Star Wars: Battlefront Reboot

the thought of a star wars game with frostbite graphics has me very excited

Would be cool if there was mod tools for the newer battlefield games. So we could have a star wars mod, kind of like the awesome star wars mod for bf 1942. The first 2 battlefronts were ok games but they are mediocre IMO when compared to other FPS games released at the same time. I still played them a bunch though.

original.jpg

I have high hopes for this game. Even if its just medicore as a core game I'm a big enough star wars fan it will still be worth it. Day 1 buy, of course it'll be day 5 before I can play because EA sucks.

If it is the same engine with the same netcode issues, with the same useless suppression bullshit, and useless fighting-for-weapon-balance-bullshit then...nope. Tired of Dice's shit after BF4.

This is a game that many would want, but if it plays like BF4 they will not really want that.

DICE did damage to the BF line after BF3, BF4 was a disaster, it was ONLY after they gave the reigns over to that other company (the ones who are actively FIXING problems in BF4) that it started being decent again, but only after the community splintered.

Good news is, the modified code from the BF4 netcode (after the other company took it from DICE) is what supposedly is going to be used in SW:BF, which means, MP might work well.

there's 10 seconds of Battlefront footage at the end of the new Star Wars movie trailer released earlier today...the graphics look photo-realistic from that footage but it was a small video so you can't really see much detail...but the gameplay looks fun as hell...Battlefield in the Star Wars universe will be the best game ever made if they get it right

OT: the new Force Awakens trailer gave me chills...it was simply perfect!!

there's 10 seconds of Battlefront footage at the end of the new Star Wars movie trailer released earlier today...the graphics look photo-realistic from that footage but it was a small video so you can't really see much detail...but the gameplay looks fun as hell...Battlefield in the Star Wars universe will be the best game ever made if they get it right

OT: the new Force Awakens trailer gave me chills...it was simply perfect!!

The photorealism I'm sure has a lot to do with the fact DICE utilized photogrammetry, the same technique that was employed in The Vanishing of Ethan Carter. Impressive also is DICE went and did the photography in the actual places where the scenes were filmed. Example, the forests where the Endor scenes in Return of the Jedi were filmed (Redwood grove in Marin, California and in Muir Woods National Monument). So the textures and objects are from the real places and something about that is just absurdly cool.

In any case, I dunno if it'll be the best game ever made, but what I do know is this is the biggest commercial opportunity DICE will ever have, since the hype on the movie tie-in will continue to be unreal, and if they get everything right at launch they'll probably all be able to retire on the stacks of gold boulillon bars that will reach into the horizon. Sure Battlefield franchise has been relatively commercially successful, but this has the potential to be whole 'nuther level for the studio. A once-in-a-career shot for them.

And since Mantle has been deprecated, I'm still predicting Vulkan support either at launch or by March 2016, which will mean Battlefront on Linux.

Last edited:

This exactly...prepare for the same bullshit DLC wallet raping strategy, shitty ass netcode designed for consoles, beyond fucking broken frostbite engine, recycled bugs from the last three BF games, etc. But ooooo look at the pretty graphics! :rolleyes:

This exactly...prepare for the same bullshit DLC wallet raping strategy, shitty ass netcode designed for consoles, beyond fucking broken frostbite engine, recycled bugs from the last three BF games, etc. But ooooo look at the pretty graphics! :rolleyes:

frI4DS5.jpg

BF4 and Hardline are insanely fun games. This will be amazing. Ignore the cynical neck beards on here. Nothing pleases them and they don't play games for fun anymore, they just complain about them.

I will be preordering this and buying all DLC!!

first mistake is playing an FPS on a console

Yeah because the PC version was so much less buggy and stable :rolleyes:

The fact that it was a cluster fuck across all platforms is demonstrable of the incompetence and ass hattery you can expect with DICE developed games.

BF4 and Hardline are insanely fun games. This will be amazing. Ignore the cynical neck beards on here. Nothing pleases them and they don't play games for fun anymore, they just complain about them.

I will be preordering this and buying all DLC!!

