Star Citizen - media blowout, Chris Robert's new game

Seeing these improved Constellation models make me wish to see my Idris in game even more.

Walking around mine made me wish it was a Retaliator. The Retaliator's interior design is more suited for being the Millennium Falcon than the designated Millennium Falcon stand-in.

Adding the catwalk to the cargo area and moving the snub fighter aft helps, I guess.

So, the bed is out in the open, and there is a futuristic hot tub right ahead of it?
Derp, I can see the pics on my phone, it's really a hot tub. I don't get it, and don't like most of the layout.
Is there a second deck below with the main cargo (on travel, can only see terrible quality video)?

Oh- now that I'm at the hotel I saw the vids;
FPS = nervously excited.
Hangars = Awesome! I wonder if you can keep your ships in different hangars? 'Lass in a rock, Avenger in an Aeroview?
Connie ad = !?! Gawd this game needs to get here faster!

Last edited:
looks like a perfect place for swingers!

maybe now I can talk my wife into playing the game with me!

Didnt notice that the 2 boxes across the bathroom would be the beds. So a crew of 4 with only 2 beds. That sucks :(

Ehhh I'm not sure you are looking at the right things. These are the beds, you have to <USE> them to open them.

LskRZDN.jpg

o0ip0xz.jpg

zNPQPiM.jpg

Last edited:
I wonder how it will compare to my Idris' captain's cabin :D

P.S: Anyone else noticed that they raised the neck of the Freelancer a bit more or perhaps the landing gear stance. Before, if you walked under it your character would slightly lower his head but now you can stand fully upright and not touch it.

Bs5fn60.jpg

Last edited:
The more I look at the Phoenix, the more I get use to it. Its like an RV, but the best part is I don't lose anything major over the other variance and I get a cool place to chill with my friends while we wait (though I'd rather see that filled with cargo). Meh, soon enough I'll have enough RSI credits for the Fleet Pack.

The phoenix looks like a tough bird, with bigger class 2's, a class 9 and only 2 less missile slots than the Andromeda its seems like the most heavily armed with a bugger power plant and its much more comfier on the inside. Its big downfalls being cargo size and price, seems like if you plan to fight the phenoix would be the one you want to bring, or am I missing something?

What is a class 9 exactly?

The phoenix looks like a tough bird, with bigger class 2's, a class 9 and only 2 less missile slots than the Andromeda its seems like the most heavily armed with a bugger power plant and its much more comfier on the inside. Its big downfalls being cargo size and price, seems like if you plan to fight the phenoix would be the one you want to bring, or am I missing something?

A class 9 is one better than a class 8

class 9 point defense likely anti missile for the rear

Those of you who bought an upgrade to an existing Constellation, is it a separate item in your hangar that needs to be applied to the main hull like the Super Hornet/Military hornet upgrades? Or did it replace it right away with no possibility of going back to what you originally had?

And they clarified what comes with each of the Constellation packages on reverse the verse after the livestream:

Taurus: No extra ship, no rover
Andromeda: P52 Merlin, no rover
Aquila: No extra ship, Ursa rover
Phoenix: P72 Archimedes, Linx rover

Wow, racing mode was made by the UK studio in their spare time.

Based on that and the equipment upgrades it comes with the Phoenix seems like the one to get but I just can't get over how wasteful the interior of it is. All that crap inside is mostly for rping purposes. and they say it's for an org leader to setup meetings but personally if I wanted someone to meet me I'll have them come to my Idris (and I'd probably just shove them in the brig not in a freaking jacuzzi).

Last edited:
Lorien, personally I don't care if it happens on a Idris or Connie, but I must insist that if we are going to have org meetings there better be a hot tub, cigars and fembots and/or slaves. :)

Those of you who bought an upgrade to an existing Constellation, is it a separate item in your hangar that needs to be applied to the main hull like the Super Hornet/Military hornet upgrades? Or did it replace it right away with no possibility of going back to what you originally had?

