Star Wars: The Force Awakens Official Teaser

Discussion in 'HardForum Tech News' started by HardOCP News, Nov 28, 2014.

1. chaikovski2002

chaikovski2002 2[H]4U

And you like the imaginary supersword with dildo attachments?

2. nakedhand

nakedhand 2[H]4U

Great to see more traditional 70s like camera work in some of these scenes. The overall mood and style seem to be harkening back to the sensibility of the original movies. Which for me is a huge step in the right direction. Promising stuff!

3. chaikovski2002

chaikovski2002 2[H]4U

Not enough Lens Flare for JJ like in Star Trek! Maybe the soccerball robot droid is a superweapon in disguise that will explode like a giant supernova Lens Flare!

4. CaptNumbNutz

CaptNumbNutz Bulls[H]it Master

That makes the most sense out of anything I've read so far, especially since this one gives the impression its even longer in length than other's we've seen and the "handguard" look more like blow torches than mini-sabers. Story wise, the Sith also had a flare for dramatically designed lightsabers. Darth Malgus, Darth Bane, Darth Nihl, and several other's all had dramatic styles. This lightsaber is typical "draw attention to the bad guy type" just like that moment when Darth Maul turned his into a double lightsaber. Being longer and looking like a claymore, I am expecting this Sith to be more of a brute like Darth Malgus than a ninja (Darth Maul).

5. RocketTech

RocketTech 2[H]4U

Ok, who sat-up straight when the music and Millenium Falcon hit at the same time? Nothing gets your blood pumping like the sound of TIE fighters firing.
    Of course, it begs the question- what was the Millenium Falcon running from, because it sure wasn't the measly 3 TIE fighters.

6. wizzi01

wizzi01 2[H]4U

Whiners are going to whine. I hope you protest by not seeing the new ones at all. Also, that includes the ones who thinks it's ok to torrent a bunch of linux distros.

7. pcjunkie

pcjunkie 2[H]4U

W.T.F.?

8. Drawmonster

Drawmonster 2[H]4U

Wow, someone's got dildos on the mind. :eek:

9. Stiler

Stiler [H]ardForum Junkie

It actually would make sense if the crossguard was a lightsaber all the way through, to protect the users hands.

10. drako

drako 2[H]4U

The post you quoted explained it. Didn't you read it?

Besides, in all likelihood the guy is a protagonist and is disguised as a storm trooper.

11. Stiler

Stiler [H]ardForum Junkie

They do.

http://youtu.be/BvnwLLXHabg?t=1m6s

Go to 1:08 (if the video doesn't start near there).

Exactly why a crossguard of some type would be logical to have.

12. NExUS1g

NExUS1g Gawd

The issue is if a lightsaber slid down to that cross-guard, it'd just cut through it.

13. NExUS1g

NExUS1g Gawd

14. chaikovski2002

chaikovski2002 2[H]4U

Righto! There is no lightsaber proof material!

15. Elios

Elios [H]ardness Supreme

no its a thing
    tie fighters suck in an atmosphere they can kinda fly but cant really turn much

16. Elios

Elios [H]ardness Supreme

3 ties in an atmosphere that cant maneuver for shit..

17. ryuen

ryuen Limp Gawd

That crossguard on the lightsaber looks weird, also no R2D2? :(

18. ryuen

ryuen Limp Gawd

19. Bigbacon

Bigbacon [H]ardForum Junkie

this, models, real sets, puppets, real costumes > CG any day.

20. Megalith

Megalith 24-bit/48kHz Staff Member

Hearing nerds talk about this shit is fuckin' unbearable. What's that you say? The new lightsaber hilt makes sense because it's an ancient version? Oh, there's a material that lightsabers can't cut through?

WHO GIVES A FUCK.

The new Star Wars film actually looks nothing like a Star Wars film. The direction and cinematography is just too far too modern.

21. Drawmonster

Drawmonster 2[H]4U

I mentioned something about how whining over make believe swords is funny, and got told I like dildos. Be ready for dildos. ;)

22. Ducman69

Ducman69 [H]ardForum Junkie

OMG I just watched this trailer... skipping ahead here, but seriously, lightsaber dildos, beachball droids, and homeboy stormtroopers? Thanks Eric Holder!

