Star Wars: Squadrons

grifter_66

Gawd
My niece wanted to watch me play today so I booted it up and hopped in a single player mission. About half way through an overly long mission she looks at me and asks "All you do is float around and shoot space flies? That looks pretty boring."

She's 6 and she wasn't wrong.

termite

Supreme [H]ardness
I played for a couple of SP missions. Still trying to get the controls adjusted, but so far I am not impressed. Flying the basic Tie around is like what someone said above, "driving a dump truck". I cannot fathom why it has such low maneuverability especially when rolling.

I'll probably burn through the SP campaign and call it a day. I am guessing it will barely be worth the EA Play subscription.

gamerk2

[H]ard|Gawd
I played for a couple of SP missions. Still trying to get the controls adjusted, but so far I am not impressed. Flying the basic Tie around is like what someone said above, "driving a dump truck". I cannot fathom why it has such low maneuverability especially when rolling.

I'll probably burn through the SP campaign and call it a day. I am guessing it will barely be worth the EA Play subscription.
Yeah, all the ships feel overly sluggish. The fact turning is basically done by Yaw rather then Roll + Pull is about as big a warning sign as you can get.

I'm also worried the MP playerbase won't be there either. I suspect the game will die a fairly quick death.

VoodooRufus

Weaksauce
I switched my joystick to roll + pitch from yaw + pitch. Now things fly like they should. Put the yaw into the joystick twist action where the rudder controls are usually.

mvmiller12

Gawd
Ea prob paid him off lol

I understood the desire to express cynicism, but seriously... Have we reached the point where people can't genuinely like different things? I mean, even Daikatana and Battlecruiser 3000 AD had their fans and I would not put this game in the same category as those.

Bigbacon

Fully [H]
I hope they xhange their mind on no more content. They need to do a massive SP DLC. Charge another 30 bucjs for it. I bet it sells lime hit cakes.

Jumpem

Gawd
I hope they xhange their mind on no more content. They need to do a massive SP DLC. Charge another 30 bucjs for it. I bet it sells lime hit cakes.
It sounds like they could do a lot for those that prefer single player.