Star Wars Jedi: Survivor

the trickiest jumping/platforming area for me thus far was in the Generator Underbelly section of Koboh...it was to get a Treasure- pretty valuable one too as it gives you the ability to hack BX Droids (and also unlocks a shortcut)...I took a video because someone else was having trouble and I wanted to help him out...

Didn’t have problem with that but those echos with timed jumps are stupid.

Didn’t have problem with that but those echos with timed jumps are stupid.

I don't remember that...there are a bunch of collectables I haven't found yet but I found a good amount of them just through exploration...the only really tough part for me is that Horrors of Bogano dual boss fight

after close to 90 hours I just finished the part where Cere fights Darth Vader...pretty epic fight!...I absolutely love this game...Fallen Order was excellent but this is an improvement in almost every way...Jedi: Survivor feels like the Empire Strikes Back of this gaming trilogy...the voice acting is incredible...combat, exploration, movement/parkour are all very good as well...story is decent but the overall presentation is what makes this game so good...the best SW single player game

game director Stig Asmussen deserves a ton of credit for what he's done with these two games...hopefully he returns for the inevitable 3rd game to close out the trilogy

Did they fix the damn bounties? I gotta finish them off but am stuck at 11/16. Not going to start another game.

Did they fix the damn bounties? I gotta finish them off but am stuck at 11/16. Not going to start another game.

is Caij no longer offering you new bounties after you turn in the ones you completed?...I completed 5 or 6 of them so far...I've been busy going around trying to get as many of the Collectables as possible (without using a walkthrough)...there were only 3 times in the game thus far where I needed to look up the answer online:

1) Crypt of Uhrma on Jedha where you needed to arrange the pillars in a certain order...I couldn't figure out where to find the answer

2) how to access the rooftop garden computer terminal which unlocks the seed pod locations on the map

3) how to pick up the invisible treasure in the stables on Koboh (this one was really tricky and I never would have figured it out on my own)

It has been a minute since they've updated this game. Hopefully they don't consider it to be "done" right now. It's playable...but that hitching is still way worse than anything in Pt. 1 ever was.

developers should take their time with patches...when I see new games released and 3-4 patches in a week something doesn't seem right...seems like either they knew about the issues beforehand and were already working on them or they are just releasing minor patches to make people think that they are working hard to fix things

it takes weeks for a significant patch to be released post-launch...there's no way they can put out a major patch so quickly...takes around 3 months for games with major performance issues to have a big turnaround...I'm glad Respawn is taking their time...meanwhile I'm not experiencing any major issues...traversal stutter was improved in a major way with the last patch...I've had 3 crashes total...I'm playing at 1440p with RT enabled and every other graphics setting maxed out

developers should take their time with patches...when I see new games released and 3-4 patches in a week something doesn't seem right...seems like either they knew about the issues beforehand and were already working on them or they are just releasing minor patches to make people think that they are working hard to fix things

it takes weeks for a significant patch to be released post-launch...there's no way they can put out a major patch so quickly...takes around 3 months for games with major performance issues to have a big turnaround...I'm glad Respawn is taking their time...meanwhile I'm not experiencing any major issues...traversal stutter was improved in a major way with the last patch...I've had 3 crashes total...I'm playing at 1440p with RT enabled and every other graphics setting maxed out
You mean you don't crash in Jedha w/ RT enabled?

You mean you don't crash in Jedha w/ RT enabled?

around 5 crashes total...I don't remember where I was when it crashed- the Jedha landing area was one...a few crashes on Koboh when I was going around collecting the stuff around the map

For me Jedha is confirmed. Didn't crash anywhere else w/ RT enabled. Jedha works fine when RT is disabled.