And they clarified what comes with each of the Constellation packages on reverse the verse after the livestream:

Taurus: No extra ship, no rover
Andromeda: P52 Merlin, no rover
Aquila: No extra ship, Ursa rover
Phoenix: P72 Archimedes, Linx rover

Wow, racing mode was made by the UK studio in their spare time.

Based on that and the equipment upgrades it comes with the Phoenix seems like the one to get but I just can't get over how wasteful the interior of it is. All that crap inside is mostly for rping purposes. and they say it's for an org leader to setup meetings but personally if I wanted someone to meet me I'll have them come to my Idris (and I'd probably just shove them in the brig not in a freaking jacuzzi).

It's a separate item that you apply to an existing package or stand alone ship. I did both successfully earlier. Phoenix to a Rear Admiral package and an Aquila to a plain Jane constellation add on.

I agree on the Phoenix interior. They could have done more interesting stuff with that. I'd like to see some interior packages available to swap around in the load out screen in the future. I'd be fine paying for those, just hope they think of that.

Lorien, personally I don't care if it happens on a Idris or Connie, but I must insist that if we are going to have org meetings there better be a hot tub, cigars and fembots and/or slaves. :)
I wasn't thinking of internal org meetings as I intend to have a semi-open door policy to any members of the org (in my ships at least) so booze and slaves will be very much welcome. I was thinking more of meeting with leaders/representatives of other orgs in which case, like I said, I'd just have them wait in the brig and Shifty would keep 'em company. :D

It's a separate item that you apply to an existing package or stand alone ship. I did both successfully earlier. Phoenix to a Rear Admiral package and an Aquila to a plain Jane constellation add on.

I agree on the Phoenix interior. They could have done more interesting stuff with that. I'd like to see some interior packages available to swap around in the load out screen in the future. I'd be fine paying for those, just hope they think of that.
Good deal, so I can just keep the upgrade item in the "My Hangar" page and decide later if I want to use it. Thanks.
P.S: Oh and yes they did vaguely mention something about being able to swap interior/exterior components via the customization system.

Last edited:
I was just lurking on the sub den and I saw that people who where applying the Phoenix upgrade to their existing package had the "Hartwell Music Sentinel 88G" added to their package also. So it makes it the same as a buying the $400 phoenix package. In the past they had said that you wouldn't get the special item like the racing suit, pistol or coat from the highest tier packages. So that is something new (or maybe a mistake), I wonder if it will be retro active to add the items from the previous stuff.

*snip*
Good deal, so I can just keep the upgrade item in the "My Hangar" page and decide later if I want to use it. Thanks.
P.S: Oh and yes they did vaguely mention something about being able to swap interior/exterior components via the customization system.

Yep, I picked up quite a few various upgrades for just that purpose actually.

I was just lurking on the sub den and I saw that people who where applying the Phoenix upgrade to their existing package had the "Hartwell Music Sentinel 88G" added to their package also. So it makes it the same as a buying the $400 phoenix package. In the past they had said that you wouldn't get the special item like the racing suit, pistol or coat from the highest tier packages. So that is something new (or maybe a mistake), I wonder if it will be retro active to add the items from the previous stuff.

Can confirm:
Phoenix%2BUpgrade.JPG

I am pretty sure that we will be hitting $51 mil mark on monday or before. Kinda interested on what the stretch goal will be for that.

Oh just remembered this. Whatever is on the website may not be accurate regarding the ship's specs. Ben said on reverse the verse that the downloadable brochures have the correct and most up to date stats. So, for example, the Andromeda is mistakenly listed as capable of having 4xTR6 engines. The max it can have is 4xTR5 according to the brochure (in fact the max that all Constellations can have are 4xTR5s).

Latest Reverse the verse: http://www.twitch.tv/cigcommunity/b/558481563
Relevant info @8:10 and @9:35

498lZhs.jpg

Last edited:
Oh just remembered this. Whatever is on the website may not be accurate regarding the ship's specs. Ben said on reverse the verse that the downloadable brochures have the correct and most up to date stats and if the website is listing something else it's Austin's fault for not updating them before the website went live. So, for example, the Andromeda is mistakenly listed as capable of having 4xTR6 engines. The max it can have is 4xTR5 according to the brochure (in fact the max that all Constellations can have are 4xTR5s).

