Star Wars: The Force Awakens Official Teaser

Lame. I will never forget LA and Disney that they decided to abandon Expanded Universe and go back to some silly stories. Jar Jar Abrams is defo #1 on my hit list for crimes against sci-fi & Humanity. To be deprived of job by any means necessary and his fucked up version of Trek (and surely SW - TIEs on ground level! X-Wings on water - idiots are unaware what happens when exhaust from ion engines mix with water) justify full trial in the Hague.

Absolutely certain that after Episode 7 is out there still be only 3 SW movies 4-5-6. The End.

Lame. I will never forget LA and Disney that they decided to abandon Expanded Universe and go back to some silly stories. Jar Jar Abrams is defo #1 on my hit list for crimes against sci-fi & Humanity. To be deprived of job by any means necessary and his fucked up version of Trek (and surely SW - TIEs on ground level! X-Wings on water - idiots are unaware what happens when exhaust from ion engines mix with water) justify full trial in the Hague.

Absolutely certain that after Episode 7 is out there still be only 3 SW movies 4-5-6. The End.

For some reason I imagined you typing this with your mother yelling at you in the background, your mouth full of cheese balls, and wearing a four day old shirt with pit stains.

I've seen only one comment that really made me lol over this trailer.

"There's a girl riding a refrigerator and you're all gonna bitch about the lightsaber?"

I disagree. The armor absolutely makes him black.
I agree, 86 5.0L is wrong, that guy is definitely black. If anything the contrast of the white armor makes him blacker.

On a serious note, can anyone explain to me what the friggen point of stormtrooper armor is anyway? Name ONE WEAPON that was ever defeated by the armor on camera that greatly minimizes their vision and hearing.

And if it really is a gas mask bio-suit like I've heard, then why the hell don't they carry WW1 style chemical/biological weapons and release them as a huge cloud to cover the area anytime they meet resistance?

Even little munchkin ewoks were kicking their asses.

The new Star Wars film actually looks nothing like a Star Wars film. The direction and cinematography is just too far too modern.

It's almost as if it's a JJ Abrams movie. Flashy sounds and lights and sweeping angles works for Star Wars not Star Trek, which I don't think he should've been given the job on.

Honestly? I have a hard time seeing where they couldn't at least "Match" the first 6 in overall quality. I grew up with Starwars yea, but I never turned into a "super" fan, just a fan. The original 3 honestly were never all that amazing. They were good enjoyable movies with their flaws. The next 3 were likewise good enjoyable movies with their flaws, granted they had a few more glaring flaws than the original but overall I didn't "hate" them. I am semi indifferent about new movies coming out, I'll watch them and I'll likely enjoy them. I don't see the point in getting all worked up with the hate and rage some of the super fans do. And with that said, I will bet good money they will find a reason to hate and despise the new movies just because they "Aren't the originals".

The context of the first 3 has to be understood. At the time the movie industry was in severe decline. Hollywood was in a rut of look at your naval movies, cop/mob movies, disaster films, and cheezy Disney Schlock which has been disappeared down the memory hole. With rare exceptions like Space Odessy, Special effects were almost non-existent except poorly done in B-movies and Sci-Fi/Fantasy was generally B-movie fare. Action films outside cop/movies were non-existent as well. The media industry was in a 'bad mood'. The cop movies or disaster films you might think were heroic generally weren't. All things had a negative vibe with extremely 'flawed' or unlikable characters.

There's a reason you're more likely to see a re-run from the 40's, 50's or 60's than the 70's, tv or movies.

Star Wars was a breath of fresh air. Sci-Fi and special effects taken seriously combined with action and clear good guys and bad guys and pretty adult-ish at the time for a non-cop movie (for its timeframe it was targeted for young adults). It was like the first hit of crack for a generation.

Personally I liked the small look we got.

I really would't mind an entertaining action sci-fi movie. I liked Abrams' Trek, but probably because I was not a trek.

Lightsaber? Meh personally I don't think every bad guy has to have "new" lightsaber. I personally think it boarders on "how the F does he NOT cut his own hands off". But what ever won't make or break a movie.

Loved the direction on the falcon, very cool direction imo. While I loved the Jedi fights of the prequels, I REALLY liked the space battles. Massive, tons of action like a roller coaster, you always notice something new to see each time. Looks like this could be more the same.

Soccer robot... You gotta have a little bit of camp thrown in, you just can't do Jar-Jar of the top. Mouse droid/Chewie in #4 is a perfect example... Could be something similar, guess we will have to wait and see.

People don't want to hear this. They just want to pick at something in the trailer. Facts: lightsabers are designed to look cool on screen, rather than logically functional. We can assume the design of this saber is to be suggestive of a claymore, but the 'handguard' is not infact a 'handguard'. It is easily explained and I believe pretty likely vented energy in a crude lightsaber.

As if it's even necessary to explain the design decision behind a weapon that only exists to 'look cool'...

