Star Wars: The Force Awakens Official Teaser

Bla ha ha ha ha. JJ sucks. He's all about special effects over story. Same thign that killed episodes 1, 2, 3

darn, to bad he made the best star trek movie of all time then oh two.
star wars done right is all I say with him at the rudder.

I was going to make a joke about a Star Destroyer rising out of the ocean, but then I remembered the X-Wings gliding over the water and fear that may actually happen.

I'm liking that new lightsabre. Hopefully this new 'broadsword' design will mean duels will be slower paced like the original trilogy than the spinny, hyper speed prequel duels. Because I can't really see spinny being too effective with that new lightsabre design, you'd likely lose some thumbs if you tried to twirl that blade.

I'm liking that new lightsabre. Hopefully this new 'broadsword' design will mean duels will be slower paced like the original trilogy than the spinny, hyper speed prequel duels. Because I can't really see spinny being too effective with that new lightsabre design, you'd likely lose some thumbs if you tried to twirl that blade.

The whole frenetic pace of the prequels felt out of place compared to the original trilogy. I guess they wanted to emphasize the depths to which the galaxy had fallen as a result of the Empire, but it just seemed so incompatible with the tone and pace of the original trilogy. Compounded with bad acting and mediocre characters, the effort falls flat. I hope these movies avoid that fate.

The whole frenetic pace of the prequels felt out of place compared to the original trilogy. I guess they wanted to emphasize the depths to which the galaxy had fallen as a result of the Empire, but it just seemed so incompatible with the tone and pace of the original trilogy. Compounded with bad acting and mediocre characters, the effort falls flat. I hope these movies avoid that fate.

already the casting seems incredibly better, the prequels still had Ewan Mcgregor who was great, they just cast anakin so so so poorly. so poorly indeed.

Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson is a brilliant actor, Max von Sydow would make an AMAZING sith lord if you ask me.

they just cast anakin so so so poorly. so poorly indeed

I have no idea what they were thinking when they cast that actor for Anakin. There was nothing likeable about him at all in that role.

PS: nothing against the actor its just that role was not suited for him.

It was a combination of both, his "arc" was terrible, made no logical sense and wasn't at all believable.

Then there was his acting, ugh, terrible acting, he had no range, no emotion, the entire film he showed the same emotion throughout, 0 range at all.

The only thing I've ever read regarding Stormtrooper requirements were they had to be a certain height range and they had to be human due to the Emperor's paranoia. The last bit I only read in one of the books, so it may not be canon either. No mention of any specific human race or any specific planet they had to be from.

Also they had to be OK with peeing in a cup. Not for drug tests, I mean just the suit, that's what the little tanks are for.

I was consulting with a star wars historian and then went on to read some more about Dizknees plans for the Star warts univerts.
A new "trilogy" movie every two years with Stand alone non-trilogy movies in between.
Now, when I read that I basically gave up all hope. NO WAY is the franchise going to keep even a fraction of its essence when it is watered down at that rate.

We can only hope that the next couple movies that have a bit of juice going for them are decent.
Then I guess I am going to start reading Timothy Zahn books, because the Star Wars universe just got sucked into Disney Corp's black stinky hole.

Here's a good analysis of how the crossguard saber will work in practice:
http://www.break.com/video/the-new-lightsaber-is-very-effective-2794185

145410-Crossguard-Lightsaber-Jesus-Cr-fcO3.jpeg

It was a combination of both, his "arc" was terrible, made no logical sense and wasn't at all believable.

Then there was his acting, ugh, terrible acting, he had no range, no emotion, the entire film he showed the same emotion throughout, 0 range at all.

true.. like how leia's and luke's died from a broken heart right after giving birth to twins... RIGHT! George had to smoking the herb hard for that one.

true.. like how leia's and luke's died from a broken heart right after giving birth to twins... RIGHT! George had to smoking the herb hard for that one.

Yeah, that would never happen. Guess you never felt complete hopelessness and despair? Would you have preferred Darth Maul to come in and light saber her head off?

Yeah, that would never happen. Guess you never felt complete hopelessness and despair? Would you have preferred Darth Maul to come in and light saber her head off?

Not going to get on my personla life but as somebody who suffers from quite a bit of depression, changed my life to fix it, then had 5 years of chronic pain as my hip disintergrated and two surgeries to fix it, lost jobs from the hip, that kicked those feelings backed in. YEah, i know a bit too much about it. Giving birth to a kid (twins as a matter of fact) is a damn good reason to live. Its all around horrible writing and goes against the stong and moral character that was suppose to be portrayed in Padme. its stupid and quite horrible.

Back