Star Wars Jedi: Survivor

I wonder if there will be any story DLC...doubt it but it would be nice...I did a 100% completion of Jedi: Survivor so I'll revisit it again closer to the release of the 3rd game (I'll do a Fallen Order + Jedi: Survivor replay)...next SW game I'm looking forward to will be Outlaws in 2024

I just started the game. Quick question or gripe. The sound of the lightsaber when using is so low I can barely hear it. Is it like this throughout the whole game? I remember Jedi
Outcast and when you swung your lightsaber, the hum it made was loud. Satisfyingly loud.

I love that the Respawn games use Vader sparingly. They are not making him the main villain or showing him all the time but when he does make an appearance it's a memorable one. His fight with Cere was a perfect continuation of his story in Fallen Order. I'm hoping that they keep this up with the 3rd/final game- maybe we'll even get an appearance from The Emperor!

After the patch last week they claimed that another performance-centric patch is inbound next. That might not be DLSS, but hopefully it at least means reduced stuttering.

it won't win GOTY with Diablo 4, Baldur's Gate 3, Tears of the Kingdom all being released in 2023...but it's on my GOTY shortlist

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor Patch 7 Adds Official DLSS Support on PC

-Additional performance & optimization improvements for PC, including DLSS support
-Save system tweaks to help prevent save game corruption
-Fixed issues where players could not retrieve their XP after dying under certain circumstances
-Various crash fixes
-Various bug fixes & improvements across all platforms, including fixes for cloth, lighting, and UI

https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/jedi/jedi-survivor/patch-notes?isLocalized=true

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor Patch 7 Adds Official DLSS Support on PC

-Additional performance & optimization improvements for PC, including DLSS support
-Save system tweaks to help prevent save game corruption
-Fixed issues where players could not retrieve their XP after dying under certain circumstances
-Various crash fixes
-Various bug fixes & improvements across all platforms, including fixes for cloth, lighting, and UI

https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/jedi/jedi-survivor/patch-notes?isLocalized=true

This is why I wait to buy the GOTY edition for $5 for games - all that exclusivity shit expires and you get the game that should have released at launch 👍

Was waiting for this patch for a while, DLSS is nice as well. Took them a while to release this patch.

This is why I wait to buy the GOTY edition for $5 for games - all that exclusivity shit expires and you get the game that should have released at launch 👍
This. My breakpoint isn't usually quite that low (sometimes though!), but your point stands fully. It's well worth waiting on singleplayer games, not like it's a competiton like an mmorpg or a new multiplayer fps where you gain from being early.

https://www.pcgamer.com/star-wars-j...-dlss-support-and-good-old-various-bug-fixes/

I love the way PCG reports about DLSS - and then can’t even be bothered to install the game and test it out.

The person who wrote the article literally says ‘they’ don’t own the game.

Seriously?

I don't want to be that old bitter guy talking about "back in my day," so luckily PC Gamer has been (mostly) bad for years. That said, that's just a laughably bad article. It's still one of the biggest releases of the entire year and this patch has been eagerly awaited for a while. Someone is just trying to be too cool to care about anything.

hopefully more people will play the game now...I spent over 70 hours with it and loved it...an improvement in every way to Fallen Order (in terms of gameplay)...there were stuttering issues and I had 2-3 crashes but nothing felt broken...it ran fine for the most part...one of the rare games where I got 100% of the Achievements...hopefully Stig Asmussen (creative director) and Respawn nail the final game in the trilogy to cement its place as one of the best SW video games ever

it's right up there with the first two Tomb Raider and Rocksteady Arkham games

I just fired it up for the first time. Fun game for sure. Least stable frame rates I think I've ever seen though. My TV shows them bouncing all around. It's VRR so it doesn't matter too much but damn. Looks good and is though and that's what really matters. It is just interesting to see. Normally when I fire up the framerate display on the TV for a game that can't do 120, it jitters a little but big changes you only see as you move around. This one it jumps all over the place just standing and looking at the same scene.

I wonder if this is the final patch. They don’t make any promises this time as they did in the past.

did they fix the bug with the Blaster Stance not working correctly on PC after remapping the key bindings...also can I now remap movement to the arrow keys?

Does this new DLSS patch allow to enable reflex alone (without enabling frame generation) for nvidia cards ?

Did they fix the bug where they inflate the game length by forcing the player into repetitive jumping/climbing actions?

Doesn't help you through the first play through or explain why that crap is there in the first place

reminds me of the people complaining about the platforming and parkour in Doom Eternal...it's an evolution of the gameplay

I disagree about Doom Eternal. It's a sequel to a series. With that comes certain expectations. Evolution is fine, but Doom Eternal goes beyond that. The gameplay is radically different and not in a good way.

In this case, Jedi Survivor builds on what came before.

I disagree about Doom Eternal. It's a sequel to a series. With that comes certain expectations. Evolution is fine, but Doom Eternal goes beyond that. The gameplay is radically different and not in a good way.

In this case, Jedi Survivor builds on what came before.

Jedi Survivor is also a sequel which builds on Fallen Order...Jedi are known for their parkour and platforming abilities...haven't you seen any of the SW content- especially the Clone Wars animated series or even the prequel series

Jedi Survivor is also a sequel which builds on Fallen Order...Jedi are known for their parkour and platforming abilities...
That's literally the implication of what I had said. Despite its updates, Jedi: Survivor is very much like the original game but builds on the gameplay of the first installment. Doom Eternal did something very different than all its predecessors, including the original games which never had platforming elements.
haven't you seen any of the SW content- especially the Clone Wars animated series or even the prequel series
I've seen everything Star Wars. I'm not sure why you bring that up aside from perhaps misunderstanding what I said.

Back