That's right, anyone who has an issue with soulless malformed turds shat out by EA on an annual basis clearly doesn't play games for fun. Hurrrrrrr durrrrrrr.

hurr-durr-derp-face-the-derpiest-man-in-the-wurrrld_large.jpg

Yeah because the PC version was so much less buggy and stable :rolleyes:

The fact that it was a cluster fuck across all platforms is demonstrable of the incompetence and ass hattery you can expect with DICE developed games.

lol... things to "expect"

Battlefield 4 was a mess when it launched but after months it got a lot better.

I'm not sure how you can generalize like that, especially since they've made great games before. Battlefield 2 and 3 are some of the best FPS games of all time.

November 17 is the release date. Hopefully we see a beta earlier. Mostly just because I want to play it.

Drivable AT-AT is gonna be interesting.

Tie fighter and X-wing dogfighting confirmed though it'll be planetside focused. Presumably because they know that most dinks stick to infantry in Battlefield games so the action is grounded to planetside on that infantry focused basis. Maybe they'll have an equivalent Air Superiority mode in space just for dogfighting.

Last edited:
No single player is disappointing.

Not for Battlefield veterans. For years people have been complaining that DICE should just "stop wasting time making SP campaigns and focus all their energy on making the best Multiplayer game." The campaigns in Battlefield games have tended to be the thing that most people just blasted through quickly one time and never looked at again. Well now they're finally focusing exclusively on MP as fans have been calling for. But unfortunately people are still gonna complain no matter what they do.

I for one appreciate this move. It actually gives me a lot more confidence that the MP is going to be excellent.

Last edited:
Sigh. DICE can't win, can they. For years people have droned on about how DICE should just stop wasting time making SP campaigns and focus all their energy on making the best Multiplayer game. Now they're finally doing that, but still people are gonna complain.

I for one appreciate this move.

I never said that. I loved SW: Battlefront 2 campaign. MP doesn't keep me interested very long.

I never said that. I loved SW: Battlefront 2 campaign. MP doesn't keep me interested very long.

To be honest that campaign was just a bunch of the maps combined with a bit of talking/writing thrown in here and there. I liked it, but it was never the focus of the games.

i bought bf3 and bf4 for full price, never played 10 seconds of singleplayer

To be honest that campaign was just a bunch of the maps combined with a bit of talking/writing thrown in here and there. I liked it, but it was never the focus of the games.

I never touched the online so it was a single player game to me. I liked it for its time. It would have been nice to see current version similar to that.

I just don't play MP. It's not my cup of tea. If you do, good for you. It just killed any interest I had in this game.

Wow, I just read on IGN that they are not going to hav eany space battles...

No space battles/maps in a STAR wars game? That makes no sense!

I mean, it's easily done and you also would think a spaec map would be FAAAAAAAR easier to make then the land-based things int erms of work (IE Since space is a lot of well space without a ton of detail or items in it).

Just take a huge star destoryer, have people fighting inside it on foot and then allow people tp pilot X-wings/Tie fighters around it in space, IIRC Battlefront 2 had this kind of map.

I guess they want to make it DLc probably, "Space m appack, 15 dollars!"

Looks good. I suppose someone will make a single player shooter centered purely around the space combat/ships eventually with the new trilogy coming out.

I need to see some actual in game footage.

That was awesome, but so is a photoshopped supermodel.

Show me that bitch @ 6am when she has no makeup or spray on
styling.

With that said, $70 for the pre-order deluxe, no question, doing it now even
w/o the gameplay footage.

Finally. Teaser trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwWLns7-xN8

My pants just blew off as that X-Wing was flying through that canyon.

the graphics and level of detail look simply amazing...both the character models and environment look stunning...combine that with what looks to be perfect Star Wars gameplay and this is my most anticipated title in a very long time

lets just hope no more delays or graphics downgrades

Looks awesome but I've seen to many get burned for pre-ordering that I wont ever do it again. Give me a demo and maybe.

Battlefront’s maps will be set on four planets: Tatooine, Hoth, Endor, and Sullust

Back