I'm still not finished with the game...I'm currently on Nova Garon...I didn't realize that you can unlock all the collectable locations on the map for all the various items- databank entries, seed pods, essence etc...I thought only certain things like chest locations were shown...I was going around early in the game trying to find them on my own with no map markers

Attachments

• 22.png
    22.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 23.png
    23.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 24.png
    24.png
  • 25.png
    25.png
  • 26.png
    26.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 27.png
    27.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 28.png
    28.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 29.png
    29.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 2
I finally beat the dual Rancor 'Fractured Malice' Force Tear...once you get the Dark Side ability it becomes much easier...definitely the hardest fight in the game (although it's optional)

Improvements to blaster handling. I hope this fixes the keyboard & mouse issues using it on PC.

yup the Blaster stance was pretty much unusable on PC if you changed the default keybinding...I also hope they fixed the issue where you could not remap movement with the arrow keys...I'm currently using a Mod that enables it...ridiculous that the game shipped on PC without basic keyboard remapping options

this is a great game being held back by performance issues on PC

yup the Blaster stance was pretty much unusable on PC if you changed the default keybinding...I also hope they fixed the issue where you could not remap movement with the arrow keys...I'm currently using a Mod that enables it...ridiculous that the game shipped on PC without basic keyboard remapping options

this is a great game being held back by performance issues on PC
I agree. I actually think they could have shortened the game up a bit and focused more time on fixing bugs/polishing and it would still be excellent.

I started a new game, started panning around in shackles and things were as choppy as ever. I guess at least the opening cutscene runs smoothly now.

Update today? Yet again I am not seeing any update on the EA app...

EDIT: Same nonsense as before as nothing shows up until I start it a second time. And good grief the download speed was abysmal not even using 5% of my connection speed.

Last edited:
Game is still a stuttering mess for me.
Most people's standards are rock bottom nowadays so even the biggest stuttering piss poor performing games will still be praised if the gameplay is even halfway decent. And then of course there will be the handful of oblivious fuckwits in every game forum that will swear their game runs perfect so it must be your pc.

Patch 6 has good news and bad news...good: frame rates are better and more stable...the bounty hunter progression bug has been fixed

bad: I still can't remap movement to the arrow keys...the Blaster stance is still not working correctly on PC with kb if you change the default layout

Supposed fix for RT crashing on Jedah : https://steamcommunity.com/app/1774580/discussions/0/3806152724338413913/
From a modder, not Respawn. I haven't tried it.
The original article I read: https://www.dsogaming.com/mods/star...les-respawn-by-fixing-himself-crucial-issues/
This is all the so-called mod does:

Code:
[/script/engine.renderersettings]
r.RayTracing.Geometry.Landscape=0
r.HZBOcclusion=1
r.AllowOcclusionQueries=0

All it does is disable ray tracing in the engine.ini file instead of through the in-game option. In this case, specifically how shadows affect the terrain (enjoy walking through full bright tunnels). It also disables frustum-based occlusion, instead using horizon-based. It doesn't fix anything.

If bounty bug is fixed I can finally try to 100% this game. Dope!

it's fixed...before the patch Caij stopped giving me any more bounties after I completed 10/16...after the latest patch I completed all of them (and there's a nice little Star Wars surprise at the end of the mission)...I now finished the entire game...100% exploration on all planets, all collectables obtained, all side missions, Force Tears, plants collected, fish etc...took me around 85 hours but that's because I took my time and didn't use any walkthroughs unless I was really stuck (around 5 times)

Grade: 94%...absolutely everything is an improvement over Fallen Order...performance issues aside the gameplay is incredible, story is good, characters and voice acting are excellent...for hard core Star Wars fans this is right up there with the Batman Arkham trilogy as far as adapting a beloved franchise...the developers obviously know their SW lore and mythology same as Rocksteady did with Batman...the first 2 Tomb Raider (reboot) games were also right up there in quality...I'd probably give the slight edge to the Arkham games followed by Fallen Order/Survivor and Tomb Raider (the 3rd TR game was a huge disappointment)

hopefully EA doesn't screw this up and lets Respawn complete the trilogy with Stig Asmussen back as lead director...the Tomb Raider trilogy had a chance to be an all-time great but Square Enix screwed up the final game by removing Crystal Dynamics and putting Eidos-Montreal in as lead developer

Just finished this today. Very good game IMO. Stuttering was here and there due to the patches they kept throwing at it. Latest patch was fine though Cal seemed to be wearing white gloves at times. Probably won't play through it again, but had a solid 25 hours into it which was just about right.