To be fair, if we stop bothering to at least attempt to have an explanation so it makes sense, even within the scope of a fictional universe, we end up with movies like Battleship.

I hope the Movie is at least as entertaining as reading all these pages of people having sweaty, shuddering Nerdgasms over a glowing Phallic object, and what it can and cannot penetrate.....

and I will add,

Please, please don't suck. your only hope, Jar Jar Abrams!

I hope the Movie is at least as entertaining as reading all these pages of people having sweaty, shuddering Nerdgasms over a glowing Phallic object, and what it can and cannot penetrate.....

and I will add,

Please, please don't suck. your only hope, Jar Jar Abrams!

OUR only hope, that is...

Yes they are clones of Jango Fett! Problem is that Disneys version of them has to be multicultural! Just wait until selena gomez and the jonas bros will be part of the cast too!

i wouldnt mind seeing ariana grande in princess leia outfit!

The context of the first 3 has to be understood. At the time the movie industry was in severe decline. Hollywood was in a rut of look at your naval movies, cop/mob movies, disaster films, and cheezy Disney Schlock which has been disappeared down the memory hole. With rare exceptions like Space Odessy, Special effects were almost non-existent except poorly done in B-movies and Sci-Fi/Fantasy was generally B-movie fare. Action films outside cop/movies were non-existent as well. The media industry was in a 'bad mood'. The cop movies or disaster films you might think were heroic generally weren't. All things had a negative vibe with extremely 'flawed' or unlikable characters.

There's a reason you're more likely to see a re-run from the 40's, 50's or 60's than the 70's, tv or movies.

Star Wars was a breath of fresh air. Sci-Fi and special effects taken seriously combined with action and clear good guys and bad guys and pretty adult-ish at the time for a non-cop movie (for its timeframe it was targeted for young adults). It was like the first hit of crack for a generation.

yup... movies then and even tv shows werent designed in and around a universe with a continuous telling storyline. its kinda like looking back at virtua racing/virtua fighter and ps1/saturn/32x/n64. looks like crap now to a degree, but at the time, mind blowing!

...homeboy stormtroopers? Thanks Eric Holder!

Seriously? I have seen a lot of this around, most much more direct and even sadder.

Still a long way to go for some people regarding their perception of the variations in pigmentation of the skin organ in homo sapiens.

Not even sure why, does no one remember Lando? He was a great character, owned the falcon before Han won it and featured in both Star Wars V and VI.

Not even sure why, does no one remember Lando? He was a great character, owned the falcon before Han won it and featured in both Star Wars V and VI.

they're just whining and complaining like always. nothing new to see here. i'm looking forward to this movie. life is too short to be bitter and complaining about a short teaser clip. i'll judge for myself when the movie is out :D

To be fair, if we stop bothering to at least attempt to have an explanation so it makes sense, even within the scope of a fictional universe, we end up with movies like Battleship.

Logic and movies dont mix.

going to grab my saber now and make sounds.
I am 50 years old.
are you talking to me dude?

People complaining about people complaining. The irony of this always makes me smile.

Logic and movies dont mix.

going to grab my saber now and make sounds.
I am 50 years old.
are you talking to me dude?

Have you even seen the movie Battleship? That movie makes about as much sense as a Thanksgiving feast-induced dream.

Seems about right to me. Definitely more promising than the Terminator reboot which looks awfully sad at this point.

I just realized the opening scene homeboy Token is like the black version of Matt Daemon, Matttttttttttttttttttttt Daemonnnnnnnnnnnnnnn :D

Look! So far the only thing this has going for it is Benedict Cumberbatch's voice from start and Millennium Falcon! Thats just not enough Disney! You need to do better its 2015 FFS! Drop your shitty marketing department and use those resources into the movie and it might actually turn out ok.

Yes they are clones of Jango Fett! Problem is that Disneys version of them has to be multicultural! Just wait until selena gomez and the jonas bros will be part of the cast too!

Not all stormtroopers are clones. They are also enlisted from conquered worlds.

You heard me. It was a fun movie to see on the theatre

No, no, no. You said it was a GOOD movie. If there has ever been a movie in the history of movies that could be construed as bad, Battleship is it.

And original? Loser character achieves untapped greatness over the backdrop of combat. How is that in any way original? Of course, in this film, we go from a Tased idiot to a Lieutenant in the Navy in one single scene, negating any kind of character development.

No, no, no. You said it was a GOOD movie. If there has ever been a movie in the history of movies that could be construed as bad, Battleship is it.

And original? Loser character achieves untapped greatness over the backdrop of combat. How is that in any way original? Of course, in this film, we go from a Tased idiot to a Lieutenant in the Navy in one single scene, negating any kind of character development.

If you want character development, read a book. Yes, it was good and fun to watch.

If you want character development, read a book. Yes, it was good and fun to watch.

Even mediocre movies tend to have character development. I mean from beginning to end. Not just one-scene a loser, next scene a lieutenant in the Navy.

Back