for me). I guess servers are in maintenance right now, I'd say wait a couple of hours before trying to log in again.

They just fixed the looping patch, but bnet is still unstable. Was able to get into a placement game but was kicked a couple minutes in.

Finally got logged back into Bnet, and did my placement matches.
When I first started the beta I was placed in copper(don't laugh =P) and there is obvious improvement as I was placed in Gold this time around.. 1vs1.

I'm fully expecting to get my ass kicked for awhile, but hoping I can learn a lot more in gold in preparation of the retail release.

anybody and everybody that wants someone to play with, any skill level add me. Horsemama.horsemama

The UI updates are pretty slick. I really like what they have done with Bnet 2.0 or whatever the fuck they are calling it.

wtf does this mean? it's driving me crazy! every time it goes through this patch loop, this is the msg i get, and when i click OK, sc2 just closes.

The patch "base\Mods\Liberty.SC2Mod\Base.SC2Data\TriggerLibs\MeleeAI.galaxy" could not be applied. (Invalid source file size: expected 49197, actual 49042.) If this problem persists, you may be able to solve it by uninstalling and then reinstalling the game. If you are unable to correct this problem, please contact Blizzard Technical Support. (BNUpdate::pTCApply)

I am still getting randomly booted from b.net, I haven't done my placement matches because I don't want to take a loss that way. Overall there are still a lot of mechanical bugs they needs work out. Party chat, voice chat, menus, hot keys, that don't function as they are supposed to.

My friend and I spent all night playing on custom games on the new maps, trying to get voice chat to work. Before the update our mics worked fine, now they are constantly spiking and cutting out. Voice chat while in a party seems to work but barely. But voice chat during matches is random, sometimes I could hear him but he couldn't hear and vice-versa. Another thing is that you can't set you MOUSE 4 or 5 buttons as push to talk. SC2 doesn't even recognize the keys, and every other key is already bound as something lol.

And now there is the huge larve glitch, that makes me cringe to play a zerg player. Overall this patch has been a huggge step back for the beta.

I know most of you have just gotten in, so make sure you post your name.handles in http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1504500

wtf does this mean? it's driving me crazy! every time it goes through this patch loop, this is the msg i get, and when i click OK, sc2 just closes.

were you using the beta loader to play single player games? I know I was using one since I didnt have a key, once I got the key and launched the normal version of sc2 it wouldnt patch and had a similar message. I had to un-install the game and re-install it then it worked fine, those beta launchers screw it up so it cant be patched.

were you using the beta loader to play single player games? I know I was using one since I didnt have a key, once I got the key and launched the normal version of sc2 it wouldnt patch and had a similar message. I had to un-install the game and re-install it then it worked fine, those beta launchers screw it up so it cant be patched.

yup, i was :p. i also uninstalled it, reinstalled and it works great.

they really need to fix the droppings. i was playing a 2v2 and i was getting rapped and ally didn't come help. as i was about to leave, all 3 players got dropped LOL, and i was the only win.

Hey guys, I've got a question about GameStop. I pre-ordered the game back when it was $50 and chose in-store pickup (I'll go get the beta code from the store when I go with my friend to pick up Super Street Fighter 4). Anyway, when I selected the pick-up store I was anticipating taking classes at the University over the summer. But because of a lack of classes offered that I need to take, I'll be going home over the summer. Is it possible to change the pick-up store in case the game happens to release some time during the summer?

They need to reinstate that 10 game placement match again if they haven't done that yet.

If you win 10 in a row (Plat), if you don't.. gold.

They need to reinstate that 10 game placement match again if they haven't done that yet.

If you win 10 in a row (Plat), if you don't.. gold.

Ya I wish it was still 10, I did placement matches 3 times when the stats kept resetting and went 3-2 all three times, however each time I was place different, first copper, then silver, and then bronze right before the reset. I have been looking at my opponents ranks and the time I got into silver I beat 2 gold ranked players lol.

Ya I wish it was still 10, I did placement matches 3 times when the stats kept resetting and went 3-2 all three times, however each time I was place different, first copper, then silver, and then bronze right before the reset. I have been looking at my opponents ranks and the time I got into silver I beat 2 gold ranked players lol.

Yeah, I think what Blizzard wanted to do with the 5 placement matches was to test out their ladder system and see if it worked properly. 10 placement matches gives a much better idea of how the player actually ranks though. I hope they do put that back in for the launch.

On another note, I like the new UI update!

Does anyone else have a problem where the game minimizes itself randomly in fullscreen mode? It happens a few times each game... really rather annoying.

So I'm a protoss player and my first five games have been with all Terrans. They usually spam Thors and I'm done, What should be my counter to cheap ass Thors?

Back