Blast it. I'm getting more annoyed by the Phoenix model pricing. :mad:

Yeah, I'm probably just gonna keep my Andromeda. It has the most balanced set of stats for what I want to do with it. Why couldn't they put out a freaking armed to the teeth gunboat version is beyond me. Actually it may have something to do with the people in the Santa Monica office, if you watch Reverse the Verse you can hear James and the other guys talk about it saying "They" wanted a yatch variant, the piano idea was Sandi's lol. I guess it will appeal to the rpers out there but that just made me facepalm.

Yeah, I'm probably just gonna keep my Andromeda. It has the most balanced set of stats for what I want to do with it. Why couldn't they put out a freaking armed to the teeth gunboat version is beyond me. Actually it may have something to do with the people in the Santa Monica office, if you watch Reverse the Verse you can hear James and the other guys talk about it saying "They" wanted a yatch variant, the piano idea was Sandi's lol. I guess it will appeal to the rpers out there but that just made me facepalm.

The Phoneix variant reminds me greatly of this passage from a great satirical take on Prometheus

Prometheus Script said:
Vickers' Luxury Suite

[... is actually a self-sustaining "lifeboat" module that can be jettisoned from the Good Ship Unfortunate Mythological Reference, because Vickers is already pretty sure the entire team of scientists is too stupid to live. It has everything she would need to survive on her own, including a self-serve medical pod, a grand piano, and vodka.]

VICKERS: Right, so this is my trillion-dollar ship and I own you. You find your alien gods? You smile and you wave and you get back on the ship. Keep your hands to yourself and don't breathe on anything.

SHAW: WHAT KIND OF SCIENCE CAN WE DO IF WE CAN'T DO ANY SCIENCE?
VICKERS: Fucks I give: zero. Enjoy your stay on LV-223!

©2012 Cleolinda Jones. Please quote or link back, do not repost . cleolinda.livejournal.com

http://m15m.livejournal.com/23209.html

That is very appropriate and funnily enough I was thinking of the lifeboat myself when reading the Phoenix brochure.

As much as I'd like to buy Aquila, I'm going to wait and work in game to get the &#8364;&#8364;&#8364;. For now deluxe aurora LTI, 325A and avenger will have to do.

we need more confirmation on the main thruster debacle because TR7's is a huge selling point on getting one or not.

well as for the co-op seats, looks like the left (drivers side) seat was the pilot in the actual aquila commercial which to me makes more sense than the middle captains seat because it sits forward more and should have a little better view out the cockpit than the middle chair.

i do not think ship system delegating is in place yet, like left chair would be pilot, middle would be captain (if a C&C) would be giving orders to other flight groups in the area or just giving orders to the local crew and possibly could be in charge of some ship subsystems if needed, and the other passenger side chair would be full ship systems controls from shield/power balancing to flares and chaff and other defenses and could pass that stuff off to the captain if that person is also the engineer and they need to run back to the engine room or what ever else they might do.

i think i am only going to get the phoenix upgrade tho, i would rather have 125 credits tied up in the ship over 400 of the full package until the stats get properly addressed about TR5 and TR7 main thrusters among other things like can the aquila get its top turret back and such.

i will just sit on the upgrade until i feel i should get the connie and apply it.

then i can always get the tali or 890 with credit and not feel pressured into putting more money into the game for awhile since i can choose when i get the base connie ship since it is never limited.

Last edited:
Yeah I need to update, I only have base models of all my ships at the moment, I melted all my upgrades (never did apply them) so I could get my Connie package and auroras back, unfortunately that means I just lost my racer, I'm going to see if that can reinstate my 350R upgrade lol...

I think I'm done buying stuff until I can spend $667 at once in cross chassis and upgrades so I can use my 15% coupon to it's full effect, probably in January or something when I go to re up my Imperator sub if it's worth it.

Wow, people are really pouring money into this game. I'll be mad if the $65 I spent turns out to be a waste. Can't imagine spending $100's or $1000's on a flop.