23. CaptNumbNutz

CaptNumbNutz Bulls[H]it Master

Pot meet Kettle. Yet you join a computer tech forum and nerd out with the rest of us on computer parts.:p

24. Elios

Elios [H]ardness Supreme

they kinda ran out of clones by this time
    and hard to start recruiting

25. 86 5.0L

86 5.0L [H]ardness Supreme

Everybody nerding out is funny. Oh and has everybody forgotten this scene?

[​IMG]

Just because there is a black man in storm trooper armor doesn't make him one

26. bmellis1984

bmellis1984 [H]Lite

Still Weird Shaped vehicles with all kinds of buttons and ability to magically hover.

27. bpizzle1

bpizzle1 2[H]4U

I find the amount of nerd rage over the potential crossguard on the light saber amusing. Star Wars might be the only series out there where you'll get this kind of argument the day a teaser trailer pops up.

I thought it looked cool...which is their main goal I'm sure. It would be very easy to quell any ideas about the emitters being chopped off by just saying it was built out of one of about 10 lightsaber resistant materials that exist in the SW universe (cortosis, mandalorian iron, phrik, etc). I think it may be a venting system like others have mentioned. There was a rumor going around recently that the new sith character would be using a new, super powered lightsaber design. If that's true, the vents would make sense, IMO.

28. Master [H]

Master [H] 2[H]4U

I so want to take my son to this when it comes out, but I should show him the original trilogy first.

29. NExUS1g

NExUS1g Gawd

This is how JJ Abrams keeps getting work. Turn TV on; turn brain off. This shouldn't be a norm, but it seems to be getting there.

30. russnuck

russnuck Gawd

Anyone else hear imperial probe droid chatter in the opening scene? It is brief but I swear I heard it. Also, as long as they throw in some of the traditional light sabers, who gives a crap about the one shown in the trailer. That being said...

please don't suck
    please don't suck
    please don't suck
    please don't suck
    please don't suck
    please don't suck
    please don't suck
    please don't suck

31. Burticus

Burticus 2[H]4U

This will "sound" stupid but I'm kind of hoping for some new sound effects. Other than the "pod racer echo effect" noise which was applied to every single vehicle in the prequels, all the other sound effects were recycled from the originals (or so it seemed to me). I've been watching SW: Rebels (hit and miss so far) and it's all cut and paste sound from the movies. I wish someone would do something different.

Come up with some new saber noises or different sounding engines or something please.

I'm still there on opening day though.

32. amdgamer

amdgamer [H]ardness Supreme

My fear is that this movie is going to be all CGI and no content. I used to think Michael Bayby was just a bad influence on the movie industry, but all movies appear to be going towards his style.

33. steakman1971

steakman1971 2[H]4U

After the last 3, I do not have a lot of hope. On the bright side, it would be hard to make it worse.

34. Ruoh

Ruoh [H]ardness Supreme

The first words out of my mouth were "Is this a parody?".

35. aShrubbery!

aShrubbery! Gawd

I would have to agree that Jar Jar was a major aberration. I've enjoyed them all.
    I am sure I will like the next movies.

But to the SW NAZIS out there; IT'S JUST ENTERTAINMENT! NOT A RELIGION!!!!

36. griff30

griff30 I Lower the Boom!

37. socK

socK 2[H]4U

[​IMG]

38. czerro

czerro [H]Lite

People don't want to hear this. They just want to pick at something in the trailer. Facts: lightsabers are designed to look cool on screen, rather than logically functional. We can assume the design of this saber is to be suggestive of a claymore, but the 'handguard' is not infact a 'handguard'. It is easily explained and I believe pretty likely vented energy in a crude lightsaber.

As if it's even necessary to explain the design decision behind a weapon that only exists to 'look cool'...

39. Nookie420

Nookie420 Limp Gawd

Gwendoline Christie, AKA Brienne of Tarth, from Game of Thrones, is cast in Star Wars Episode 7. That can only mean one thing. She's a female Wookie!!!!!!!!!!!!

40. potency

potency Gawd

I disagree. The armor absolutely makes him black.