I'm done with the entire game...got 53/53 Achievements, all bounties, 100% everything...normally I don't care about Achievements but these were pretty easy to get even though some were pretty silly (Dropkick an enemy while wearing a mullet)...I'll replay this again in another year or so or closer to the release of the 3rd game...I'm looking forward to seeing how Respawn wraps up the trilogy

only negatives are the performance issues which aren't as bad as a lot of other recently released games, ray-tracing (global illumination, reflections, AO) is average (expected since it's an AMD sponsored game)- although RT GI does look really good...certain key features aren't working on PC- arrow keys for movement, Blaster stance doesn't work properly if you remap your KB controls (luckily there's a mod I used which enables arrow keys)...I didn't really like the companion system but I normally hate any sort of co-op in any game I play

I can't wait for the 3rd game but I'm sure it's at least 3 years away

Attachments

• 30.png
    30.png
    852.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 31.png
    31.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 32.png
    32.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
how many lines of dialogue did they record for this game?...there is a ton of dialogue...most of it is optional but there's so much...you talk to a character, move away to talk to another character, come back to 1st character and there is more lengthy dialogue...same thing with just passing by and listening to other characters talk to each other...really immersive game and the best SW game since the original KOTOR

how many lines of dialogue did they record for this game?...there is a ton of dialogue...most of it is optional but there's so much...you talk to a character, move away to talk to another character, come back to 1st character and there is more lengthy dialogue...same thing with just passing by and listening to other characters talk to each other...really immersive game and the best SW game since the original KOTOR
I think I recall reading there were around 40,000 lines of dialog recorded. I guess that is a lot for a game like this. For comparison's sake, Geralt has over 70,000 lines himself in the base game for The Witcher 3, but that is a massive open world RPG.

Crash, crash, crash!
Anyone else still experiencing random game crashes/lockups that outright reboot their whole system?
Ran a couple mem test programs that returned zero errors with all four of my DIMMs, set factory defaults in BIOS (even scaled back RAM to DDR4-2666 (down from 3600), and tried different in-game settings such as disabling RT and bumping down overall quality as low as medium, but no love.
Power supply...is my 3080 randomly spiking enough power draw to throw an 850W into a tizzy?

Crash, crash, crash!
Anyone else still experiencing random game crashes/lockups that outright reboot their whole system?
Ran a couple mem test programs that returned zero errors with all four of my DIMMs, set factory defaults in BIOS (even scaled back RAM to DDR4-2666 (down from 3600), and tried different in-game settings such as disabling RT and bumping down overall quality as low as medium, but no love.
Power supply...is my 3080 randomly spiking enough power draw to throw an 850W into a tizzy?
The Bad reviews on Steam are from game is good or bad performance wise. I never played the game yet because I never finished the one from 2018.

Jeez they still haven't fixed this?! Waiting for it to get to gamepass anyway
Just came to the thread to check in if the game has been "fixed" and sounds like still some significant issues. I have a 9700K 5GHz + 3080 10gb hoping to play on 1440p but sounds like I can expect significant stuttering (as compared to 4090 rigs)? I love Respawn, and blame EA, just hope they keep chipping away so it gets to the same state as the first game which had barely any hitching for me (on a 1080Ti) when I played it ~9 mo post-release.

Update today and as usual it cant go smoothly. All I keep getting over and over is that the app needs to restart because it cant connect to servers.

For the last 4 goddamn hours I still keep getting "couldn't connect to servers" when trying to open the app. The never ending shitshow that is PC gaming...

Last edited:
I might have for the next big patch.

For the last 4 goddamn hours I still keep getting "couldn't connect to servers" when trying to open the app. The never ending shitshow that is PC gaming...

I hardly used it since Origin was changed, but the new replacement seems like trash.

I'll finish this game once DLSS finds its way in without some discord 3rd party app.

Back