Yeah...I am all for helping this game succeed but I couldn't in a million years see spending more than $50 or so on this at this time.

I really hope this game doesn't end up being shit, but if it does and you spent $1000? I can't see people just being like "ok, cool, lesson learned".

Also incase people did miss the multi-crew ship part, here is the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4UR5HRM5Us&list=UUIeuhMJKD4rqGIw2DxyQqeA

Looks like the co-op flight chairs in the connie are useless at this moment in combat.

Also a friendly reminder: Since people are buying more than a few ships with the release of the variants, make sure you update your ship list in the community page: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1771592

It looks nice, but nothing impressive. We've been doing that for decades in games (Jedi Starfighter, ect.). Where it will really shine is if crew members can control more specialized sub systems, like sensor/jamming suites instead of simple turrets.

But progress is progress.

If the game fails then and you spent $1000 that you couldn't afford to lose then you deserve it.

That's life, people are learning machines. I lost $15,000 in credit card interest over a 4 year period because I made stupid decisions in the past. I don't hold debt anymore, life lesson learned, losing a $1000 and learning a hard lesson is pretty cheap.

It looks nice, but nothing impressive. We've been doing that for decades in games (Jedi Starfighter, ect.). Where it will really shine is if crew members can control more specialized sub systems, like sensor/jamming suites instead of simple turrets.

But progress is progress.

You will be able to control all subsystems of the ship including tweaking systems for better performance, efficiency, etc.

Mmmmmm

I gotto keep saving for the Salvager Platform!

Yeah, I have 10 ships right now, but I'm just waiting for something sweet to come along and I'll melt just about every one of them. I'm about on track adding about $50 a month to my ship cache in the hangar since the start of the campaign.

i am pretty close to the limit i will be spending, maybe $100 or $200 more tops then i will have hit my pay wall.

but i look at it like this, no matter what i feel like the game will not fail. because even if the game it self sucks we will likely see a rebirth in space genre games so even if SC fails i will have hopefully helped revive one of my favorite genres and publishers will realize there is a huge market out there for this type of game.

sure i have $1200 or so spent on my SC account but i want the idea to succeed just as much as i want the game to succeed.

i put up a video of the Aquila in the hangar also
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iotIp6eHm3s

Last edited:
So just tried the multiplayer. All it seemed to me was spawn camping. Most times I barely made it 10 seconds after respawning before I was dead. Multiple times died withing 2-3 seconds. Anyone else?

Yeah, that's my feeling to Wildace, I backed SC and spent the vast majority of my money before we were even near $20 million, I backed SC a way more than necessary because of Chris Roberts track record.

The reboot of the Space Sim is just as good as if not better in some ways than SC being amazing, it's been nearly 12 year since a decent ones been out.

No offence to David Braben but I never played Elite and never heard of the guy before SC but I backed Elite also and it's looking to be a decent game as well.

Just the attention SC is getting helps these other games like No Man's sky get some headlines as well. I like the headlines but the graphics are a bit meh, I'm not sold on procedural generation yet though. Will probably still play it if it comes out for PC and isn't gimped from being a PS4 port.

So just tried the multiplayer. All it seemed to me was spawn camping. Most times I barely made it 10 seconds after respawning before I was dead. Multiple times died withing 2-3 seconds. Anyone else?

Sadly you are not mistaken nor exaggerating.

This didn't use to happen when the number of people with access to multiplayer was lower. There was this unspoken honor rule of not engaging people who had just spawned. We'd purposely fly away from the spawn locations and people respawning or just entering the game would have to fly at least 2-3 clicks to where the rest of us were engaging each other.

The only thing you can do is wait 'til they add the ability to invite friends so we can form groups of our own and fight amongst each other in pre arranged groups. We'll also be able to fly co-op Vanduul swarm plus the new racing mode which should be coming online in 2 weeks.
P.S: The way I see it is there will be campers when the game goes live though it will be harder since the persistent universe will be exponentially larger but this at least gives you some practice to learn how to deal with them.

Last edited:
Back